Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 17:42   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Arre, apne bhai sahab Kingfisher ke aage koi plane mein baithe hi nahin hai. Local passenger hain. Only security, no customs. Please excuse his ignorance.

That was hilarious B&T. Ishan, have you got your passport made yet?
Old 17th September 2007, 17:50   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Hi Guys,
I got the rear hatch damped with dynamat xtreme. costed me 2300. Check out the pics....the sound has really improved and bass response is much much better. Rattling of the hatch door has stopped. Its worth the money I spent Thanks to shajufx for some advice he gave me

There was a bit of dynamat installed on the front doors too, but only around the speakers and behind the speakers on the door..but unfortunately I do not have any pics :(

Could not edit..sorry!

Can anyone tell me if dynamat xtreme is of the same quality as AD?I guess there was another unnamed damping sheet costing lesser...does it really make a difference or is it just a brand name thing?
Old 17th September 2007, 18:13   #393
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gopz, American Dynamics is supposed to be priced almost similar to Dynamat. Chip Foose (overhauling), Jay Leno etc claim to use dynamat on their cars. Dynamat Xtreme is rated as top of the line damping material compared to any other brand available in the world. So, its not only the brand but also difference in the quality (less weight), material used (butyle and aluminium coat), sound result (double the effect than other brands) etc. which are tested to be better on dynamat. Therefore, until we get a clear feedback from any other members with other products, we can not come to a conclusion. A clear comment can be made only after using different brands and rating them. That makes the rating harder. A suggestion from the dealer or shop or installer can never be trusted because they will talk best about what gives them good margin, easy availability (most shops dont stock without customer order) and time saving installation (most brands need heat gun). Other products in the market are: American Dynamics (US), Wuerth (Germany), Rockford, unbranded sheets, foams and mats. Price ratio varies from Rs.800/- to Rs. 2400/- per sheet.

Last edited by shajufx : 17th September 2007 at 18:16.
Old 17th September 2007, 18:51   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Ishan, have you got your passport made yet?
In process I think. Last I heard he had submitted it to some Mr. Mehndi he was saying.
Old 17th September 2007, 20:28   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
A friend of mine is in Minneapolis right now and is coming back during 1st week october and will be carrying it back. Hope there wont be any customs issue for it?
Forgot to mention in the previous post: Please make sure there is no issue at the airport carrying damping mats. Almost 90% of the public is not aware of this stuff, forget the awareness of officers at the airports. This mat contains Butyle and aluminium, therefore can cause the machines to beep and make a situation to open up whole baggage. So, its better to be prepared for that than being embarrassed at the situation ! Just a tip.
Old 18th September 2007, 12:12   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Forgot to mention in the previous post: Please make sure there is no issue at the airport carrying damping mats. Almost 90% of the public is not aware of this stuff, forget the awareness of officers at the airports. This mat contains Butyle and aluminium, therefore can cause the machines to beep and make a situation to open up whole baggage. So, its better to be prepared for that than being embarrassed at the situation ! Just a tip.
Thanks for the heads up. I will probably ask her to carry it in handbag
Old 18th September 2007, 13:44   #397
BHPian

Quote:
This mat contains Butyle and aluminium, therefore can cause the machines to beep and make a situation to open up whole baggage.
Hey thats a great tip, Shaju!
Old 28th September 2007, 16:07   #398
BHPian

guys i guess read this entire thread.. but what concerns me is HOW do we find and analyze the right spot to be damped.. i mean i dont wanna damp the whole boot of ma car for vibes which could have been suppressed by damping the right corners/spots/joints/etc....
i have an esteem and (T-pain feat Akon - BarTender) goes all bizakrkkekekekeke
when the extremely low bass comes out..
its like the whole boot is gonna vibe away
I have no subs/woofers/amps..
hydrashok gave me the idea of airconditioning foam..
would like to knw how to go abt using them...
Old 23rd October 2007, 23:38   #399
BHPian

I want to damp my car for long time now. Given that I have components in the front doors and a parcel tray having the 6x9. Beneath the parcel tray, I have a subwoofer in a sealed box. My car is Fiat adventure. Apart from the front doors, what else should I damp in my car.
Old 24th October 2007, 09:16   #400
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Gopz, American Dynamics is supposed to be priced almost similar to Dynamat.
AD is priced the same as regular dynamt and about the same. Dynamat extreme is priced higher and is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I will probably ask her to carry it in handbag
Dynamat in a lady's hand bag?
a) it is heavy
b) it is bulky.
why not stuff the sheets in one of the those duty free bags. this way it is open for anyone to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
I want to damp my car for long time now. Given that I have components in the front doors and a parcel tray having the 6x9. Beneath the parcel tray, I have a subwoofer in a sealed box. My car is Fiat adventure. Apart from the front doors, what else should I damp in my car.
in order of preference:
front doors, trunk, floor under carpet, fire wall, roof, rear doors, A-B-C pillars.
Old 24th October 2007, 11:55   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
in order of preference:
front doors, trunk, floor under carpet, fire wall, roof, rear doors, A-B-C pillars.
This is pretty much the whole car. Please help me prioritize. First of all, I am only assuming that I need to damp my car because there is no rattling coming from anywhere. Even then I would like to try damping material to see what difference it makes to my car. To begin with will the front door and boot suffice? No preference here, but I would like to know what is most essential?
Old 24th October 2007, 13:40   #402
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is pretty much the whole car. Please help me prioritize. ?
I did say "in order of preference".
Old 24th October 2007, 13:50   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is pretty much the whole car. Please help me prioritize. First of all, I am only assuming that I need to damp my car because there is no rattling coming from anywhere. Even then I would like to try damping material to see what difference it makes to my car. To begin with will the front door and boot suffice? No preference here, but I would like to know what is most essential?
No, not only rattling - which is obvious. Damping takes care of a lot of other "noises" such as humming, buzzing etc. produced by areas that resonate (door panels) or transmit noise from sources external to the cabin (engine, road; hence firewall and floor).

Your best bet would be the sequence given by Navin: front doors, trunk, floor under carpet, fire wall, roof, rear doors, A-B-C pillars.

You don't have to do it at one shot - do the front doors and trunk first and see if that suffices. If you are still getting disturbing noises, locate the source and damp that area.
Old 24th October 2007, 16:16   #404
BHPian

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get my car 'damped' in Pune?

Thanks in advance!
Old 24th October 2007, 21:35   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
No, not only rattling - which is obvious. Damping takes care of a lot of other "noises" such as humming, buzzing etc. produced by areas that resonate (door panels) or transmit noise from sources external to the cabin (engine, road; hence firewall and floor).
Thanks DerAlte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I did say "in order of preference".
My mistake. I thought you are saying I can do it in my order of preference. Now I know that's your order of preference though. Thanks so much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks