Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2018, 18:28   #2236
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

The memory card in my Vifo A119 V2 refuses to go inside the slot. Seller recommends that I push hard, or repair it myself locally.

Have tried different cards, and pushed hard. But the card pops out again. Have taped it, however, every now and then a "No card detected" message beeps. Any quick fix or DIY solution? Would these local mobile repair shops be able to help?
Old 7th June 2018, 01:43   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
The memory card in my Vifo A119 V2 refuses to go inside the slot. Seller recommends that I push hard, or repair it myself locally.

Have tried different cards, and pushed hard. But the card pops out again. Have taped it, however, every now and then a "No card detected" message beeps. Any quick fix or DIY solution? Would these local mobile repair shops be able to help?
If it's within warranty, you should insist on a replacement. Assuming you're OK with sending it back and waiting for about a month (or more).

A mobile phone repairer should be able to help you with replacing the Mini USB port.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 08:04   #2238
BHPian

I added the GPS module to my Viofo A119 V2 since a week.
The issue I have is my GPS coordinates and speed are not displayed in the recording. I had set both GPS and the info to ON in settings.
Moreover on the camera screen I see the GPS speed as 0 in Red font.
Refer the below image.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dash-cam-gps.jpg  

Old 7th June 2018, 08:31   #2239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I added the GPS module to my Viofo A119 V2 since a week.
The issue I have is my GPS coordinates and speed are not displayed in the recording. I had set both GPS and the info to ON in settings.
Moreover on the camera screen I see the GPS speed as 0 in Red font.
Refer the below image.
Are you plugging the power cable in the GPS module and then slotting in the camera correctly? Slotting in the camera in the GPS module but powering the camera may give rise to such an issue. The camera gets power via the GPS module , but AFAIK vice versa is not possible.
Old 7th June 2018, 09:15   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Are you plugging the power cable in the GPS module and then slotting in the camera correctly? Slotting in the camera in the GPS module but powering the camera may give rise to such an issue. The camera gets power via the GPS module , but AFAIK vice versa is not possible.
The USB power cable cord is connected to the GPS Module and not the camera directly. The signal is intermittent and it was working for less than 5% of usage.
Cheers!
Old 7th June 2018, 09:59   #2241
BHPian

My VIOFO A119S stopped working. The device starts with the sound and splash screen. Instead of the camera image view, i am getting a frozen half screen view after couple of seconds. Anyone faced similar issue?
Old 7th June 2018, 10:01   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
It works either way in my A119. Due to lose contact of cam with the GPS module I used to have frequent power off issues. Now I have the cable directly powering the camera through the side port, but still the GPS works.
Old 7th June 2018, 10:40   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
If it's within warranty, you should insist on a replacement. Assuming you're OK with sending it back and waiting for about a month (or more).

A mobile phone repairer should be able to help you with replacing the Mini USB port.
I purchased this last August, will have to check on warranty status, though shipping it back would be a pain. Also its the micro SD card slot that needs to be repaired/ changed. Will check with some local mobile repair shops...

A question:

Have a road trip coming up in a few months (say November). YI action cam is available for $54 on aliexpress. Should I buy one, as a backup, or use my YI action cam in a pinch. The YI action cam does loop recording, but has no GPS and no auto start/stop.

Last edited by ajayclicks : 7th June 2018 at 10:51.
Old 7th June 2018, 11:18   #2244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
It works either way in my A119. Due to lose contact of cam with the GPS module I used to have frequent power off issues. Now I have the cable directly powering the camera through the side port, but still the GPS works.
In my A119S, if the camera is latched to the GPS module, but the cable is plugged in the camera, the camera still works, but GPS coordinates / speed is not recorded.

Quote:
The USB power cable cord is connected to the GPS Module and not the camera directly. The signal is intermittent and it was working for less than 5% of usage.
Cheers!
I guess then it is a case of the metal contacts not making connection properly

Last edited by blackasta : 7th June 2018 at 11:19.
Old 7th June 2018, 11:43   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Let me try this option, but then are you sure the GPS shows the speed and coordinates if connected this way?

Quote:
I guess then it is a case of the metal contacts not making connection properly
If that is the case, then how come camera is getting powered?

Cheers!
Old 7th June 2018, 12:29   #2246
Senior - BHPian

I have the Viofo A119S. Connecting it via the GPS has always been very finicky. The camera used to keep rebooting. THis persisted despite changing the GPS unit.

So, I finally gave up & connected it directly. NO issues until now.

Does your camera work fine without the GPS? If so, please do consider if you really need the GPS instead of doing any serious surgery

Just my 2 cents.
Old 7th June 2018, 13:38   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
Let me try this option, but then are you sure the GPS shows the speed and coordinates if connected this way?

Cheers!
Yes, I am using this setup for the past 2 months on my A119. Let me check and update if it works on A119S as well.
Old 8th June 2018, 07:31   #2248
BHPian

I need to upgrade the 16 GB micro SD card of my Dashcam. OEM supplied cards are very expensive.
Please provide your suggestion for MLC micro SD card of 64 or 128 GB storage capacity.

Last edited by Wanderers : 8th June 2018 at 07:33.
Old 8th June 2018, 07:45   #2249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I need to upgrade the 16 GB micro SD card of my Dashcam. OEM supplied cards are very expensive.
Please provide your suggestion for MLC micro SD card of 64 or 128 GB storage capacity.
I have this one for 64 GB storage. Is working well.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 08:04   #2250
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I have this one for 64 GB storage. Is working well.
I too bought this memory card for the Viofo A119S V2 but it stopped working within 4 hours of usage. Requested for return and received my refund.

Browsing online, came across this article:

https://www.carcamcentral.com/guide/...sk-ultra-cards

Bought a 64GB Samsung EVO Class 10 memory card instead. No issues so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks