Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 14:33   #106
BANNED

Re: Where are the Android HU's?

Changed my Rapid's Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 in January 2016 with Chinese Hot Audio android based multimedia unit, costed me 26K with duty, blue tooth OBD adapter and USB dash camera. Happy with overall performance, far better than costly Blaupunkt, inbuilt map is superb and it doesn't require mobile internet, just feed from GPS is sufficient to run them.
Old 1st April 2016, 09:29   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Changed my Rapid's Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 in January 2016 with Chinese Hot Audio android based multimedia unit, costed me 26K with duty, blue tooth OBD adapter and USB dash camera. Happy with overall performance, far better than costly Blaupunkt, inbuilt map is superb and it doesn't require mobile internet, just feed from GPS is sufficient to run them.
That sounds good. Does it work with steering controls? Do you have a link to buy it? I'm having a horrible experience with my stock unit - I was close to upgrading to the 835, but during a demo I found it horribly slow and laggy.

Can you post some pics please?
Old 1st April 2016, 10:30   #108

Got the blaupunkt cape town 940. awesome experience. Works with steering controls, got the reverse parking camera feed working as well. Really good touch and got the google play store and google maps working on it. No need to look at the mobile anymore while driving.
Old 1st April 2016, 11:24   #109
BHPian

See this thread. A lot of people have already put in Android HUs. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...lo-gt-tsi.html
Old 8th November 2016, 17:49   #110
BHPian

I came across this Android AVN HU in snapdeal

https://www.snapdeal.com/product/lax...h:laxo%20orbis

http://laxoorbis.com/2015/08/indias-...wer-price-tag/

After some searching and talking to the original seller took the risk and bought the same and installed in my Chevy UVA. The same system was available in Aliexpress (without branding) for a lesser price but I went with the local supplier.

I needed this as I needed an AVN mainly for navigation and torque pro (MID display)
Pros :
1. Cheaper (less than 20k)
2. Size is double din and fits my car without any additional adaptor.
3. Meets my requirement to customize with android app (maps, OBD, car management)
4. Built-in amplifier is good (i am not an audiophile)and sound is load and without distortions .
5.Plethora of connectivity options (front dash cam, reverse view cam, AUX, bluetooth, USB, SD Card etc., steering control, CAN Bus)
6. GPS latching is quick

Cons:
1. The sellers said the Android version is 4.4 . When I checked using CPU-Z, the version was as 4.1 . When I sent an email for clarification , got a reply saying that the base version is 4.1 but important modules (e.g. Bluetooth etc) are loaded from 4.4 . So it is 4.1.
2. The steering remote control can be used only with the built-in music player. It does not identify third party music apps such as PowerAmp/Google music player.
3. The glass is not scratch proof and needs a screen guard.

The installation is plug and play and have been using the system for 6 months and faced no issues till now and happy with the performance even though the UI lag is present (mainly due to 1GB Ram). But for an android AVN , the lag is not a deal breaker.

Note : I am not connected to the seller and not promoting the product. I am sharing my experience with the system

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks