Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 18:33   #766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt500 View Post
@MutantX
The prices I got : Rs.2200/- for a pack of six sheets ,direct from the delhi sales office!
You have to bargain harder my friend.
The sheets are worth the money @ 2200 but not at the price quoted to you , that's just obscene man.
Which car are you gonna damp?
Guys, Dynamat bulk pack is costing me close to 7k (if bought from states) for 36sq.ft. If either Wurth / Noise kill would perform to 80% of dynamat's performance level then I would prefer to go in for the cheaper option. How good is Wurth & Noise kill's performance ?

Last edited by donarun : 11th October 2010 at 18:35.
Old 11th October 2010, 23:27   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
guys, I just called up the wuerth dealer in chennai (Rein Hold Wurth India
). He has quoted me 600 per sheet. Below are the dimensions:

550mm x 250 mm with 2 mm thickness.

The installation is free. The total would come upto 3000 rs for the 4 doors and the boot. Any pointers here? is wuerth really worth the money?
@Mutant: I agree with GT500, the local guy is asking for a quite a high price for the sheets. Ask him come down on the price and get them installed professionally. by the way which car are you thinking of Damping?
Old 12th October 2010, 12:46   #768
BHPian

Website- PRISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
1. I'm talking about the damping material only. I've not heard any of their subs/speakers nor I'm aware of their presence in ICE.

2. Yes, as far as damping material is concerend, its my personal observation. They are close to Dead - X, X-treme Dead (mils I dont remember) quality and money wise. Do they have a website?
Panky this is their website - prism

Quite a sorry one in fact.

Albeit I note that the popularity of their damping stuff, components and/or sub-woofers is continually rising in the south-east especially Bangkok. Will love to hear from others as well.
Old 25th October 2010, 12:34   #769
BHPian

Has anybody tried using Rockford Fosgate Damping material. I'm gettng a bulk pack of it and wanted to know how it would compare to the other tried and tested Damping materials. Really really need to Damp my K10 Before it starts to rattle or i start dropping pieces of car on the road.
Old 28th October 2010, 11:42   #770
BHPian

Hi lilMonSter, I remember seeing a Palio done up with RF some time back. Initially I thought it was not genuine as I had never heard of them (as in RF) producing RF. But then the guy showed me an unused portion of the Damping sheet. I thought it was absolutely on the other end of the spectrum when compared to a "heavy" product like Wurth since it was very light. I guess it then had a higher Butyl content (which of course I liked). Also I beleive its being light had no visible negative impact on the 'extent of damping'. In short it was a nice product. But from what I remember RF was fairly expensive since two doors and the boot costed the guy some 5000 odd.

Just a small question why "RF"?
Old 29th October 2010, 00:19   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samridh View Post
Hi lilMonSter, I remember seeing a Palio done up with RF some time back. Initially I thought it was not genuine as I had never heard of them (as in RF) producing RF. But then the guy showed me an unused portion of the Damping sheet. I thought it was absolutely on the other end of the spectrum when compared to a "heavy" product like Wurth since it was very light. I guess it then had a higher Butyl content (which of course I liked). Also I beleive its being light had no visible negative impact on the 'extent of damping'. In short it was a nice product. But from what I remember RF was fairly expensive since two doors and the boot costed the guy some 5000 odd.

Just a small question why "RF"?
Was getting a deal on it so thats why i wanted to know. who would you recommend to get my car damped from and what material to use.dont have any budget as such, just need a lot of dampening.. i dont my car to shake itself to pieces.
Old 29th October 2010, 15:28   #772
BHPian

I assume that you have already gotten a high fidelity installed. Congratulations. "A lot" is a very relative expression. If you think your installer has done a good job, I reccomend you go to him since the probability of being ripped is (generally) inversely proportional to the probability of re-occurence of the customer. Just ensure that a liberal use of rollers is made and there are no loose or hanging ends as they will allow the adhesive to dry without gelling. It will undoubtedly lead to scrapped ends and loose deadning. Best of luck.
Old 12th November 2010, 21:29   #773
BHPian

Guys, I have heard of Natural Rubber, Butyl Rubber and Neoprene Rubber as alternate materials for damping.

1. Which one of these would you consider best?

2. I once came around a shop selling "rubber sheets", the guy there didn't know what kind of rubber it was. Should I go ahead with it?

3. Will any kind of "rubber" act as a damping material?

By the way, the rear part of the IFB dishwasher in our kitchen has a rubber sheet stuck to it that covers it's metallic part, is this damping? And yes, it is super silent while at work!
Old 13th November 2010, 09:16   #774
Senior - BHPian

1. Butyl rubber. Natural rubber degrades very fast. Neoprene and natural rubber are too elastic to be really effective
2. No, don't. Since you are really detail oriented, it won't be VFM for you
3. Only rubber, which is very elastic, is not effective. Damping sheets are a mix of rubber and some amount of bitumen (tar, yaar!)

Yes, that is some form of damping so that the rear sheet, which is a large uninterrupted area, does not vibrate and make a droning noise.
Old 13th November 2010, 11:35   #775
BHPian

Could anyone recommend a place to get damping done in south mumbai?
And if possible, the cost of getting it done in a Verna?
Old 13th November 2010, 11:41   #776
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Ajay aka Bass&Trouble on the forum. Speak to him, he operates out of Tardeo.
Old 13th November 2010, 12:06   #777
BHPian

Alright, thanks Akshay. Youve gotten the Accord damped as well?
Old 15th November 2010, 21:56   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Do share the cost and material used when yours gets damped. Pics as well. My Verna will need damping very soon, you see!
Old 16th November 2010, 20:02   #779
BHPian

Sure, but at the moment i have fallen ill, so the damping is put on hold, rest assured, will share the details once done.
Old 17th November 2010, 17:14   #780
BHPian

What function does the aluminum sheet above the damping sheet perform?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks