Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2024, 07:44   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
I got my Kushaq fabric seat covers changed at Imperial Leathers. The Kushaq seats are very comfortable and fabric seats are good too, but they were not looking classy and since its a compact SUV, the grey color of the fabric seat was making the car seem smaller than it was!
The work looks great but I am curious about some of pictures. The first and the last few seem to be the interiors of a sedan (Rapid?) and not a crossover Kushaq. Anyway, the seats look beautifully done.

Last edited by ashis89 : 14th February 2024 at 07:45.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 12:47   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
I got my Kushaq fabric seat covers changed at Imperial Leathers. Attaching a few pictures for reference
Thanks for sharing. I presume your car has seat air bags. How was the installation managed and any concerns on deployment of airbags?
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:13   #243
BHPian

My Kushaq car does not have seat air bags, but Imperial Leathers can make seat covers for cars that have ventilated seats or seat air bags as I know. Please check with the Imperial Leathers directly.

On a personal note, my other car has ventilated seats and I will not be changing the seat covers for those as I do not want to tamper with warranty, etc! Hope this helps.
Old 27th March 2024, 15:04   #244
Senior - BHPian

I got in touch with Shiva for the seat cover for my 5th gen Honda City. He says he can make airbag compatible seat covers, but I am not sure. Can anyone confirm? How he does it?
Old 3rd April 2024, 11:17   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I got in touch with Shiva for the seat cover for my 5th gen Honda City. He says he can make airbag compatible seat covers, but I am not sure. Can anyone confirm? How he does it?
From what I remember, he offers two options:
1. Open slot in the seat cover sides for the airbag. This also shows the underneath seat cover fabric. This looks hideous but is the most effective and safe IMHO.
2. Single/ loose stitching in the seat cover sides similar to the OEMs. This is supposed to break open during the seat airbag deployment.

When I met him a year back, he was confident of the seat cover not causing any airbag malfunction and that he has installed this in many cars and has not faced any issues. You can perhaps check with him on how it works.

I am still on the fence and do have this concern as well, hence have still not gone for the seat covers for my car.

Last edited by hrman : 3rd April 2024 at 11:18.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 23:59   #246
BHPian

Sharing picture of seat cover for seats with airbags. This is in Toyota Glanza as a genuine accessory. The front is partial open for airbag, rear (not in pic) will be like any regular seat cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_7352.jpeg  

shaikhmimran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 19:16   #247
BHPian

I got the seat covers for my Skoda Slavia from Imperial Leathers in July 2022, and this was their first Slavia car. Shiva and the team did a good job from seat cover selection to installation.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20221010_200820.jpg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20221010_200803.jpg

After almost two years of use, I noticed a small tear on the driver's side seat. I don't keep a wallet in the back pocket while driving, so I'm not sure how it happened. Once I noticed it, I called him over the phone, and he recognized me and asked me to send a photo over WhatsApp. After reviewing the photo, he called me back and confirmed that the damaged cover can be replaced. He asked me to send a photo of the complete seat and mentioned that he needs 1 or 2 weeks to prepare the lower piece cover with perforations. He will call me once it is ready.

Damaged seat - small tear visible.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_5516.jpg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_5975.jpg

He called me on last Tuesday and asked me to come on June 28th, Friday after 3 PM. As we agreed, I reached at the shop today at 3:30 PM, and they completed the work by 4:10 PM.

Dismantling the seat.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_5961.jpg

Seat has been removed.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_5962.jpg

Removed the lower seat.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_5984.png

New piece is ready.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_5970.jpg

Stitching the new piece with the other cover.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_5972.jpg

Seat is being prepared for install.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_5977.jpg

Seat has been installed.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_5981.jpg

As always, they did a good job, and he did not charge me. I highly recommend Shiva and the team.
TurboTorque is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 22:18   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTorque View Post
After almost two years of use, I noticed a small tear on the driver's side seat. I don't keep a wallet in the back pocket while driving, so I'm not sure how it happened.
It could be due to metallic button on pants back pocket (usually jeans)
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 07:33   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After almost two years of use, I noticed a small tear on the driver's side seat.

As always, they did a good job, and he did not charge me. I highly recommend Shiva and the team.
Even I think it is because of the trouser back pocket buttons. We don't realise but it rubs in the seat whenever we enter the car or adjust ourselves in the seat. Nice of him to do it FOC.
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 08:19   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
Sharing picture of seat cover for seats with airbags.
That looks more like a bikini than a seat cover!
In this case, do we really need a cover like this? It neither cover the seat nor looks good.
I have a 3 year old 5th gen Honda City V variant which came with beige fabric cover. Imperial's Shiva said he can make airbag compatible seat cover with weak stitching in the front seat airbag area. I am not convinced. Next option is to have ugly cut out like this.
Old 29th June 2024, 13:20   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
It could be due to metallic button on pants back pocket (usually jeans)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Even I think it is because of the trouser back pocket buttons. We don't realise but it rubs in the seat whenever we enter the car or adjust ourselves in the seat. Nice of him to do it FOC.
Both of you pointed out correctly that the back pocket could be the reason. Even if the back pocket does not have a metallic button, the pocket edges are thick enough to damage the seat after prolonged usage when we enter the car or adjust ourselves in the seat.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_5988.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Nice of him to do it FOC.
He is very professional in his work and behaviour. I was surprised that he did not charge for the work, and it was good to talk to him as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
That looks more like a bikini than a seat cover!
In this case, do we really need a cover like this? It neither cover the seat nor looks good.
I have a 3 year old 5th gen Honda City V variant which came with beige fabric cover. Imperial's Shiva said he can make airbag compatible seat cover with weak stitching in the front seat airbag area. I am not convinced. Next option is to have ugly cut out like this.
One of my friends was looking for airbag-compatible seat covers for his car, and I gave him Shiva’s contact details. He has an appointment next week, and Shiva has sent a few seat covers that he has done to my friend for his reference. I am attaching them here for your reference and for other readers. I would suggest you visit him, check in-person, and make a decision.

Tata Nexon Airbag friendly Seat Cover.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-588e288aaf244cf994cf7504e2c2e594.jpg

As you can see in the photo below, the side is open, and it is original factory fabric.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-a19883aac61e46fe86c9ae5c68ba2617.jpg

Kia Sonet Airbag friendly Seat Cover.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-b7d419957ea2440989fc0791c5421f00.jpg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-ce6b962064ea43538ca718805ca987f0.jpg

Toyoto Glanza Airbag friendly Seat Cover.
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-b02020e67d704df492ebce27fbc88b73.jpg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-d9e101ac22274b618cbe9e6de24d8d44.jpg
TurboTorque is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 09:57   #252
BHPian

I have also had a great experience with Imperial Leathers and Shiva. Their team is very nice to talk to, patiently listens to us. I got my steering wheel covers replaced and needless to say, they did an awesome job! Check the pictures and you'll observe that there are no overlapping seams where the leather joins, unlike others like Karlsson. There is no bump, and it is a super clean line.

Cost is very reasonable too. Highly recommend them.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-pxl_20240511_071100042.mp.jpgSeat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-pxl_20240511_071112174.jpg
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 22:37   #253
Senior - BHPian

What would be the approx price for these (Nexon 2017)? Thanks for sharing
Quote:
One of my friends was looking for airbag-compatible seat covers for his car, and I gave him Shiva’s contact details. He has an appointment next week, and Shiva has sent a few seat covers that he has done to my friend for his reference. I am attaching them here for your reference and for other readers. I would suggest you visit him, check in-person, and make a decision.
Old 6th July 2024, 19:28   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
What would be the approx price for these (Nexon 2017)?
My friend got a quote of 15k for the Nappa leather. The price starts from 9k to 25k for imitation leather and 45k for the Italian leather.
TurboTorque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 18:50   #255

Thank you Shiva, Imperial Leathers, Bangalore

Yesterday, I got my sister's i10 car seat covers changed at Imperial Leathers. The seats, being more than 12 years old, were almost sinking, more so the driver's seat. I was wondering if the entire driver seat assembly needed to be changed. Having changed the seat covers of my Safari earlier, I visited Imperial Leathers and met Shiva Kumar, the affable and ever-smiling gentleman, who assured me that the seat need not be changed.

As recommended by Shiva, I went for the black leatherette seat covers. Came back the next day for fitment. It was a pleasant surprise as the seats looked as good as brand new, so cushiony yet with good support. All this at a very affordable price. Many thanks to Shiva and his dedicated team. Attaching a few pictures here. I must add here that Shiva is as much concerned about his staff as his customers. He has provided a very good comfortable working space for them.

Kudos Shiva! I just can't stop admiring you for having the same team for 10 years and this is how I guess is translating to a high-quality output and great customer satisfaction. No wonder customers come all the way from Yelahanka!
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20240714161408.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20240714161502.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20240714161518.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20240714161528.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20240714161601.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 15th July 2024 at 06:39. Reason: Spacing
krishbvmk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks