Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 01:31   #76
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Mahindra XUV 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand Govind View Post
While I'm thrilled to bits with the set up, I seem to have lost the full functionality of the parking assist and the bluetooth. The parking assist beeps can be heard only in the tweeters...really low volume with the music on you cant hear the beep. And when I connect the phone via bluetooth to the system, I can hear the other persons voice only on the tweeters again. Im sure it will be a similar problem with the GPS too.

Could I request those who have done after market mods to kindly advise how they have sorted this problem?. Was another speaker fitted elsewhere or something?

Thanks.
I have changed the original speakers to Dreamline but didn’t face this problem. The Bluetooth and reverse beep functions are as before. I am not able to relate this with changing speakers. Could you ask the installer to verify the wiring again, especially the network connections and polarity of each. In fact as far as the speakers on doors outputting full range, you should be getting the beep and Bluetooth sound properly.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 23rd September 2012 at 01:37.
Old 20th October 2012, 13:59   #77
BHPian

Hey Guys!!! Wanting to buy Focal speaker system for my upcoming W6. I have seen a ad here in TBHP who is selling brand new Focal Speakers from a member named Bass&Trouble (Jay Kamath). it does look like a great deal.

1. Focal Polyglass Series 6.5" Component Speaker KIT 165VB - MRP Rs. 17000/-
2. Focal Performance Series 6.5" Coaxial Speaker KIT PC165 - MRP Rs. 11000/-
3. Damping (noise kill) 20 square feet - MRP Rs. 3000/-
Total price of the above package - Rs. 18600/-

What do you suggest? should I go for it?
Old 1st November 2012, 13:10   #78
BHPian

Hey Anand, I had the same problem of loss of bluetooth and reverse assist volumes in my XUV. The solution is pretty simple, have a wire connecting from the new front speakers to the old wiring harness for the stock speakers and you will have your bluetooth back. The audio signal for the bluetooth and reverse sensors only are in the front doors.

My setup is a little differnt as I have installed a HiLo and have run a wire from each of the front speaker wiring harness to the Hilo to which even the front speakers are connected.

My Current setup is:
Front : Focal Polyglass 165V30
Rear : JBL GTO509C
Amp for comps: Focal FPP4100
Amp for sub: Pioneer GM D7500M
Damping: Wurth and Dynamat extreme in combo
Sub: Pioneer TS-W1208D2 (Temporary) in a sannen Box
Hilo : Connection by Elettromedia

Future plans: Audison Bit Ten and new sub woofers as soon as someone can figure out a way to fit them in the XUV without losing any seating

P.S. I am still trying to get rid of the hissing sound at low volumes (Any help here will be appreciated)

Quote:
hi folks - so I finally got my XUV last Friday and it's been absolutely exhilarating driving it!

Further to my prior post, I made the following additions/modifications

- Front - Hertz - Energy Series Components - ESK 165
- Rear - Focal - Coaxial - Access Series
- Sub Woofer - Polk Audio - 12" - db Series + enclosure + grille
- Amp 1 - to run speakers - Hertz HE 4
- Amp 2 - to run sub - Cerwin Vega - HED Series - 500.1
- RCA - Monster cables
- Power - Ghost cables
- Hi Lo Convertor - Stinger
- Damping for speakers
- Reverse Camera

The set up installation was complete only last night at 2am!! and so I haven't had the time to open the volume and tune up the amps to perfection...but I plan to do so later today.

The effect so far, is simply put...disturbing the neighbours!! I love it!!

I had originally wanted to buy the Focal Polyglass components, but the thing has not been available in Bangalore for the last 10 days. Infact, I went looking for it and ended up in Car Shringar on JC Road. I had spoken with someone named Akshay (Mission Road outlet) at Car Shringar and he asked to come over as he had stock of the same, I have very surprised he had stock!. I went to JC Road outlet and they said they will bring it from the Mission Road outlet. I waited 30 minutes and they bring me...the Integra Series..not the Polyglass!!..was so irritated that I wasted my tine, the guy also tried to sell me the Solid 4 amp, but I said I didn't want it..the guy said that the Polyglass series is being discontinued and hence no stock anywhere in Bangalore...I hadn't heard the Integra series so was unsure about its performance

I have also left the original tweeters in the dashboard since there are very small and there is no space to fit any other tweeter.

While I'm thrilled to bits with the set up, I seem to have lost the full functionality of the parking assist and the bluetooth. The parking assist beeps can be heard only in the tweeters...really low volume with the music on you cant hear the beep. And when I connect the phone via bluetooth to the system, I can hear the other persons voice only on the tweeters again. Im sure it will be a similar problem with the GPS too.

Could I request those who have done after market mods to kindly advise how they have sorted this problem?. Was another speaker fitted elsewhere or something?

Thanks.
Old 7th November 2012, 15:35   #79

@HCP @Kartman- thank you - I guess the polarity of one of the wires was mixed up. The phone and park assist are crystal clear now.

@Kartman - the audison bit 10 will be sweet. Not sure you how you'll be able to fit in a sub without losing any seating place. An option I considered was a the Rockford Fosgate P3S-1X10. Give it a listen and see if the dimensions are to your liking. My set up didn't have a hissing noise once I powered it up, so not sure how much I can help there...

A new issue that seem to have surfaced is the BZZZPT... BZZTP..BTT.. BZZZZZZZZPTT... the blood curdling noise of the cell phone interfering with the speakers. I feel like picking up my phone and throwing it out...but alas!!. The amps that have been installed are the true cause of the interference being 'amplified'. The stock set up is too weak to make this signal so evident.

I've even though of wrapping up my mobile in tin foils to that it reduced its communication with the signal tower! Oh and Im using the Galaxy S2 with the Andrioid 4.03 (ICS)

So any of you folks have a similar problem? Any insight would be great. There must be some way to shield the signal I assume?
Old 10th November 2012, 19:59   #80
BHPian

Quote:
@HCP @Kartman- thank you - I guess the polarity of one of the wires was mixed up. The phone and park assist are crystal clear now.

A new issue that seem to have surfaced is the BZZZPT... BZZTP..BTT.. BZZZZZZZZPTT... the blood curdling noise of the cell phone interfering with the speakers.

So any of you folks have a similar problem? Any insight would be great. There must be some way to shield the signal I assume?
Glad it helped you.

About the signal interference, I have never heard any in my car. We use Galaxy S3, BB 9387 and SE X10i inside the car and all are paired with XUV over Bluetooth.

So I assume this issue is due to a new addition in your audio setup or improper grounding of any of the units. I can think of following possible solutions in my limited knowledge:
1. Where is the Amps placed? Is the signal wiring routed through below the center console? If yes, you can ask the Installer to change this signal path through the running board at either sides. This will make sure that the phone is not placed too close to the signal cables.
2. Change all signal cables (Yes they may be from reputed brands, but there is nothing stopping you to get a defective peace).
3. Improper grounding: Try connecting a wire directly from Amps mounting screw to the front seat mounting bolt to see situation improves.
4. Replace existing RCA cables with RCA cables embedded with Ferrite beadings at both ends. You can also buy ferrite cores separately and attach it to existing RCA signal wires at both ends.
Hope it helps.

Thanks
HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 10th November 2012 at 20:07.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 03:43   #81
BHPian

In my XUV recently while changing the HU for a problem with USB, I noticed two RCA wires on the newly replaced unit and the technician mentioned it is pre out. If there are pre-out, I wonder why everyone fixing hi to low converter on speaker lines and connecting amp to it.

I wish to connect a subwoofer with built in amp to this pre-outs if possible. Any idea will it work? Anyone tried the original pre-out on XUV HU?

Thanks
HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 30th November 2012 at 03:45.
Old 30th November 2012, 14:43   #82
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure they are RCA sockets on wires? To double-check, you should have seen the diagram on the HU top - it will mention the same.

If so, yes you can use it to feed an *external amp* to connect to sub. The Pre-out carries a low-power voltage signal (usually either +/-2V or +/-4V p-p) - it cannot drive a Sub. The internal amp is connected to the Speaker Outs (FR + FL, RR + RL), not the Pre-out - which comes from a pre-amplifier.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 16:17   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Are you sure they are RCA sockets on wires? To double-check, you should have seen the diagram on the HU top - it will mention the same.

If so, yes you can use it to feed an *external amp* to connect to sub. The Pre-out carries a low-power voltage signal (usually either +/-2V or +/-4V p-p) - it cannot drive a Sub. The internal amp is connected to the Speaker Outs (FR + FL, RR + RL), not the Pre-out - which comes from a pre-amplifier.
Yes. They are RCA pre out. I have called up Nippon Service center and confirmed again. They said you can use it to connect an Amp to power more high output components or an active subwoofer with built in amp.

I am thinking of an active sub from infinity called Baselink. Any reviews on the same would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 30th November 2012 at 16:18.
Old 30th November 2012, 16:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
... active sub from infinity called Baselink. ...
Fantastic - that is a good feature in the OE HU.

1. Infinity Basslink is good, but don't expect it to product bass that you can show-off. It is good as long as you drive with windows up!

2. Did you want to just add the sub, without amplifying the other channels at all? That may not be a good idea - it will be extremely difficult to balance the sound while tuning. You will get an unnaturally bass-heavy sound if you just add sub

It is better that you buy a 4 channel amp and a separate sub. Connect both the RCA out to the amp, connect the Front output to the Front speakers (you will need to use a different wire to connect), and bridge the rear channels to drive the sub. Rear channels can stay on the HU.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 17:09   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Fantastic - that is a good feature in the OE HU.

1. Infinity Basslink is good, but don't expect it to product bass that you can show-off. It is good as long as you drive with windows up!

2. Did you want to just add the sub, without amplifying the other channels at all? That may not be a good idea - it will be extremely difficult to balance the sound while tuning. You will get an unnaturally bass-heavy sound if you just add sub

It is better that you buy a 4 channel amp and a separate sub. Connect both the RCA out to the amp, connect the Front output to the Front speakers (you will need to use a different wire to connect), and bridge the rear channels to drive the sub. Rear channels can stay on the HU.
Thanks for the Baselink feedback. I am ok with room filling punchy base. Really don't want it to hear miles away.

Currently I have Dreamline 6.2 components at front and HAT 6.2 compos at rear. They are pretty load and to my taste with OEM HU power. So thought will add an active sub now, if found base over powered, will add a 4 channel amp to power all compos later. The main reason for selecting active sub is space constraint. Really don't want to remove it every time go for a long trip. What do you think?

thanks
HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 30th November 2012 at 17:14.
Old 28th January 2013, 01:07   #86

Hey guys.. been reading the earlier posts and i have to confess that feeling kind of an illiterate here. Though i have fiddled around with the sound of my previous cars, all i know about car audio is an amp, speakers, hu and a woofer.
Now in my xuv, i want to keep the stock hu. Want better sound. Dont want to install a woofer/base tube.. can go in for an amp if necessary. Guys please help me out and also explain if you use any technical terms. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post

I have gone with Amp + Comps at both ends route in the end. I went for Focal Solid 4 + 4 Focal Polyglass 165 VB Components + 2 Rockford Fosgate HILOs + Scosche Wiring Kit + Focal Damping in all 4 doors. Total hole in pocket was 40K.
The end result is not as good as I had expected but my dealer has asked me to visit his place again on this weekend. I will post the FINAL opinion only after the weekend experience. Fingers Crossed !!!
Hey digitalsoul,
Could you please give a breakup of the cost of each item?

Last edited by DerAlte : 28th January 2013 at 10:37.
Old 28th January 2013, 14:05   #87
BHPian

I was looking out for an installer who could statisfy my freakishly weird sound needs and I finally found one.Visited Sound Factor on Mira Road and finally got my complete system revamped and setup. The new system has a few new components. Following is the list and prices of equipments:

1) Sinfoni Completeo L165W components for the front with custom mounting rings (Rs. 36,500)
2) Focal Polyglass 165V30 for the rear (Rs. 17,000)
3) 2 nos 10inch illusion audio c10 shallow subs in a custom 1.2 cu. ft box that allows me to have all the seats up . no loss of seating at all(Rs. 35,000 per sub + Rs 8,000 for custom box)
3) Focal FPP4100 Amp in an active setup fro the front comps (Rs. 21,000)
4) Pioneer GM 6500F for the rear comps(Rs. 5,400)
5) Pioneer GM D7500M for the subwoofers (approx Rs. 8,000)
6) Rezomat dampling for all four doors and the boot. total 55 Sq. Mt. (Rs. 12,000)
and last but not the least
7) Mosconi DPS 6to8 (Gladen Audio Europe) along with bluetooth module for android phone control.(Rs. 37,500 for the DSP and Rs. 5,000 for the bluetooth module)

Total Setup cost (excluding wiring and labor) - Rs. 2,20,400

It has been a long 9 months to set all this up but finally have a system that output clear crisp sound. the tuning has been done but waiting for the speakers and subs to burn in properly before I finalise the tuning.

I will post a few pictures shortly.
Kartman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 08:56   #88
BHPian

Quote:

Currently I have Dreamline 6.2 components at front and HAT 6.2 compos at rear. They are pretty load and to my taste with OEM HU power. So thought will add an active sub now, if found base over powered, will add a 4 channel amp to power all compos later. The main reason for selecting active sub is space constraint. Really don't want to remove it every time go for a long trip. What do you think?

thanks
HCP
HCP... any way to audition your setup? I'm in the same boat would like to hear your setup before I take a call. Like many others, I at least want to change those miserable speakers. What was your budget and where did you do the installation. Let me know where you are located in Bangalore and if it is possible to meet. TIA.
Old 9th August 2013, 09:46   #89
BHPian

Quote:
I would like to upgrade the speakers to Rainbow DL c6.2 for all doors without any Amp. Will that improve the sound performance? Can the HU drive the C6.2s well? I m not too bother at SPL, need a rich and neutral sound.

Another query is, will it affect my vehicle warranty if I replace the speakers without tampering the wiring?
-HCP
Where did you buy these speakers and how for how much? I've booked an XUV... and was thinking of changing the speakers as well.. and maybe add an amp. The showroom has given me a hillarious quote of 27 K for JBL speakers (comps in front and coaxial at the back) and a 4 chnl JBL amp. There's also some converter that they say cost 4.5 K... and then some wiring kit for 3.5 K... daylight robbery. The same amp cost 30 % less outside. I was thinking of buying the components from outside and then getting them to fit it in the showroom.
Old 27th August 2013, 12:26   #90
BHPian

I got mine done yesterday at Motor Concept

front Rainbow DL C6.2 comp 14k
rear Rainbow DL X6 coax 9.5k
Amp DD 4 channel powering all 4 speakers : 12k
Damping all 4 doors : Dampmat : 7k
Audison convertor: 4k

Total cost with wiring and installation 51k
The sound is clean and warm

need suggestions for HQ sub + amp for tight punch and clear integration..any views
would possibly a processor (audison 10 bit maybe?), the HU is a sucker and thought it would really stretch my budget, it would elevate the overall dynamics ..aint it?

Last edited by Pankaj_Ahlawat : 27th August 2013 at 12:31. Reason: diction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks