Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2019, 13:04   #1321
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Which one?

I somehow prefer the Jakkur Shell over the Doddaballapur road one simply due to difference in behaviour of the staff.
This shell is Doddaballapura road one CD. I used to fill at Jakkur as well but off late since I pass that when dropping my Kid to school, I usually see longer queues here (Jakkur).

And yes, the staff at Doddaballapura Road is super rude and I am not surprised you say this. I remember I had to shout and call an attendant as I waited near the dispenser for more than 3-4 minutes one of the afternoon.

HPCL one ahead is near Sai Leela (Ramada) - Location

Quote:
Been sticking to Shell from too long though - I wouldn't even realize if the fuel is causing bad NVH.
Exactly! Hence I said I will fill at the HPCL soon after the Shell diesel in current tank is burnt and share my experience again. It would be a good comparison.

By the way, that HPCL fuel station was recommended to me by at least 2 BHPians in the last 2 years and the overall experience even while refilling here has been anything less than satisfactory. The owner is from Bidar and I asked his staff how come each one was talking Kannada in North Karnataka dialect and they said their employer belongs to Bidar.

Try this once and share your experience.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 13:13   #1322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
HPCL one ahead is near Sai Leela (Ramada) - Location

Try this once and share your experience.
Ironically, I also live nearby (and have never tanked up at this HP), but have used it's doppelganger on the other side for the last 5 years . No complaints at all and while the staff maybe pastoral, they are prompt.

itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 13:16   #1323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Ironically, I also live nearby (and have never tanked up at this HP),
So the moral of the stories is that Shell is not preferred by those staying at Yelahanka .

I really don't want to refer to my experience as placebo but for sure the next tankful at HPCL will reveal it and I will permanently stick to HPCL after this.
Old 13th September 2019, 13:30   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Shell diesel makes my car drive smooth, but robs it of grunt (torque feels lower). I love BP diesel - it is just right and Reliance Diesel is good as well. Noticed a slightly better average on Reliance diesel, though. But very marginal.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 18:36   #1325
BANNED

Totally noob Q.
I will go out on a limb and assume that all fuel bunks in and around bangalore are getting their fuel from mangalore refineries, irrespective of HP/BP/IOC/Shell/Essar/Reliance. If this is true (otherwise it would be mighty expensive, wouldn't it, I am assuming that none of the KA bunks get fuel from imports at Chennai port, since it would mean both TN and KA taxes) , then why is there noticeable difference across brands ? (what's worse, different BHPians testify different ones amongst these brands as better than the rest). Doesn't it prove that just about everyone indulges in adulteration then ?

Last edited by venkyhere : 13th September 2019 at 18:39.
Old 13th September 2019, 18:55   #1326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I will go out on a limb and assume that all fuel bunks in and around bangalore are getting their fuel from mangalore refineries, irrespective of HP/BP/IOC/Shell/Essar/Reliance. If this is true (otherwise it would be mighty expensive, wouldn't it, I am assuming that none of the KA bunks get fuel from imports at Chennai port, since it would mean both TN and KA taxes) , then why is there noticeable difference across brands ? (what's worse, different BHPians testify different ones amongst these brands as better than the rest). Doesn't it prove that just about everyone indulges in adulteration then ?
Shell gets its supply from Mangalore Refineries. Honestly, I rarely sing praises when it comes to quality of fuel from one brand across the other and have never been a fan of Shell as well.

But then, we continue to remain complacent that Shell fuel may be less adulterated compared to the others
Old 14th September 2019, 08:47   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Shell petrol is very good Parag. The problem I had was with their premium fuel, where they passed off regular fuel in the guise of Power. Few of their outlets still indulge in this, and Company has no way to demonstrate to the consumer that it is indeed premium fuel (when in doubt). I always stick to BP COCO and have got the best diesel experience so far

Quote:
But then, we continue to remain complacent that Shell fuel may be less adulterated compared to the others
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 09:14   #1328
BHPian

I've been using Shell 8/10 times to tank up Diesel from bunks across Bangalore but mostly at Mahadevapura near IOC CoCo. I have now switched to CoCo since I felt their fuel feels different compared to others (not sure if it is too clean to be on BS4 vehicles). Interestingly the best Diesel I have experienced is from HiQ bunks run by MRPL in and around Mangalore, absolute pleasure.

I also wonder if all these bunks get supply from MRPL why there is perceivable difference.
Old 14th September 2019, 09:51   #1329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
True. That's the perception most of us have. Not saying it wont be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
..I have now switched to CoCo since I felt their fuel feels different compared to others (not sure if it is too clean to be on BS4 vehicles).
Did that long back. Shell Diesel feels different - the engines seem to soften up, more than becoming quieter. Dont see any performance improvement either, and then we also pay extra. I had done this try-and-give-up not long after Shell started operations in BLR.
Old 20th September 2019, 00:27   #1330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
HPCL one ahead is near Sai Leela (Ramada) -
So I tried this bunk a couple of days back, and on the way back, got to cross a familiar grey Ertiga with TeamBhp stickers as well. Nice coincidence.

Don't feel any drastic difference in the engine as such. But will stick will HP (here) or any of the COCO for a while and then see.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 07:15   #1331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So I tried this bunk a couple of days back, and on the way back, got to cross a familiar grey Ertiga with TeamBhp stickers as well. Nice coincidence.
If this was on Monday afternoon around 2PM, then I too refilled here and was returning back home .
Quote:
Don't feel any drastic difference in the engine as such. But will stick will HP (here) or any of the COCO for a while and then see.
Sure. May be another tank or two and you should have the final conclusion like I did. No more Shell for me after that unless SOS like it happened last time.
Old 20th September 2019, 09:31   #1332
BHPian

I have filled both petrol and diesel a few times from the Shell bunk on Thanisandra road. I just feel that the quality is much better than all other Shell bunks that I have tried.

So I will recommend this bunk very much for anyone staying around this place and wondering which bunk to stick to.
Old 10th October 2019, 18:25   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Around Marathahalli - MATS HP bunk near to Cosmos mall.
<snipped>
Been filling from HPCL operated "MATS fuel park" near Brookefield (erstwhile Cosmos) mall Kundalahalli for the past 15years, very satisfied with the fuel quality/quantity, and AFAIK no con-jobs as rampant in many other pumps.

So except when I go on long drives covering multiple states/cities, this is my permanent refuelling pitstop; almost never used any other pump in Bengaluru!
Old 13th October 2019, 07:33   #1334
BHPian

There is a new Essar outlet opened in Kothnur BK circle. Filled up couple of times and did not find any fault. I recommend this one.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 08:20   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Filled up there, thanks. Indeed, no issues. But it is really tiny compared to the Brigade Millennium one. I used to go to that Supermarket next to it, whenever I'm around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
There is a new Essar outlet opened in Kothnur BK circle. Filled up couple of times and did not find any fault. I recommend this one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks