Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 16:46   #31
BHPian

Re: ICEing my VW Polo 1.6

interestingly, for a UK site, the steering of the polo is on the left, which makes me wonder

nice find though, please provide some model details and links
Old 20th March 2012, 18:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
nice find though, please provide some model details and links
Here you go mate:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

IMO, 1000 quid is a lotta money for a head-unit.

Last edited by speed kills : 20th March 2012 at 18:27.
Old 21st March 2012, 11:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Which Components & Coax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
@Epic, how is the ICE progressing? components arrived yet?
Hello everyone!

The quest for a good ICE setup in my Polo is a bigger task than I thought it would be. As you can see, the amp is finalized to the Mosconi 120.4 and the headunit is finalized on the Pioneer P80RSII. So the only thing left are the speakers. We have already discussed the speakers extensively and the only doubt surfacing is whether the speakers discussed i.e. Focal Polyglass V30, Focal KRX2 would fit in the Polo doors. Now, I have been getting mixed reviews on this and frankly none have been too sure about whether they would fit and what would be the modifications required incase they do fit. This is a change I am not willing to take so have decided to just scrap the discussion and look at other options.

The 02 options that I have come across are:

1. Rainbow Germaniums CS 265.25
2. Micro Precision 3.16

Would require your recommendations on the above and also suggestions on matching coaxials.
Old 21st March 2012, 12:47   #34
BHPian

Re: Which Components & Coax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
So the only thing left are the speakers.
Would require your recommendations on the above and also suggestions on matching coaxials.
Epic,
I'm using the Vibe QB 69 BlackDeath (Blackdeath Speakers | VIBE Audio) rear speakers.
If you're the kinda guy whose looking for bass, you're search ends here. These speakers are absolute monsters.

For the Components, I'm using the Vibe Blackair 6 (Blackair Speakers | VIBE Audio).

Last edited by speed kills : 21st March 2012 at 12:54.
Old 14th June 2012, 22:14   #35
BHPian

Re: What ICE & @ What Price

Could anyone please let me know a reasonable setup for my new polo? want something under 10k (including speakers - nothing fancy, should just have USB and ipod Aux in...

Noob question - does all this comes with bill and warranty?
Old 16th July 2012, 18:12   #36
BHPian

hey Epic, have you finalized your setup,went through your thread and I am not surprised your choices of speakers keep on fluctuating from one to the other which makes me ask you out of all the choices you have made soo far, how many have you listened to personally.

And also what is your criteria of choosing the speakers i.e. what are you looking from them in terms of sound, aplogies if I have missed the point anywhere where you have mentioned this in your thread.
Old 26th July 2012, 16:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
hey Epic, have you finalized your setup,went through your thread and I am not surprised your choices of speakers keep on fluctuating from one to the other which makes me ask you out of all the choices you have made soo far, how many have you listened to personally.

And also what is your criteria of choosing the speakers i.e. what are you looking from them in terms of sound, aplogies if I have missed the point anywhere where you have mentioned this in your thread.
Hi Invincible,

Yes I have finalized and also already purchased all the equipment that needs to go in the car. The final set up is as below:

Headunit : Pioneer DEH-P80RSII
Front Components : Gladen Zero 165
Rear Coaxials : Audio Systems CO 165 G Plus
4-ch Amp : Mosconi One 120.4
Power Cables : Kicker 09PKD1 Dual Amp Power Kit
RCAs : Gladen Zero Cinch 5
Speaker Wires : Gladen 16 AWG
Damping : Dynamat Extreme & Dynaliner

Yes, I am using a dual amp power kit but have only one amp and the reason for this is because I am not keen on installing a subwoofer in the car inorder to save boot space. So I am going to see how this set up sounds and if I am happy with the bass, if not, I will install a mono and a sub where I need not open the car up again for it.
Old 26th July 2012, 17:04   #38
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the details, the equipment list looks good, do you mind sharing their associated costs.

Which sub is on the radar if I may ask, a sub will surely add the fun element to the setup. If boot space is an issue, get a smaller sub like 8"/10" and you can remove it when you need to utilize the boot.

One more question, the wiring kit you have mentioned from kicker, I believe its a 0 AWG wiring kit, how much did you source it for and isn't it an overkill for your setup. 4 AWG would have been more than sufficient I believe.

Cheers.
Old 28th July 2012, 20:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7
Thanks for sharing the details, the equipment list looks good, do you mind sharing their associated costs.

Which sub is on the radar if I may ask, a sub will surely add the fun element to the setup. If boot space is an issue, get a smaller sub like 8"/10" and you can remove it when you need to utilize the boot.

One more question, the wiring kit you have mentioned from kicker, I believe its a 0 AWG wiring kit, how much did you source it for and isn't it an overkill for your setup. 4 AWG would have been more than sufficient I believe.

Cheers.
Cost of equipment are as follows:

Headunit : Pioneer DEH-P80RSII - 25k (this was bought a little more than a year back)
Fr Comps : Gladen Zero 165 - 28k
Rr Coaxials : Audio Systems CO 165 G Plus - 7k
4ch Amp : Mosconi One 120.4 - 33k
RCAs X 02 : Gladen Zero Cinch 5 - 2.4k
Speaker wires (15 AWG) : 2.5k for 25m
Dual Amp Kit : Kicker 09PKD1 - 18k

The above are MRPs.

Well initially, the sub in mind was the IDQ but now it would probably be one from the Rockford Fosgate stable. Either ways, as mentioned before, i am not keen on installing a sub so in the event i do install one, it would be purely out of compulsion.

Coming to the amp kit. I am using 0AWG so that i would never have to worry about upgrading my wiring incase i decide to upgrade my equipment in future.
Old 5th August 2012, 17:48   #40
BHPian

So When is the installation happening ?????

what Dash kit you are using ????
Old 8th August 2012, 11:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
So When is the installation happening ?????

what Dash kit you are using ????
Will start the install in September after the monsoons. Using the OE VW dash kit.
Old 20th August 2012, 13:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

P80RSII Replacement : Which 2DIN - Alpine IVA-W520R OR Pioneer AVH-P8490BT

Hello everyone!

I am in the process of installing a SQ setup in my Polo 1.6 and eventhough I have already confirmed all the equipment, I am looking at possibly upgrading my current P80RSII to a 2DIN which should be equally good or better than the P80RSII.

Now the two options I have come across are:

1. Alpine IVA-W520R
2. Pioneer AVH-P8490BT

Among the two, I am more inclined towards the Pioneer specifically because; it is a Pioneer and more user friendly and most importantly not very expensive at 30k. The Alpine on the other hand would still require the IMPRINT kit which would be an additional cost and I expect that to be almost 50k total.

My questions are:

1. Are the above two choices worthy to be compared to the P80RSII?
2. Will I get the same sound signature, if not better than that offered by the P80RSII?
3. If the above are a worthy option to the P80RSII, which one would be recommended?
4. Is there any other option?

Your help would really be appreciated.

Last edited by Epic : 20th August 2012 at 13:27.
Old 20th August 2012, 16:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Dual Amp Kit : Kicker 09PKD1 - 18k
This has now changed to a Single Amp Kit as I sm convinced that I will not be installing a sub. So the single amp kit will now be the Monster Cable MPC P400 BAP1500
Old 20th August 2012, 16:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Well if you really want to upgrade then Alpine makes sense. Alpine of course have a somewhat different sound signature compared to Pioneer. You really don't need IMPRINT Kit with the 502 unless you want to:
1. Active Capability (I doubt you have plans to go Active considering you are going for front and rear speakers only)
2. Time Alignment (Though a must have for fine tuning)
3. XO Slopes
4. 5/7 Band EQ

I would stick with Pioneer P80RSII for your setup until and unless you want a double din and USB support.
Old 20th August 2012, 16:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Well if you really want to upgrade then Alpine makes sense. Alpine of course have a somewhat different sound signature compared to Pioneer. You really don't need IMPRINT Kit with the 502 unless you want to:
1. Active Capability (I doubt you have plans to go Active considering you are going for front and rear speakers only)
2. Time Alignment (Though a must have for fine tuning)
3. XO Slopes
4. 5/7 Band EQ

I would stick with Pioneer P80RSII for your setup until and unless you want a double din and USB support.
Actually I am not sure if the Alpine would really be an 'upgrade' to the P80RSII. It would probably be a replacement. And since I am already familiar with TA, I wouldn't want to do without it. That said, I wouldn't want to pay almost 45k for just a replacement to my current headunit.

So I guess I may just end up sticking with my current headunit at the moment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks