Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2011, 15:59   #106
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
I have decided to buy a VISTA AURA ABS from TAFE ACCESS, Coimbatore, TN. But yesterday when i went to book the car the SA tells me only after the full amount is paid the car will be allotted to me. Is this the right procedure?
Nope, not for a quick selling car like the Vista. The norm is to pay the full amount before the registration (and thus, before you are the legal owner of the car).

Tell the dealer you'll make a full payment only after approving a car in their stockyard / dealership. Take the Team-BHP PDI checklist with you & make a note of the engine / chassis number of the example you approve.
Old 25th May 2011, 16:30   #107
BHPian

hi everyone,
would really appreciate advice/help.planning to move back to india in 3-4 months and need a new car.wifey is hell-bent on having a new car only.have zeroed it down to fortuner.I have gone through the initial advice by gto.The query i have is that i am moving to dehradun and i dont think there is a toyota dealership there.How feasible is it to buy it in delhi and to use it in Uttrakhand.specifically any trouble with the coppers/rto.
Do i need to book in advance so that the delivery is nearer to the time of our arrival.I would also appreciate any comments.
Ta
Old 25th May 2011, 21:11   #108
BHPian

sorry theres a dealership in dehradun,but not sure about its history.
Old 4th June 2011, 18:56   #109
BHPian

Would anyone be able to help me with registration and one time road tax costs for an MH-46 registration (Panvel) for a Jetta. I have opted for a self registration and would want to know how to calculate the costs.
Old 19th June 2011, 15:02   #110

I am planning to buy an used (for less than a year) Hyundai i10 for which the price is agreed with the seller as 5 lacs. The car is under hypothecation for an amount of 4.5 lacs. Now seller wants to foreclose this loan with the money that I give and is unwilling to part with his money to foreclose.

Is this procedure of giving him the entire amount without NOC document from financer acceptable ? He is willing to give me the car and other documents like RC book, insurance , RTO forms etc once I hand over the money in full; but the NOC document from the finance company will be given only after a week after the formalities are completed.

The seller is a stranger to me, so I cannot vouch for him. Do you think it is safe for me to hand over the 5 lacs to him , take delivery of the car and just "hope" that he will be true to his word and revert with the NOC from the financer within a week or do I stick to the stand of paying him after he gives me the NOC ? The car is in impeccable condition and I just don't want to break the deal after looking around so much.
Old 20th June 2011, 07:33   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Would anyone be able to help me with registration and one time road tax costs for an MH-46 registration (Panvel) for a Jetta. I have opted for a self registration and would want to know how to calculate the costs.
Guys - this is how it works out for Maharashtra

One time road tax:
- Calculated on the invoice value dealer sells you the car for (Ex-showroom + VAT).
- 7% of invoice value for cars below Rs 10 lakhs
- 8% of invoice value for cars between Rs 10 lakhs - Rs 20 Lakhs
- 9% of invoice value for cars above Rs 20 lakhs

- Rs 200 if manufactured in India (non-transport)
- Rs 800 if imported

Octroi:
As applicable if your registered address comes under jurisdiction of Mumbai, Thane, Kalyan & Dombivali, Nashik, Pune.
Old 21st June 2011, 15:38   #112

Hi All

Please pardon the weirdness of my question.
I need some advise regarding the purchase of a new car.
I plan to make an outright purchase without any loan component.
Just wanted to know if I can make the purchase using my credit card?
Do Indian dealers allow that?
And how about splitting the cost of the car over multiple credit cards?
Old 22nd June 2011, 19:22   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxx View Post
Hi All

Please pardon the weirdness of my question.
I need some advise regarding the purchase of a new car.
I plan to make an outright purchase without any loan component.
Just wanted to know if I can make the purchase using my credit card?
Do Indian dealers allow that?
And how about splitting the cost of the car over multiple credit cards?
I wanted to pay Rs 6500 to Global Gallerie (VW dealer) towards extended warranty> I was told that I would have to pay 2% extra!

However, I had managed to pay Rs 50,000 as a booking amount to Millennium Toyota without any hassle. In fact, they returned me the full amount by cheque when I cancelled the booking.
aghosht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 14:15   #114
BHPian

[Mods. Please move this to appropriate thread if this is in the wrong place. Sorry about this.]
I am looking at a Ford Ikon for my son. The car is 2005 model and has run 38000 km and owned by a single owner. I have negotiated to 2L + the commission of 2 % for this car. The car seems spotless and the TD went well.
Is it worth ?

I would be thankful for any insight on this deal.
Old 6th August 2011, 19:51   #115
BHPian

Hello BHpians,

After going through many days of research in team Bhp and other forums i have decided about two cars in my mind. the cars which i selected was Linea Emotion pack and Verna Fluidic. it was hard to choose between these two. at last after consulting with family members i decided to book for Fiat Linea emotion Pack. I have booked the car few days back. I was informed that the car is in transit and it will arrive the dealer very soon, the dealer informed me a few days back that the car arrived. I asked the representative to email me the form 22 but the rep never did it. This incident made me think something wrong. i have read from team bhp that Fiat is the master in selling new cars manufactured very early. So i went to visit the dealer today and asked the Form 22. the first thing he said was Form 22 is not ready, ha thats a surprise i said to him. for all vehicles for 22 comes with the vehicle i said to him. He then went inside and told me its there. He told that its only needed for registration. i told him to give me a copy. then the rep went inside and came with a copy. then we went to see the vehicle in the yard. the vehicle is ok, no issue in the vehicle.

But the problem i found is the manufacturing date. After decoding the chassis number i found that the car was manufactured in MARCH 2011.

Friends please help with your valuable advice regarding purchasing this car.
the car is nearly 5 Month's old. Please give me your valuable advice. I need to take a decision by monday afternoon. pls help...
Old 9th August 2011, 12:35   #116

Need help with buying ANHC in Kolkata

My father is purchasing a VMT+Exclusive ANHC from Pinnacle Honda in Kolkata. He was allotted a car manufactured in March 2011 and delivery is scheduled for this week (11-12 August). The particular car came with Goodyear tires.

I have two questions:

1) Should I feel uncomfortable taking delivery of a 4+ month old car? What should be some of the special checks during the PDI that I need to ask my father to do?

2) I have read very negative views about the Goodyear tire that Honda puts on the ANHC (they are GPS2 tires), and also that most dealers around India are able to provide the Michelin if the customer requests for it. Pinnacle Honda is helt-bent upon the fact that they CANNOT do this and switching tires/wheels with another car will amount to warranty issues, as the tires numbers are mentioned in the PDI book, against which all warranty situations are checked. How much accuracy is there to this stand of theirs? Is it just a matter of Kolkata-ish "this will not be possible" stand being taken or is it that warranty does get into trouble?

Thanks much!
Soumit
Old 9th August 2011, 17:54   #117

@Prowler, you did not mention if it's the 1.6 or 1.3 you're looking to buy. My 2 cents: My father recently sold 2005 model 1.6ZXi that had 55K on the odo, company maintained single owner quality, at 1.5L. This might give you some pointers on whether you are negotiating hard enough. FWIW, Ikon 1.6ZXi did not do well in the second hand market owing to expensive spare parts and maintenance costs, but is a wonder of a car, solid build quality, loads of power, good fitment levels (which car company gives you front and back-seat reading lights nowadays!!) Keep in mind that CNG conversion has not typically worked well for Ikons.

Best regards.
Old 12th October 2011, 10:47   #118
BHPian

registration of a new vehicle at the correct RTO

Guys, I have a query regarding registration of a new vehicle at the correct RTO (depending on jurisdiction).
In my case, I have taken delivery of an enfield TBTS from Teknik Motors, Sarjapur.

Registration process has been initiated last week and I received the road tax receipt etc, just waiting for my number and RC book smart card. I was confirming with them that the registration should be done under KA-01 (because my place of residence falls under KA-01)
The lady at the dealer said that it does not matter where my bike is registered and said it may be KA-03 or KA-01 (its been registered already but they'll inform me the number today). (btw, the road tax was paid in KA-03).

I have read in the motor vehicle act that a vehicle should only be registered under the correct RTO based on jurisdiction on owners place of residence.

How do I deal with this? If I get a KA-03 registration, would I need to inform KA-01 RTO about it and get an NOC from KA-03?
Old 16th October 2011, 18:36   #119
BHPian

This is the quote i got from Chowgule, Pune (Satara Road) for the Maruti Swift ZDi version:

Invoice amount: 644492
Insurance: 19173
7% RTO tax: 45114
Admin & service charge: 4050
Ex.wa: 3620

Total: 716450

My queries are:

1) Is the insurance amount ok as i did a check on the Tata-AIG site for a quote putting in all the details & it showed as 17k. So it's more or less almost the same, so can I go ahead with the dealer?

2) Is the RTO tax accurate & what do they mean by "Admin & service charge"?

3) Finally i have as of now booked a VDi but with all the debate over the quality of the brakes plan to upgrade to the ZDi. The car delivery is expected in late November (yes, with the strike "it's now like God knows when"). Since no car is allotted to me as of now, if i change the version does my booking slot get reset ed, as in do i end up at the end of the line, so more months of waiting or since i haven't been allotted i can still make the change & get the car around the same time?

Thanks in advance
Old 16th October 2011, 21:13   #120
Senior - BHPian

Avinash,
You may not end up as the last by upgrading your option to ZDI. The price will be sure reset. Regarding the additional charges may differ to dealer to dealer and insurance to insurance and state to state too. If you go with the insurance with your dealer let you be confirm whether it is cashless or not. If it is cash less no harm in paying some extra bugs.
navan49 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks