Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2020, 10:25   #2911
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Yes, that is what i am planning to do now. All thanks to the wisdom shared here. Are off the shelf longer wires available for this? The wire needs to be around 3+ metres for this.
The charging wire for the 70mai dash cam pro is easily more than 3 meters.
I am using it and can confirm it is suitably long - haven't measured but looks like 8 meters long.
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 11:14   #2912
Senior - BHPian

Guys - Any advice on a REASONABLY PRICED (won't hurt to lose pricing), ALWAYS ON, WATERPROOF, FRONT & REAR Motorcycle Dashcam? Don't need any fancy features.
Old 11th March 2020, 11:53   #2913
knp
BHPian

Friends, for 70mai pro, anyone having issues with GPS attachmnet having a lose connection with the main unit? For me, I am having this problem and ADAS does not work, so I have to keep tucking it while driving.
Old 11th March 2020, 11:57   #2914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
Friends, for 70mai pro, anyone having issues with GPS attachmnet having a lose connection with the main unit? For me, I am having this problem and ADAS does not work, so I have to keep tucking it while driving.
Yes my 70MAI unit has the same problem. The problem is unless I am constantly monitoring it, I don't even get to know that the GPS module is no longer active. Let me also know if you find a solution. :/
Old 11th March 2020, 13:12   #2915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I have been using a Samsung EVO plus Grade 3, Class 10 64GB card for a year and a half now. Ensure that you get a Class 10 with a high transfer rate ~100MB/s for fast transfer and quick change over to new files with every timed file switch.

I had a Strontium Nitro UHS-1 Class 10, but it had issues with the last files since it would be too slow to complete writing before the power went out after turning off the car.
I'm using the exact same Samsung card bought from Amazon but still face the issue.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B06Y5XBL8C/..._yyjAEbBDTQM6E

I previously tried a strontium and that didn't work out either.

What is the resolution you've set it to? I tried 60fps and may be that's causing issues.
Old 11th March 2020, 13:53   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

What is the resolution you've set it to? I tried 60fps and may be that's causing issues.
I think my frame rate is lesser; at about 25-30 fps. You may want to lower the fps and check.
Old 11th March 2020, 13:59   #2917
ada
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that is what i am planning to do now. All thanks to the wisdom shared here. Are off the shelf longer wires available for this? The wire needs to be around 3+ metres for this.
The wire provided with the dash bank 70 mai was sufficient for me. Amazon is the correct place to search for this.
ada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 15:07   #2918

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
So, I went ahead and bought a 70mai 1s due to a simple reason that if I don't set it up this weekend it'll take another month. Have to travel each weekend for the coming month. However, I got the 1s and 64gb SanDisk class 10 sd Card within few hours from Amazon! (Ordered at night and next day it was home!) I'm pretty impressed with the out come and ease of using it, here is a sample from the weekend drive.
Thanks a lot. I have bought the same one recently based on the discussion in this thread. This one is very cost-effective, and setup was quite easy with the app.

Yet to check the video quality during night drive.

Have you mounted in just behind the rear view mirror or lower on the windshield?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 11th March 2020 at 15:21. Reason: Removed video URLs from quoted post. Thanks.
Old 11th March 2020, 18:14   #2919
BHPian

Hello Everyone, Is anyone from the forum installed Dashcam in Octavia, if yes can you suggest from where was that powered, I don't want to go the Hard Wired way but then the 12V socket is powered 24 hours, appreciate any pointers.
Thank you in advance.
Old 11th March 2020, 19:06   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Hello Everyone, Is anyone from the forum installed Dashcam in Octavia, if yes can you suggest from where was that powered, I don't want to go the Hard Wired way but then the 12V socket is powered 24 hours, appreciate any pointers.
Thank you in advance.
I use a 70mai dash cam pro in my Octavia and unfortunately unless you are open to hardwire it there is no other way but to manually remove/attach the power connection each time from the 12V socket. The 70mai dashcam that I use does come with motion detection and powers off when it senses no movement for some minutes which is handy in case i ever forget to pull the power out however I do try to make it a point to manually disconnect the power as I don't want to risk wearing out the car battery.
Old 11th March 2020, 19:43   #2921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
The charging wire for the 70mai dash cam pro is easily more than 3 meters.
I am using it and can confirm it is suitably long - haven't measured but looks like 8 meters long.
Correction.
The wire is approx 10 feet long.
Not 8 meters as mentioned by me.
10 feet = approx 3 meters.
For any standard car, it is suitably long.
It’s charging socket comes with 2 slots.
One dedicated for dash cam & other for your phone charging.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 20:00   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
I use a 70mai dash cam pro in my Octavia and unfortunately unless you are open to hardwire it there is no other way but to manually remove/attach the power connection each time from the 12V socket. The 70mai dashcam that I use does come with motion detection and powers off when it senses no movement for some minutes which is handy in case i ever forget to pull the power out however I do try to make it a point to manually disconnect the power as I don't want to risk wearing out the car battery.
The one I have is Viofo A119 V2 which isn't having motion detection feature, do you know whether the 2 USB ports in the rear centre console is also powered all the time if that case I can power the camera from the rear centre console. Worst case I'll get the same dashcam as yours otherwise

Cheers!
Old 12th March 2020, 08:57   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Correction.
The wire is approx 10 feet long.
Not 8 meters as mentioned by me.
10 feet = approx 3 meters.
For any standard car, it is suitably long.
Thanks for the quick update. Yes, 3 metres should be enough. I was browsing through Amazon yesterday and realised that their are multiple variants available for 70mai costing between INR4,000 and INR8,000. Which one is most recommended? Is the wifi enabled variant useful? Sorry for some basic questions as i have very limited understanding of dashcams.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 09:05   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Yes my 70MAI unit has the same problem. The problem is unless I am constantly monitoring it, I don't even get to know that the GPS module is no longer active. Let me also know if you find a solution. :/
I too have the same problem with my 70mai dash cam pro which i bought a week ago from Ali express. Maybe this weekend i will try to fix it. If any possible solution found, please let me know.
Old 12th March 2020, 10:58   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
I was browsing through Amazon yesterday and realised that their are multiple variants available for 70mai costing between INR4,000 and INR8,000.
The cheaper one is the dash cam and the costlier one is the dash cam pro.
I went for the dash cam pro.
The costliest amongst them is the one with GPS module which I did not go in for at the moment.
My understanding is that the in-built Wi-Fi is only useful during set up or when you wish to view the video on your phone simultaneously while driving or wish to take photos.
I haven't used it so cannot comment about the usefulness of the wi-fi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks