Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:58   #2836
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I did experiment once with a mobile phone. The phone was Lenovo-K4 Note and I tried a few apps. My observations:

1. Phone was big for the purpose.
2. Loop recording was probably a feature in the app and I allotted about 3GB space for the dashcam video. Not sure how many minutes of HD recording can be accommodated by 3GB space.
3. The recorded video was not smooth. It felt jittery.
4. Since the form factor was big, it was eyecatching & attention grabbing too for people outside the car.
5. I was not using a sim card, hence probably the phone was not too hot.
6. The phone display couldn't be turned off while recording.
7. Mounting was an issue.
8. No night recording mode.

I finally got Yi smart dash cam (165 degrees).
Old 27th November 2019, 08:23   #2837
BHPian

Hii folks, so to save the unnecessary hassle/ expenditure of buying a second dashcam , I purchased a suction mount and Cable for my Transcend DrivePro 220

Link for mount :
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00JY6W8YM/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_jmE3Db6HB2DNF

Link for Cable :
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00NH13S44/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_BoE3DbA9C9YV5

I drive my Honda Jazz all days of the week and shifted the dashcam there. The XUV used for out of city drives/ weekends still has the hardware in place just missing the dashcam
Im not very happy with the masking tape in both cars holding the wires, need suggestions for better aesthetic looks.
I have thought of putting a black tape to blend in with the interiors.
Any other ideas would be much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_0872.jpg  

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 27th November 2019 at 08:23. Reason: Spacing
vinitbhavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 16:06   #2838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Any other ideas would be much appreciated.
You need wire organiser clips. Here are 2 of them:
1. https://www.amazon.in/SpiderJuice-Mu...%2C256&sr=8-50

2. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_52

Here is how I have done in my 800. In Abarth, the wire is routed via the A pillar trim and the headliner.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7278.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7277.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7276.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7275.jpg

PS - you will need a longer cable too. 7-8 ft.

Last edited by blackwasp : 27th November 2019 at 16:08.
blackwasp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 07:11   #2839
BHPian

Anyone using 4G rearview mirror? I got one from Aliexpress (Quidux) brand, Android 8.1 12" with twin cams but unable to 'bind' it with smartphone with carkeeper app. The seller apparently has no manual to explain the procedure.
Old 2nd December 2019, 22:14   #2840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi all, apologies for this oft repeated question but I am a bit short of time due to the 11.11 sale tomorrow.
I am also looking for similar product. Did you find something?
Old 3rd December 2019, 00:07   #2841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
THANK YOU!!! I'd to scrounge for another coupon from web, and used this code "5c89be" for a total of Rs 10048.33. Didn't know coupons give such deep discount!
I hope you have got your dash cam by now. How was your experience buying from banggood? What is your review of the product?
Old 3rd December 2019, 01:48   #2842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTitan47 View Post
I am also looking for similar product. Did you find something?
Yes I did and the link is given in the same post that you quoted. It is the Junsun E31P. I did not purchase it however.
Old 13th December 2019, 09:32   #2843
BHPian

70Mai 1s users - need a help here ... I connected my 70Mai 1s to the 12v socket and the power button shows green. However when i try to connect my mobile (ios) to the 70mai Wifi, it says unable to find dashcam Wifi ... Also, i have observed that at times the dashcam says aloud that its recording has started and stopped. Is there a way I can record an entire trip on the dash cam ? Too many questions, appreciate a response
Old 13th December 2019, 20:22   #2844
Senior - BHPian

People who are buying new dashcams I highly recommend a twin channel camera with in-cabin recording (often called as taxi cam), It will be mighty useful in the unfortunate event of a crash as there shall be no disputes regarding who was driving, was he/she wearing seatbelt, was he/she on the phone, was he/she distracted elsewhere etc.

For the rear camera get a separate dashcam and wire it independently using a wire from boot/hatch area which is ON when key is at ACC or use the cigarette lighter socket if available.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 14:21   #2845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
70Mai 1s users - need a help here ... I connected my 70Mai 1s to the 12v socket and the power button shows green. However when i try to connect my mobile (ios) to the 70mai Wifi, it says unable to find dashcam Wifi ... Also, i have observed that at times the dashcam says aloud that its recording has started and stopped. Is there a way I can record an entire trip on the dash cam ? Too many questions, appreciate a response
Hi, helpful if someone can suggest a workaround. Also, since the 70Mai comes with the electrostatic sheet, can it be removed and placed in another car ? I have a roadtrip planned in the next couple of weeks and wanted to use this in my Creta for the trip. Much appreciate your response.
Old 16th December 2019, 14:40   #2846
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, helpful if someone can suggest a workaround. Also, since the 70Mai comes with the electrostatic sheet, can it be removed and placed in another car ? I have a roadtrip planned in the next couple of weeks and wanted to use this in my Creta for the trip. Much appreciate your response.

I will try and answer few of your queries.
i. AFAIK, 70Mai doesnt works with IOS, so u will have to try with an Andriod phone.
ii. The cam only says "Recording started when it goes into recording an Emergency video". Pls check the collision sensitivity in the app.
iii. With the highest video encoding, I was able to get a 7 hrs of footage on a 64 GB MMC. I was not aware of this and lost entire footage of the first leg
iv. Those electrostatic sheet are useless and they do not stick to the windshield. I have fixed the GPS module directly onto the WS.
v. The 70Mai pro uses loop recording and with the latest firmware upgrade, It gives option to choose length of the video (1/2/3 mins). So in case you are looking at recording your entire trip, I would suggest carry a spare MMC or Download the footage on to your phone or laptop to avoid that being overwritten.

Hope this helps..!!

I have been using a 70Mai pro for 8 months now and quite satisfied with the output.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 14:45   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I will try and answer few of your queries.
i. AFAIK, 70Mai doesnt works with IOS, so u will have to try with an Andriod phone.
ii. The cam only says "Recording started when it goes into recording an Emergency video". Pls check the collision sensitivity in the app.
iii. With the highest video encoding, I was able to get a 7 hrs of footage on a 64 GB MMC. I was not aware of this and lost entire footage of the first leg
iv. Those electrostatic sheet are useless and they do not stick to the windshield. I have fixed the GPS module directly onto the WS.
v. The 70Mai pro uses loop recording and with the latest firmware upgrade, It gives option to choose length of the video (1/2/3 mins). So in case you are looking at recording your entire trip, I would suggest carry a spare MMC or Download the footage on to your phone or laptop to avoid that being overwritten.

Hope this helps..!!

I have been using a 70Mai pro for 8 months now and quite satisfied with the output.
Thank you. Weirdly though and somehow by fluke, I the mobile app did mirror the camera. The next I checked again and i got the same error suggesting, it could not connect to the dashcam's wifi. Wow, you say that the electrostatic sheet is useless. This was one of the issues why i moved away from the mobile holder and go myself the dashcam. The holder would fall off wither due to the heat or due to the weight of my phone. Incidentally I do feel the iphone XS to be heavier than the 6. Let me give this a try with an android phone and see if it works.
akshays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 16:19   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Weirdly though and s......... if it works.
I have just bought the same model and using it on iPhone 7 with latest iOS version, have none of the problems faced by you. have been using it since a week without any issues, performs exactly as written on the user manual.
beast_within is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 19:03   #2849
BHPian

While my app says cannot connect to the dash am, but the cam is on its own trip recording as it pleases. How to I reset the cam and start the whole thing afresh.
Old 18th December 2019, 10:33   #2850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I did experiment once with a mobile phone. The phone was Lenovo-K4 Note and I tried a few apps. My observations:
Good that you bought a dashcam. Guess there's been a lot of discussions here in the past on using the phone as a dashcam. Like you pointed out, there's a lot of cons. I did try once but that was just to capture my Fastag experience. Camera was turned off after passing the toll.

These videos show why the dashcam is best suited.

1) Mobile phone

2) GoPro

3) Aukey Dashcam (watch in FullHD)

naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks