Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2013, 08:50   #16
BHPian

Re: Where to buy tablet mounts for car in Bangalore?

Was thinking of posting a thread asking whether anyone has got any sturdy, reliable mobile holders or any other solutions to the problem of using mobile as a makeshift GPS. Thanks to this thread I'll add my query here.

I am a little wary of the life span of such mounts.

Most typical pattern of such fixtures is - press fit with a release button. The spring mechanism used for this invariably gets broken with a few months of usage.

In last 2 years I had to change my mobile holder thrice. They were brought from various sources (different city shops and internet) and for different prices ranging from Rs 300 to Rs 800. In one of the cases the mobile even fell off when driving on a bumpy road, with the holder coming off the squivel joint.

There are other "anti-slip" types where the mobile just sticks to them. I don't know how well they work, though prima facie I am afraid of sticking the mobile to such fixtures.

Mods, wonder whether this thread should merge with "mobile phones" thread.
Old 8th September 2013, 09:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Was thinking of posting a thread asking whether anyone has got any sturdy, reliable mobile holders or any other solutions to the problem of using mobile as a makeshift GPS. Thanks to this thread I'll add my query here.

Mods, wonder whether this thread should merge with "mobile phones" thread.
I use a FECA one bought from Phoenix Market city mall, Whitefield. I have used it well on my Gypsy and it has stayed out despite my antics. The video recordings have come out well so GPS usage etc. is a no brainier.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY – 7” Tablet PC Mount-image4146437023.jpg  

DIY – 7” Tablet PC Mount-image1409981844.jpg  

mustysekhon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks