Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2020, 13:34   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
If only it were so easy.
I'm in the process of moving into it, being diwali and all, and there's no gas connection yet.
Electricity is par of the maintenance bill, so its in society's name. I have checked all options, and I literally have only one address proof for Noida, which is the allotment letter for the flat.
Use that and get an additional sim card or landline, best from BSNL. The connection / allotment letter that you get in the new address "sort of" makes it a government issued address proof.
Old 15th February 2021, 23:08   #317

Hello everyone!

I am looking for help in dealing with a situation here. :/

Booked - Tata Tiago XZ (Silver color) on 27th Jan, 2021, on verbal waiting period of 10-15 days. Sales-guy justified this waiting period because 'Silver' was not available with them and it has to be ordered. Got the price-breakdown in written though.

Quote:
While booking my choice with 'Silver' color the sales guy was pushing us far too much, to go with 'White' color. Then I asked him weather he'll offer us any additional discount for choosing 'White' color, his face was worth the look, because he was pitching for White too much, as if, he was going to pay for the car.
On, 11th Feb, 2021 (roughly 14 days from booking), I had to call sales-guy to know the status. Got poorly fabricated response, like will take 5-10 more days. He again tried to pitch the White color. (At this point, I am more skeptical that they had chosen me as a target!)

Today, roughly 20-days after booking, I went to the showroom to get things sorted and was hoping to get in written VIN & Tentative Delivery Date. There was a new sales-guy who informed me a surprising fact, that Tiago in 'Silver color' is discontinued, thus the delay. He then asked me to select the available colors, so that things can proceed.

At this point, I called the Manager, who echoed the same scene that - Tiago in 'Silver' is discontinued due to low demand for this color and we should go with other available colors.

Manager informed me that they received the information two days ago - that Tiago in Silver color will be discontinued. To which I countered by pointing that I've booked my Tiago in Solver before this notification. I was not convinced and manager said that he'll confirm the availability of 'Silver' colored Tiago and inform me by tomorrow.

So, here I am at Team-BHP. I don't see any other car that fits what my family needs right now. It offers decent features at a good price.

1. What do you think?
Am I being framed, for defective/test-drive/over-stocked car?

(I don't think so, but who knows).

2. Where can I confirm the discontinuity of Tiago in Silver color?
I am guessing that dealer cannot show me their internal email or they can also fake the same. I even asked the Tata Customer Care, but as suspected - they have no clues and only dealer can confirm things to me in this regards. Although, they are ready to connect me with their complaints team. But I am not holding myself for complaining without confirming the facts.

While checking the online booking option, I can book the Tiago XZ in 'Silver'. No notification was displayed to me that Silver will not be available. Though, it could be very much possible that website is not updated to reflect the changes in availability.

PS: I found article's dated 9th Feb, 2021 on web that suggests possibility of Tata to discontinue 'Victory Yellow' & 'Tectonic Blue' color for Tiago and possibility of introduction of new 'Arizona Blue' color (Like, the one in Tigor & Harrier). They are based on leaks of internal email and may be false, but if true, they don't suggest removal of Silver color option.
Old 24th February 2021, 13:39   #318

Update! - I am now getting the Tiago XZ in Silver, probably by 28th Feb.

After several calls with Tata Customer Care to confirm the discontinuity of Tata Tiago in Pure Silver. I finally raised a complaint, as directed by Customer Care representative. I also emailed my concern to customercare@tatamotors.com . On 23rd, Feb., branch manager called me and informed that chassis no for your booking is available and we might get it delivered by end of February.

Quote:
Either it was the effect of complaint or it was just a matter of time.
I got to know that, average waiting period for Tiago is 4-6 weeks, as one of the sales agent showed me internal email. I guess things are sorted now.
PS: Sharing this update, if anyone was going through similar situation.

Thank you.
Old 21st May 2021, 12:44   #319
BHPian

Hi Experts,

Seeking your advice on whether it makes sense to buy a car Manufactured in December (with no additional discounts being offered)? I am thinking from the perspective of whether it will impact the resale value. Is even november date of manufacturing ok?

With the long lead times for delivery and uncertainty due to covid, i am worried if the delays cause it to slip into december, would it be alright to still take the delivery?

(Mods, kindly move it to appropriate thread if this is not the right forum)
Old 23rd May 2021, 13:10   #320
BHPian

Very informative read.
I am facing a different kind of conundrum. I am in the process of replacing my 10 year old wagon r CNG. This time I definitely need a car with better safety features, reliability and preferably less maintenance. Since I keep cars for an upwards of 10 years this car will probably be the one for my golden years as well.
Shortlisting cars by reliability , fuel efficiency, comfort & safety within a 11lakhs budget, I was really blown away by the new HONDA CITY base variant in petrol. Of course it is a bit over my budget, but since I will be financing it anyway, the emi difference will not be beyond a couple of thousand.
Then again I started thinking at that price range I could comfortably afford diesel variants of amaze or wrv as well.
Though my running is not high - about 400kms a month - does it really make sense paying 2 lakhs more for a petrol car when I can easily afford some diesel models ( same manufacturer) for less.
I don't live in Delhi NCR, so the 10 year ban doesn't really affect me.
Forum members please share your opinions.
PS: I am a fan of japanese reliability . More bling doesn't really attract me.

Last edited by HONESTabdul : 23rd May 2021 at 13:12. Reason: Adding information
Old 23rd May 2021, 15:24   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Forum members please share your opinions.
PS: I am a fan of japanese reliability . More bling doesn't really attract me.
Go for Honda City V. It covers everything -reliablity, safety, space, and features. You don't miss anything even though it is a base variant. Modern steel and Lunar silver are my fovorite colors.

Only issue I have is the tire size, it looks under tired in V variant. But lunar silver color hide this issue well. Upgrade tire if your budget permits or during first change.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 17:19   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Go for Honda City V. It covers everything -reliablity, safety, space, and features. You don't miss anything even though it is a base variant. Modern steel and Lunar silver are my fovorite colors.

Only issue I have is the tire size, it looks under tired in V variant. But lunar silver color hide this issue well. Upgrade tire if your budget permits or during first
change.
Yes my thoughts but you didn't shed any light on my dilemma. Viz : petrol city at 12.5 lakh or wrv diesel base/ amaze diesel top at 10.5 lakh.
Old 23rd May 2021, 18:17   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Yes my thoughts but you didn't shed any light on my dilemma. Viz : petrol city at 12.5 lakh or wrv diesel base/ amaze diesel top at 10.5 lakh.
You are planning to keep the car for 10 years so the difference of 1.5-2L is negligible. Honda City is new, big, safer, and feature rich. It is belong to the next segment.

Amaze is sold in India only (may be in Thailand too). WR-V is already 5 years old and is based on last gen Jazz platform. City is new and sold in many countries and next generation is atleast 5 years away.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 17:16   #324
BHPian

I am seeking the opinion of members to help me end my indecision - should I sell my current car and buy the new Thar.

I currently drive an automatic transmission Ford Ecosport, 2019 model, done around 22K kms. While my brain says the Ecosport is just fine, my heart is screaming 'the new Thar'.

The commute is going to be only in the city, about 25 Kms per day, home to office and back. I have the lovely Octavia for out of city drives.

If I do buy, it will be the diesel, hardtop, automatic transmission of the Thar.

Request members to let me know their views. Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 20:23   #325
BHPian

Hi Folks,

A friend is buying a Polo from PPS Bangalore. I shared the PDI checklist with him to go and inspect the car in the yard. However, the dealer says that they'll only let him see the car from the outside, and not allow him to do a proper inspection on the interiors or engine bay, unless he makes the payment.
If he makes the payment, then I'm not sure how flexible the dealer would be in case the car doesn't pass our PDI.
What do you guys think he should do?
Old 29th June 2021, 19:45   #326

Hi,
How can i get the details of all the features of new car using the vehicle model, chassis and engine number?
Do we have any sample photo of the form 22 certificate
Old 29th July 2021, 22:32   #327

Thanks GTO for such a wonderful piece of article. This will definitely help buyers who normally won’t take much pain to look in to some of the important points you have listed. In fact I never went for any pre-registration inspection for any of my cars in the past, and fortunately nothing happened so far!
I decided to take few advises from your notes before choosing my BMW X1, which I just finalised today.

Thanks a lot
Old 1st August 2021, 20:54   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Once you've completed a PDI and are satisfied with the allotted car, you can release full payment and proceed with invoicing, which is the step where you become the owner of the car. The dealer has nothing to gain by delaying things at this point, since you're now the owner on record.
HI Chetan, et al,

Your post above got me little worried, what do you mean by "full payment"? I am cross posting my unanswered query below.

Quote:
have been allocated the Chassis # of our new REDRAGE S11. i decoded and confirmed that it is a July 2021 manufactured vehicle. I was also made to pay the ESP of the vehicle on 27-July-2021, without which the chassis # wouldn't have been shared.

Now that we know the vehicle is built, how long it will take for M&M to deliver from Nashik to Pune ? Dealer sales person went all silent ever since he received the ESP, also evading my questions about the expected timelines of delivery.
I just hope paying the ex showroom price does not qualify as "full payment"?

In general, what should be the payment schedule in a "all cash deal" ?

Thanks again for putting up with such noob questions.

Last edited by spr1ngleo : 1st August 2021 at 20:55.
Old 1st August 2021, 21:07   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Looking for help in getting new car registered in Uttar Pradesh.
This guy is asking for two address proofs of the person who's name the car will be on.
I am trying to figure out why any state Govt requires address proof for the purchase of a car ! It seems a needless requirement so long as the individual possesses identity proof and doesn't pay in bundles of cash.
What if an individual is self employed and stays with a relative or friend away from his hometown?
Old 1st August 2021, 21:12   #330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post

Your post above got me little worried, what do you mean by "full payment"?
Meant that quite literally.

You pay a token/booking amount, vehicle gets allotted, you do a PDI once it lands in the dealership's possession, if satisfied with the vehicle pay up and proceed to registration & delivery.

A lot of dealers arm-twist customers into paying full price upfront, esp. fast-moving models because they aren't worried about losing the sale. Payment is the only leverage a customer has on the transaction, so it's always better to hold on until one is fully satisfied with the allotted car.

Now that you've paid up the majority of money, please ensure you do a proper PDI of the vehicle before approving they proceed with registration. If any payment is pending, don't do it until AFTER you've seen the car and are satisfied with it.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks