Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2017, 23:15   #1906
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
What is the main difference between A119S and A119 V2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
What I picked from various reddit/forums is that the a119/v2 has a wider angle lens than a119s, and maybe the a119s with it's Sony sensor has an edge during night driving.
A119 varies from a119v2 by virtue of having different GPS mounts.

P.s - also the a119 lens swivels left-right, the a119s one doesn't.
The major difference is A119 is 1440p whereas A119s is 1080p only
A119 has Omnivision sensor
A119s has Sony sensor
You get slightly better performance in Night if you do night driving a lot then you should pic A119s. for everything else A119 better.
dreamz_mak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 23:19   #1907
BHPian

Thanks for the reply guyz. I bought A119 V2 from Aliexpress. Looks like we can do DIY to install, but I still feel the wires will not be concealed properly. Is there anyway to setup so that I do not see wires in the cabin? Should I get it installed from the auto accessories shop?
Old 3rd December 2017, 00:24   #1908
BHPian

Keep it that way till you are happy with the setup, positioning and the device itself.

I've installed it by pushing the wire into the cladding mostly. The bit that is visible is from where the dashboard and windscreen meet to all the way down to the cigarette lighter point. Will keep it that way till I get it perfect and then do the concealed wiring.
Old 4th December 2017, 07:37   #1909
Senior - BHPian

Got my A119 v2 on Wednesday. Ironically I got it 3 days after I got rear-ended - not that it will have helped.
Got slugged with 1600 Rs. customs duty. The note mentioned Viofo A119 valued at Rs. 4000. Although I frowned I guess this is completely legit - so no complaints.
Now I have to wait for the car to return from the workshop before I can play with the cam.
Old 4th December 2017, 11:39   #1910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
....slugged with 1600 Rs. customs duty. The note mentioned Viofo A119 valued at Rs. 4000. Although I frowned I guess this is completely legit - so no complaints..
Just curious, did you request the seller to undervalue ? I rarely hear this custom paid situation from aliexpress because most of them are undervalued on the shipping note. I am yet to receive mine, fingers crossed
Old 4th December 2017, 12:16   #1911
BHPian

What would be a good dash cam for a Corolla, under Re 5000/-?
Old 4th December 2017, 12:22   #1912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got my A119 v2 on Wednesday. Ironically I got it 3 days after I got rear-ended - not that it will have helped.
Got slugged with 1600 Rs. customs duty. The note mentioned Viofo A119 valued at Rs. 4000. Although I frowned I guess this is completely legit - so no complaints.
Now I have to wait for the car to return from the workshop before I can play with the cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Just curious, did you request the seller to undervalue ? I rarely hear this custom paid situation from aliexpress because most of them are undervalued on the shipping note. I am yet to receive mine, fingers crossed
Same question - what was the declared value on the package? and was the package opened by customs?
Old 4th December 2017, 13:07   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Same question - what was the declared value on the package? and was the package opened by customs?
I messaged the seller before shipping and he said he marks the value as 12$.
Customs had opened the package and repacked it with their seal.
The customs notice specifically mentions Viofo A119 and hence I think they valued it based on their usual table of costs.
Old 4th December 2017, 17:18   #1914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I messaged the seller before shipping and he said he marks the value as 12$.
Customs had opened the package and repacked it with their seal.
The customs notice specifically mentions Viofo A119 and hence I think they valued it based on their usual table of costs.
Hm- then it's better to pay the duty and close the case.
Old 4th December 2017, 17:41   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I messaged the seller before shipping and he said he marks the value as 12$. Customs had opened the package and repacked it with their seal...
I must say you were bit unlucky with the customs. I received my Viofo V2 at lunch time today, value is marked as $7 and a tick mark on the 'Gift' column, there is no mention of the Viofo name anywhere on the package. So, no customs.

I Connected the GPS, put my 64 GB card and did the basic set up at my desk and everything seems to be working perfect. GPS locked in my room itself. Waiting to fix it on the windscreen tomorrow. I didn't pick the CPL in this order after seeing reviews mentioning no difference with or without it, so my only concerns are reflections and bright sun glare. If its not an acceptable quality for my dashboard layout and lens angle, I will dispose it off within 10 days
Old 5th December 2017, 11:39   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
What would be a good dash cam for a Corolla, under Re 5000/-?
Can anyone guide me with this?

I have shortlisted the DDPai mini Wifi 1080P and the Blueskysea 1080P dash cameras. The time to receive the same from ali express however is 30-45 days. Can I use a smart phone (Panasonic P66) till the time to shoot the drives? I have one in spare.

Have read the reviews of the DDPai, but has anyone tried the Blueskysea?
Swapnil4585 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 13:17   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.....my only concerns are reflections and bright sun glare. If its not an acceptable quality for my dashboard layout and lens angle, I will dispose it off within 10 days
As feared, it's all for real. I am making a list of all the names here who recommended Viofo, I will hunt you all down with an axe

Here is my take :
1. Viofo is very compact
2. Viofo video is very crisp and clear

THAT'S THE END. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now here are the negatives:
1. Viofo video reflects everything under it and around it
2. Viofo takes in all the glare coming from any angle
3. Viofo audio is pathetic, hear it with a headphone, you will hear aliens
4. Viofo GPS is not accurate with the speed, It showed upto 50kmph when I was doing under 20, It can act against you
5. Viofo heats up mildly and you can smell solder and chipboard inside
6. Viofo is overpriced ! Yes, considering what is inside it, it must be under Rs.3000

I will try to find a way to cut the glare and reflections, otherwise its off my car very soon. Someone might say, get a CPL, I have seen video reviews with and without it, there is hardly any difference !

I am sorry to say this, Viofo is an overhyped dashcam more than its worth or quality ! I bought SJcam 4000 wifi under 6k in India 2 years back, it comes with a huge list of accessories including waterproof case and the quality of audio and video are anyday better than Viofo, it also has dashcam function.

A screenshot from the parking: It is showing 50+kmph
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-vio.png

Last edited by shajufx : 5th December 2017 at 13:29.
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 13:51   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry to say this, Viofo is an overhyped dashcam more than its worth or quality !
Attachment 1702801
I completely agree with you. My 8 months old A119 stopped working, switches on with a red screen displaying VIOFO in the screen. From the dash cam forums, I found that its a common issue with many users.
Old 5th December 2017, 14:52   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgginish View Post
I completely agree with you. My 8 months old A119 stopped working, switches on with a red screen displaying VIOFO in the screen. From the dash cam forums, I found that its a common issue with many users.
Did you try connecting over USB to your laptop & re-flashing the firmware ? Around 6 months back had the same issue with my A119 & after doing so resolved it. Still working fine.
Old 5th December 2017, 15:02   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
Did you try connecting over USB to your laptop & re-flashing the firmware ? Around 6 months back had the same issue with my A119 & after doing so resolved it. Still working fine.
I have tried updating the firmware and no luck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks