Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2020, 10:54   #1246
BHPian

Re: The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Hey Guys, I just got a 90k quote for Innova Crysta damping - 2.6mm damping on door and 4mm damping on roof and floor. The material will be used is Dr. Artex but I insisted on CTX since that seems to be popular here, to which he said is not good enough as compared to Dr. Artex. There will be around 50-55 sheets used in the complete damping process and is a day's job. I have no prior experience with damping, dont you say its bit on the higher side? and which material is good these days?
I have used Dr. Artex Iridium in my xuv 300 and it is pretty decent. Yesterday, saw CTX side by side when evaluating it for my friends Celerio and CTX does seem to be thicker but not sure if thickness alone is a barometer for good damping. The dealer who is very good at audio installation mentioned that CTX has a slight edge but sometimes the dealers views are based on margins. You can't go wrong with Artex if that is the only one available.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 01:01   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitksvs View Post
Thanks Navin. I am open to going to any good place in Mumbai, not necessarily in Bandra or BKC.

I was just wondering who/which place is considered to be best in terms of experience, workmanship and results, if you could please help.
Thanks again.
Hi Amitksvs,

Have you done the damping on your Dzire? I noticed you did not get any definite answer here. I am looking to do the same so any advice or suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards,
SS
Old 8th November 2020, 15:01   #1248
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Yesterday, saw CTX side by side when evaluating it for my friends Celerio and CTX does seem to be thicker but not sure if thickness alone is a barometer for good damping. The dealer who is very good at audio installation mentioned that CTX has a slight edge but sometimes the dealers views are based on margins.
are you sure it's CTX and not CTK ? Because CTK is a very popular and well regarded brand, with an advertised USP of 'vibrodamping'.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 15:18   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
are you sure it's CTX and not CTK ? Because CTK is a very popular and well regarded brand, with an advertised USP of 'vibrodamping'.
Yes. It is CTK. My bad for the typo. Installed it my friends Celerio this week and found it pretty good.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 01:14   #1250
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard of and/or used "Vibromax" damping sheets. 2.00 mm thick. Made in Russia. Dealer says they are NOT waterproof but he has never had any complaints.

And another one : RSR Auto Vision. Chinese made but made to a dealer's spec.

Any advice on these 2 brands would be a great help.

The quote is about 15K for 5 doors incl. labour. In Bombay.

Regards,
SS
Old 10th November 2020, 14:42   #1251
BHPian

15K for 5 doors is expensive by about 2.5 - 3 K. You can search for Vibromax dealer for Mumbai and pick the 2mm pack for between 9-10K. They are actually charging high for this product stating its made in Russia, as if European and American products are passe. Labor for installation shouldn't be more than 200-300 per door at max.

I just picked 2 packs of Maxxlink. 1 pack has 5 sheets 460mm X 800mm. Total costed me 5500 for 10 pack. Will do a DIY or get it done from a local shop under my supervision. This will go in my Linea. I had used Dampmat in my Punto in 2015 the same way. The whole pack of Dampmat costed around 7.5K then, thanks to eBay 20-25% coupon.
kunwar.g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 01:40   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunwar.g View Post
15K for 5 doors is expensive by about 2.5 - 3 K. You can search for Vibromax dealer for Mumbai and pick the 2mm pack for between 9-10K. They are actually charging high for this product stating its made in Russia, as if European and American products are passe. Labor for installation shouldn't be more than 200-300 per door at max.

I had used Dampmat in my Punto in 2015 the same way. The whole pack of Dampmat costed around 7.5K then, thanks to eBay 20-25% coupon.
Hi Kunwar,

Thanks for your response. I guess the dealer's are making their cut as well - but that's like 25%!! A bit much.
The problem is if you buy the sheets yourself and then go to the shop to fit them, the shop Owner will rip you off for labour - as I found out recently - so we are back to square one.
Did you find that "Dampmat" made a big difference to your Punto - the sound quality and the road noise?
It's the first time I am going in for this so want to make sure it's worth it.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 01:56   #1253
BHPian

Absolutely worth every penny. Both outside noise reduction and ICE sound quality improvement. For Road nice need silent tyre and maybe damping of floor bed.
Old 11th November 2020, 02:26   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Applied the damping sheets for my Hyundai Venue. The primary aim was to reduce all kinds of metal sounds originating from the doors with the added advantage of a better NVH and a better sounding music system.
Could you please provide the cost and details on where to procure the sheets?
Is it available as a pack or single sheets?

Last edited by Sheel : 11th November 2020 at 09:36. Reason: Full stop replaced with question mark.
Old 11th November 2020, 10:04   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun560061 View Post
Could you please provide the cost and details on where to procure the sheets?
Is it available as a pack or single sheets?
It comes in a pack of 5 sheets. It will cost anywhere from 700-1200 per sheet depending on the brand. I got mine for 850/sheet and they had an offer where if I buy 4 boxes, I get the 5th one free. So its down to the dealers on how they give it. Usually they take a profit of ₹50-₹100 per sheet.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 01:36   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
It comes in a pack of 5 sheets. It will cost anywhere from 700-1200 per sheet depending on the brand. I got mine for 850/sheet and they had an offer where if I buy 4 boxes,
Thanks for the info, could you let me know the shop details on where to procure it..
Old 12th November 2020, 13:55   #1257
BHPian

I have seen people going for under the hood damping with Artex and Dampmat and I am like that's a disaster waiting to happen.

Would it make sense to get the wheel lining damped to restrict noise from tyres seeping into the cabin?
Old 12th November 2020, 14:01   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun560061 View Post
Thanks for the info, could you let me know the shop details on where to procure it..
Zero 6 customs, Calicut, Kerala.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 18:24   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Any advice on these 2 brands would be a great help.
I have done this on my Crysta last week.

Vibromax Damping sheets are good for sound damping and the difference has been awesome in the sound after damping.

For Crysta I was charged 4500 per door. It took nearly 4 hours to open, clean and install with proper tools and knowledge.
Every door was done neatly, and I paid for the hard work.

The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread-20201106_145616.jpg

The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread-20201106_164240.jpg

The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread-20201106_190256.jpg

The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread-20201106_131507.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 14th November 2020 at 23:54. Reason: Quote trimmed. Pictures inserted in-line.
The Great is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 18:34   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
I have done this on my Crysta last week.

Vibromax Damping sheets are good for sound damping and the difference has been awesome in the sound after damping.

For Crysta I was charged 4500 per door. It took nearly 4 hours to open, clean and install with proper tools and knowledge.
Every door was done neatly, and I paid for the hard work.
Hi " The Great"
Woah!!! That's expensive! I was quoted 3k per door. Do you mind sharing where you got this done? Job certainly looks neat and professional.
Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks