Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 16:26   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Thus either go the whole hog or nothing.
Thanks for the advice. We've decided to get the comprehensive warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys, do you feel it's worth it. Advise whether sould go for 36 months or 48 months Extended warranty ?
Get the 48 month extended warranty. See this old thread - . The general opinion of forum members is that extended warranty is a good investment and worth it.

Cheers
Old 17th September 2009, 16:40   #122
BHPian

I booked a Getz CRDI and seems that Hyundai doesnt offer extended warranty options on the Getz Crdi.!!!

I was keen on getting the comprehensive 5 year package. The dealer nonchalantly tells me that Sir. nothing goes wrong in the CRDI engines. Dont worry.!!
Old 17th September 2009, 17:03   #123
Senior - BHPian

Being an Ikon owner myself I would say that if driven carefully with good maintenance the Ikon is a trouble free car for atleast 3 to 4 years. After that small niggles start creeping in and now in its 5th year the front suspension has started making some 'spring pressing and depressing' noise when going over speed breakers. Also usually the extended warranty has too many 'is not included' type of clauses.

So check whats included and whats not before you take the extended warranty.
Old 17th September 2009, 17:17   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
Thanks for the advice. We've decided to get the comprehensive warranty.

Get the 48 month extended warranty. See this old thread - . The general opinion of forum members is that extended warranty is a good investment and worth it.

Cheers
its even better or hyundai guy right now as till 20th Sep 09 there is a 20% rebate on the prices of extended warranties
Old 23rd October 2009, 08:13   #125
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra & Mahindra is Offering 4 Year Warranty on Xylo till 31st Oct 09.
If I book the car on Monday (26th Oct), and I get the Delivery after 31st Oct., would I be eligible to get the Offer of Extended Warranty? Or would I have to buy Extended Warranty myself (Extra Payment)?

I guess Standard Warranty is of 2 Years on Xylo. But I want peace of mind as I have bad experiences of our previous buy. So I want to avail this Free Extended Warranty. What will I have to do to avail the Offer before 31st Oct.
Would the Dealer give me Extended Warranty after 31st Oct for Free since I booked the car before 31st Oct?
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:01   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Mahindra & Mahindra is Offering 4 Year Warranty on Xylo till 31st Oct 09.
If I book the car on Monday (26th Oct), and I get the Delivery after 31st Oct., would I be eligible to get the Offer of Extended Warranty? Or would I have to buy Extended Warranty myself (Extra Payment)?

I guess Standard Warranty is of 2 Years on Xylo. But I want peace of mind as I have bad experiences of our previous buy. So I want to avail this Free Extended Warranty. What will I have to do to avail the Offer before 31st Oct.
Would the Dealer give me Extended Warranty after 31st Oct for Free since I booked the car before 31st Oct?
Best is to check with dealer, but they should give it. Since you booked it before the cut off date. If dealers can keep ready cars in stock yard then who would want to wait till it comes from a plant. Since they dont keep in numbers they should give offers as long as your intent is to buy(booked by that date).
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:18   #127
Senior - BHPian

After being at the recieving end of a tata extended warranty, where the dealer refused to reimburse me until after 3 months/several calls to tata customer support. The dealer still maintains that he will pay me the money only after he gets it reimbursed from the insurance co offering the third party warranty. And not cashless as claimed.

I had recommended earlier that tata vehicle owners should get it. but i strongly suggest that you not use it. Its just an excuse for your friendly neighbourhood TASC to rip you off with bad service, and make you pay for the nose through it , for two more years.

They ripped you off during your warranty period, but then again, tata footed the bill for their incompetence. now, why should you ? I wouldnt :|

you can read more about my experiences here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...g-18-a-18.html
and the TASC in question? Kulathunkal Motors in Trivandrum.
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:19   #128
BHPian

The vote for yes for all vehicles, irrespective of make. We still do not have a robust recall policy and hence an extended warranty can offer us atleast a little piece of mind.

OT: The dealers themselves have become much more educated about honoring warranties and hence it would be a good idea to have buy one.
Old 3rd April 2010, 19:43   #129
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Almost all extended warranties only cover the drive train. So unless you are a high mileage user they may not be worth the money.
I think the extended warranty is more about peace of mind and not about a lot of logic. Its like taking medical insurance, you do not expect to use it but IF the chance comes, its better to have it. I too feel its only if your car has a lot of wear and tear, but then better safe than sorry. My 2 years additional cost Rs 5K at the time of purchase, little money to have a back up.
Old 4th April 2010, 19:40   #130
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Its like taking medical insurance, you do not expect to use it but IF the chance comes, its better to have it. I too feel its only if your car has a lot of wear and tear, but then better safe than sorry. My 2 years additional cost Rs 5K at the time of purchase, little money to have a back up.
Bingo! I mean, paying 6 lakh rupees for a good hatch is now the norm. What's another 5 - 10K for added protection against part failures....failures which are known to occur even with the best of brands.

I am a firm believer in the value offered by extended warranties.
Old 4th April 2010, 19:48   #131
BHPian

I chose not to take extended warranty for my Logan - my rationale - the sooner I get away from having to service it at the Mahindra A.S.S. the better.

Also, extended warranty claims aren't always easy.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:45   #132
BHPian

I think its good to have a an extended warranty. One of my friends who has a fiesta regrets not taking the extended warranty when he saw his repair cost in the third year go up to about 7-8k.

I took an extended warranty for 3 & 4 year for my SX4 which I brought this March. The way I see it, its good to have not that you expect your car to breakdown, but by fate if it does I want the best possible care for the car without it costing a bomb to do the repair.
Old 4th July 2010, 12:03   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

i20 ASTA CRDI Extended Warranty Problem

Dear TBHPians,i have a problem with the extended warranty on my i20 CRDI.i took the delivery of my car yesterday.while booking the dealer charged me 8500 rupees for the third year warranty.today when i was going through the extended warranty form,i noticed that the warranty cost was written as 3400 for i20 for the third year.i was shocked as i was charged 8500 .So i call up the dealer and ask them for an explanation.They said that since its a diesel it costs more.i was ,what?!like 5000 rupees more??Next i called up hyundai customer care and received a even more bigger shock."Saar,we dont give extended warranty for i20 CRDI at all".He also said that there must be a problem and asked me to get back to dealer.I am at loss now.I dont know what to do.Please help me out in this
Old 17th July 2010, 08:42   #134
Senior - BHPian

cross posting from here

I see that extended warranty makes sense. but in my case it's 25% of car's total cost ($2385 compared to $10k for a used beetle). I am beginning to think I should decline this. is is really wise?

the warranty is offered by toyota's division.
Old 17th July 2010, 10:29   #135
Senior - BHPian

A very big NO. The only exception if you are a very high mileage driver and the warranty is 'Unlimited distance'.

Why - the warranties only cover the drive train. How often have you come across a drive train (engine, gearbox, diff) failure. Also, then you are obliged to enrich the A$$ by following their maintenance and oil change schedule, knowling fully well that if you do less than 10,000km per year, you can safely go over to an annual oil change and sertvice schedule.

I did not take extended warranties either on my Accent (now sold after 8 years) or Santro. The Civic has it as standard so I cannot delete it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks