Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2021, 19:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I'm assuming you chose GJ804C for the Torx key. Neither of my bikes have a Torx bolt (that I can see). So which one should I choose? That chain hook and the two separate tyre levers (I'm assuming they double up as lever handle extensions for extra torque as well) are also a great touch which the other models do not seem to have. Isn't there a table or list description of which bits each model has? Are the same ones available on Amazon as well?
Hi doc, the T25 Torx was only for my Garmin out-front mount which uses this nut. I think the disk brake rotors on MTB/Road bikes use it too. I usually check the item on Aliexpress to get detailed info. You can find the table at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32789344715.html? (access using a proxy or tor browser). I don't think Amazon has them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Anyway, based on the discussion so far in this thread, I am thinking of getting just a good chain tool and not full multitool as I have rarely needed any of the allen keys.
A dedicated tool is definitely a better choice. Even on my GJ804C Rockbros one (chinese), the part of the chain tool which pushes the pins out is plastic (EDIT:Actually it is metal alright, I mistook it for plastic since its painted black). I bought the tool mainly for in-ride emergencies where I will operate it carefully if the chain ever breaks. I've not had any rusting issues on my decathlon or chinese tools. But if its only surface rust, WD40 should get rid of it.

Last edited by itisravi : 26th August 2021 at 20:15. Reason: Mistook metal for plastic
itisravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 17:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Re: Tools for your Bicycle

Exactly what I've been wanting to replicate ...

The schematic of the bike with the arrows is the typical go-to list for most average to slightly above average DIYers and what you would require on a decent length probably multi day out of town ride as well, in your saddlebag or jersey pocket.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 16:52   #18
BHPian

Got this puppy from Lezyne today, for 2k rupees. It has all the tools that I have used, and some extra bits. The claimed weight is 148g, which I have no way of checking.

I really like the quick link holder, which is held by a magnet.

Tools for your Bicycle-20210912_153835.jpg

Tools for your Bicycle-20210912_153844.jpg

Tools for your Bicycle-20210912_154032.jpg

This is the schematic from their official website.

Tools for your Bicycle-rapii_18_explodedtooldiagrams_r1_1800x1800.jpg
dragntailonfire is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 17:10   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I was looking for something like this tool https://www.amazon.com/Granite-Lever...087Q5ZH98?th=1

after a friend from around here suggested a Top Peak version which does something similar, but the reviews say it isn't built very well: https://www.topeak.com/global/en/pro...80-power-lever
Old 12th September 2021, 18:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
Got this puppy from Lezyne today, for 2k rupees. It has all the tools that I have used, and some extra bits. The claimed weight is 148g, which I have no way of checking.
Nice one there bro. Looks very nicely built and compact too. In case it does not have it's own case, cut a section of an old MTB tube and slip it as a protective cover over it before putting it in your saddlebag. Multitools eventually eat away and make holes in everything in close proximity, including your spare tube and the saddlebag itself.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 00:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
Got this puppy from Lezyne today, for 2k rupees. It has all the tools that I have used, and some extra bits...
Hi @dragntailonfire,

That seems to be a cool tool!
Where/ how, did you buy this from, please
Look forward to any feedback on usage etc.

Thanks,
ysjoy
ysjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 09:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysjoy View Post
Where/ how, did you buy this from
I bought it from mastermindtri online. However, the specific model that I got, went out of stock as soon as my sale was complete. There is no tracking or login for the site, but I still got the product without any hassle.

I used it briefly, to adjust the cleats and try out the different tension points in the pedals when I was out riding. Since then, I have found my comfortable setting, and the tool is now sitting idle in the saddle bag .
dragntailonfire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 06:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

My CF frame bike put some fear into me about over tightening the screws and bolts. While a regular, adjustable torque wrench is very useful, I found something extremely portable and made for cyclists. A Ritchey Torquekey that’s set to 5 Nm. Almost all bolts on most cycles are rated at 5 Nm, mine isn’t an exception either so the product immediately went to cart. It got delivered today and the way that satisfactory “click” sound puts your mind at ease is something else!

Attaching a picture, just in case. I see many people have CF bikes here, this could be useful in a pinch.

Tools for your Bicycle-1image.jpg
amol4184 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 22:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Bearings on ICAN wheelset of my gravel bike started feeling rough. The front wheel was okay but when I dismantled the rear hub I found water had found its way in despite a heavy dab of grease and caused some rust. I cleaned the rust easily but bearings were still gruff from wear. The markings on them showed they were of 15267-2RS variety.

Tools for your Bicycle-20230904_152744.jpg

A YouTube video showed how to take out these bearings which is - one big smack on them (with a hammer no less) and they fall out. Admittedly I am a wimp and it took about 20 hits before the bearings fell out. If you are attempting something like this for the first time, beware it is quite an unnerving process. In fact this is the only part on my bike that I have used a hammer on.

Anyway, once the bearings fell out, replacing them with new one would be easy or so I thought. And boy was I wrong! I just could not get them to sit perfectly flush. Enter this bearing press tool:

Tools for your Bicycle-20231027_095658.jpg

Fairly easy to use and truly effective. You choose right sized presses, insert one of them in the center spindle, insert spindle thru the axle of the wheel and then on top insert second press. The contraption is ready to use. Next, attach the crank to spindle and start tightening like a normal screw. Just make sure both the presses, bearings are perfectly flush with each other.
The bearing installation was done in few seconds and wheel rolling super smooth in minutes.

They don't advertise it as suitable for headsets but I later tried the biggest two "presses" for headset installation on a bike and it does work as long as headtube of your bike is not super tall. By my estimate it should work on 24mm press-fit bottom brackets too.

P.S. Note to self: always check what bearings are used in every wheel. I assumed front wheel used same bearings as the rear (15267-2RS) but I was wrong. Even though both are 12mm thru axle, front bearings are 6902. I overlooked and ordered four 15267s.
Attached Thumbnails
Tools for your Bicycle-20230904_152728.jpg  

Last edited by amol4184 : 27th October 2023 at 22:52. Reason: Spell
amol4184 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 23:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
My CF frame bike put some fear into me about over tightening the screws and bolts. While a regular, adjustable torque wrench is very useful, I found something extremely portable and made for cyclists. A Ritchey Torquekey that’s set to 5 Nm.
I bought my carbon frame bike from TheProsCloset.com and they shipped a similar version of this tool with the bike. Yes, that click is so assuring that you're not literally screwing up your bike
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 07:27   #26
BHPian

The IceToolz Ocarina is the most VFM torque wrench and quite portable accounting for length.
Old 29th October 2023, 10:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrish View Post
The IceToolz Ocarina is the most VFM torque wrench and quite portable accounting for length.
Will it fit in the tiny underseat bag? The Ritchey fits comfortably. I'm on the lookout for two more to keep on all the bikes.
Old 29th October 2023, 11:08   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Will it fit in the tiny underseat bag? The Ritchey fits comfortably. I'm on the lookout for two more to keep on all the bikes.
The Topeak "Nano TorqBox X" is another compact option that can be driven by your multitool's 5mm allen key.
Old 29th October 2023, 11:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Looks interesting. The price is prohibiting me to order... more than double of Ritchey. In it's defense it does have adjustable torque v/s constant 5nm. I'll keep an eye on any discounts this Black Friday!
Old 29th October 2023, 15:29   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Depends on how deep the saddle bag is. I can fit it in mine but my saddle bag is bigger than typical road bike bags. If you're in Bangalore, I've seen some IRL at Crankmeister.

I don't carry a torque wrench on my rides, as never felt the need for it on roadside repairs. I don't have carbon bars and only fastener that requires care is the seat post collar bolt. Thru axles take well over 8Nm iirc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks