Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2023, 22:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Sizing guide for Bicycles | How do I know which bike is right for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman View Post
Hi Gaurav,
Triban RC100 and 120, both are great choice, I have ridden RC120 and that is quite decent for start. But since this is your son's first big bike may I say that you can try Hybrid bikes as well?

And he is 13 I am sure he would take the bike off the road (like I am sure we all did at that age ), at that time Hybrid would take that abuse much better than Road bike and he would have better control as well. (plus for added benefit you can change tire size according to your use). Try Riverside 500 or Firefox Roadrunner Pro D.
Thanks for the input my friend. I am sure he will venture out
Old 12th October 2023, 20:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sizing guide for Bicycles | How do I know which bike is right for me?

Bike fit is a very personal thing, like a saddle. For example, my height is 177.8cm, which amounts to either M/L or M frames for me. One of the things I learned is that the sizing for hybrid and MTBs is different. If it is a road bicycle you are looking for, then the sizing will play an extremely important role because these bicycles cost an arm and leg and getting the wrong size will mean bad regrets later on.

Continuing with the example, in my case; although the website suggested an L frame, I was more comfortable using the M frame after I did a test ride of both sizes. If you are on the borderline case like me, I would suggest going in for the smaller frame to be on the safe side. For the record, I own Kelly's Phanatic 30 (cross hybrid). I am no expert in bikes - there are members out here who have ridden bikes more than I have done and have a whole lot of bike expertise than I do; the above suggestions are just two cents from my side.

However, as everyone here has already pointed out - the best idea is to try out the bicycles and then decide the one which you are very comfortable with. Don't be in a hurry to get the bicycle. Always try out every bicycle and then only put your money on the one which is the most comfortable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks