Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:26   #616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirban001 View Post
Registration will be completed tomorrow.

Am I being unreasonable while delaying the balance payment on delivery day. I want to hold on to the 50k so that they are careful with handling and preparing the vehicle till Sunday.

Please advise.

The entire price of the car has to be paid before registration. Do a PDI before the registration process and make the final payment.

If the accounts team is not working on a Sunday, you will not get a gate pass.

Use your goodwill with the sales guy, give him a small gift and he will ensure that your car is parked in a nice place until Sunday. Get them to park in the basement if there is one.

Congratulations and all the very best. Safe driving.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 17:18   #617

Re: ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List

Hello Senior BHP-ians. Has anyone ever demanded to see form 22 and Internal PDI certificate? My car shopping woes don't seem to end. Having paid entire amount, this should not be a problem. Yet, my dealer unwilling to share copies of those. The dealer is Shaw Toyota, Pune.
Old 24th February 2019, 00:35   #618
BHPian

Dear all, is there any updated version of the PDI checklist PDF present in page 1? I couldn't figure out a way to find it quickly. I have booked for New Ertiga and delivery is expected coming week.
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 19:37   #619
RAC
BHPian

Hi
Is there a similar reference table for Jeep. Checking out the car tomorrow at the dealer before registration and wanted to double-check on the manf. period
Old 24th September 2019, 17:08   #620
BHPian

Hi, I will be booking my Honda City VMT on the 29th of this month. The loan formalities should take 2 days so in essentia, I am looking at having the car delivered in the next 10 days. I have a specific question on the VIN. What is the acceptable month & year of mfg that I can pick up the vehicle at. Perhaps the qn may not be clear. If I book the car on 29th Sep, should I reject any car which is beyond 3months since manufacture i.e 29th June 2019?
Old 15th October 2019, 18:02   #621
BHPian

Dealer is saying that form 22 copy is only available after 1 week of clearing of all payments in case I an going for bank loan. Please confirm if this statement is correct or is the dealer representatives not being truthful.
Old 4th December 2019, 12:53   #622
BHPian

Should 1 more item regarding the modalities of FASTag activation be included in the checklist, as now all vehicles are coming with dealer provided FASTag?
Old 17th December 2019, 02:00   #623
Senior - BHPian

A recent experience shared by a Reddit user highlights the importance of doing PDI :

Quote:
The folks at Popular Hyundai in Ernakulam tried to give us a display model when we had made it clear from the get go that we will not accept a display or test drive model of the car. When we went to sign some documents, we asked for a PDI. Initially they said it's in the yard. But after 5 mins the exec came back and said it's the display car. After a bit of arguing and waiting, we left the showroom and then the exec who sold us the car called and said they have allocated a different car. Lets see how that goes :|
Source : Reddit - Kerala
Old 4th January 2020, 12:50   #624
BHPian

Guys,

I have added the checklists in an app called checklist. the android app is here.
Checklist App for Android

The iPhone app is here, although I have not tested the app or downloading as I don't have any apple device.
Checklist App for iPhone

once you download and install this app app. you can import the 4 checklists that I have created

01] Car PDI - Visual & Tactile Inspection (at Stock Yard)

02] Car PDI - Car Features Operation & Engine Inspection

03] PDI - Driving Test

04] Car PDI * After the Drive Inspection

I hope this will be handy rather than carrying papers/ pdf.

Of course ... this uses the original lists as published in this thread so thank you for that wonderful work.
please suggest any improvements that we can add.
sanjubaba is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 15:28   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
you can import the 4 checklists that I have created
Downloaded the app, how do I import your created checklists? Clicking on the URL redirects to their homepage
iamitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 10:26   #626

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
Guys,

I have added the checklists in an app called checklist. the android app is here.
Checklist App for Android

The iPhone app is here, although I have not tested the app or downloading as I don't have any apple device.
Checklist App for iPhone

once you download and install this app app. you can import the 4 checklists that I have created

01] Car PDI - Visual & Tactile Inspection (at Stock Yard)

02] Car PDI - Car Features Operation & Engine Inspection

03] PDI - Driving Test

04] Car PDI * After the Drive Inspection

I hope this will be handy rather than carrying papers/ pdf.

Of course ... this uses the original lists as published in this thread so thank you for that wonderful work.
please suggest any improvements that we can add.
The link is not redirecting to the Checklist app. Can you explain how it works?

Thanks
josesiju96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 21:46   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinaush View Post
Booked a Swift Vdi at Popular Automobiles, Annanagar, Chennai, and the delivery was scheduled today at 5pm. The sales person calls at 3pm and says the car met with an accident and has a dent near the fuel lid?

Detailed version:
Went to book a Swift at Popular Automobiles 2 weeks ago.
Asked the sales person for the earliest delivery date possible. He said there is a Vdi which he can deliver immediately as the Finance got rejected for the person to whom that car was allotted previously. We got the finance and made the down payment. We asked them to show the vehicle or atleast give the engine and chassis number. They said they will give all details once the entire payment process is over. Out of exitement as the delivery date neared we forgot the engine and chassis number details.

Called the sales guy this morning and he said that the car has gone to the RTO for regn. Went and paid the accesories amount of Rs43,000, at 2pm, the the sales guy said that the car has gone to the yard for a wash as it was a rainy day. I asked them to deliver the car during day light as I wanted to do a PDI. He said he will deliver by 5 or Ican take it at 10am tomorrow. I said I want it before 5pm. 45 mins after leaving the showroom got a call from the Sales guy telling that some 2wheeler guy hit the car and ran away. Went to the showroom immediately. They said that they will tinker and repaint and deliver by 10am tomorrow.

The car is now registered in my name, But it is not yet delivered to me. I haven't even seen it. Full payment made. Damaged is quite severe near the fuel lid and bumper(as per mobile clicks shown by the showroom guys)

What should I do now? The situation is quite critical. Is this any kind of scam? Guide me folks, This is my 1st car. Hard earned and saved money, 7.10 lakhs.

Hi,

I was going through the thread and came across your post. I couldn't help asking you as to how you managed to work around this sticky situation.

Will appreciate if you can please recall how the events unfolded.

Thanks.
Old 8th October 2020, 12:31   #628
BHPian

I will be doing a Pre-registration inspection tomorrow. I was wondering if there is a way to identify if the car is a display car.

I made a mistake of not mentioning it as one of my conditions when I was booking the car (although I have been given in writing that the car won’t be older than 2 months).

I also won’t be taking anyone along with me due to the current situation. So if there are any tips for doing this inspection alone please do share
Old 8th October 2020, 12:48   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinshark View Post
I also won’t be taking anyone along with me due to the current situation. So if there are any tips for doing this inspection alone please do share
There is no certain way to identify whether the car is a Display car or not. However, if the car is manufactured under 2 months, it is most likely that it's not since manufacturers/dealers mostly update dealer cars when a new model comes out. You could also check out the tyres for any sign of wear and tear. If you could get the VIN and post it here (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)), it can be easily decoded.
akash_v12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 13:18   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
There is no certain way to identify whether the car is a Display car or not. However, if the car is manufactured under 2 months, it is most likely that it's not
Thanks akash_v12, I thought as much. Glad I could get it confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
If you could get the VIN and post it here (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)), it can be easily decoded.
I have registered on that site and will be asking the dealership for the VIN number before I go.

When I asked for Form 22, the dealership told me that the hard copy is with RTO and they can arrange for the soft copy. I'm not familiar with the process here but why would the Form 22 be with RTO if it is not yet sent for registration? Should I be suspicious of some foul play here?

Update:
I called up the showroom and now they say the form is with their RTO 'team'. I'm still not sure if there are any red flags here.

Last edited by tinshark : 8th October 2020 at 13:38. Reason: added clarification from showroom

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks