Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2015, 15:08   #991
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

I had been to Nagpal's on the 16th of May to fill fuel in my bike.

First time going there in many, many years.

Went to a dispenser and asked for Speed for Rs. 500.

He put the nozzle into the bike, showed me 0 and tried to fill. But the meter wouldn't budge. He tried again and same result.

He then asked me to try at a different dispenser. And this time, it worked just as expected.

I added a few ml of Iftex System G as I always do and tightened my chain a wee bit.

My mileage went from 48kmpl to 52.6kmpl! Only the second time it is crossing 50kmpl.

Is this even possible or have I been given fuel from the first dispenser as well?
Old 29th May 2015, 10:01   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Recommend the Shell petrol pump on Old Madras Road near Big Bazaar/Gopalan signature mall. Trustworthy over the past few years.
And now they're open 24 hours - recently they've put up a big banner outside mentioning this
I agree with you. Even we have been filling fuel primarily from this Shell outlet for about 2 years and I must say that they are worth it. If they try to push for Shell Premium fuel, just a polite NO does the job. Friendly staff, absolutely no fuss.
Old 29th May 2015, 10:59   #993
Senior - BHPian

Well, I just say - "No, I am a Shell IT employee at Whitefield and I know what this fuel is about. So please fill Normal".

Once, one fellow cross-questioned me asking where is my Id card !! I said for security reasons I don't wear it outside campus.
Old 29th May 2015, 14:52   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I had been to Nagpal's on the 16th of May to fill fuel in my bike.

First time going there in many, many years.

Went to a dispenser and asked for Speed for Rs. 500.

He put the nozzle into the bike, showed me 0 and tried to fill. But the meter wouldn't budge. He tried again and same result.

He then asked me to try at a different dispenser. And this time, it worked just as expected.

I added a few ml of Iftex System G as I always do and tightened my chain a wee bit.

My mileage went from 48kmpl to 52.6kmpl! Only the second time it is crossing 50kmpl.

Is this even possible or have I been given fuel from the first dispenser as well?
Nagal is a very reputed, well-managed, and quality driven outlet for several years now. All nozzles will deliver good mileage Ashwin. System G is a good fuel additive and works economical than filling premium petrol. Cheers
Old 29th May 2015, 15:26   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
If they try to push for Shell Premium fuel, just a polite NO does the job.
My wife went here once recently, and they conned her into filling up the premium version. But the thing is, the mileage went up substantially (her I10 which gives around 11 kmph in Bangalore gave 15 kmph for that one fill), so I'm wondering if this (premium petrol) isn't a bad thing after all?
Old 29th May 2015, 15:34   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
My wife went here once recently, and they conned her into filling up the premium version. But the thing is, the mileage went up substantially (her I10 which gives around 11 kmph in Bangalore gave 15 kmph for that one fill), so I'm wondering if this (premium petrol) isn't a bad thing after all?
Hi Binand, try the fuel additives like System G or Wynns. They are economical and do their work as well. They keep the fuel injectors from getting clogged. I have used them personally for several years and found them to be good.
Old 24th June 2015, 09:11   #997
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore - Shell Varthur road

Shell, Varthur road:
I have complained about the Shell on Varthur road 4 times to company in last 1 year for 2 reasons (filling for 2 wheelers)
1. Artificially making long lines for normal petrol so that people will buy premium petrol
2. for 2 wheelers, they don't provide credit card service at the pump, customers should go to office and pay.

Had multiple discussions with their regional manager, owner of the pump etc; but nothing really happened to solve the pain. So now a days totally avoiding this pump. Very disappointed with the way the complaints were treated. In fact one of their guys from Chennai who called me was trying to brainwash that this behavior is normal !!!

This pump has very little competition in terms of nearby pumps, and they are really exploiting it. During peak times, it takes minimum 15 minutes to fill fuel and another 10-15 mts to check air for 2 wheelers.

Today saw a facebook post on Whitefield rising about meter jumping trick tried in this pump to a lady. That was least expected out of Shell. Another reason to stay away.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 11:32   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Shell, Varthur road:

2. for 2 wheelers, they don't provide credit card service at the pump, customers should go to office and pay.
This practice is prevailant in many Shell bunks (and other bunks) in Bangalore. As a matter of fact, I have been able to pay by card only at their Hoodi bunk. For most other ones (Bellandur, Lalbagh, etc.) you need to walk down to the office if you want to use your card. :(

Spoke to the guy at the office once, he said, they do it to reduce/optimize the 2 Wheeler queues as card payment is a bit time consuming. I also feel, they prefer cash for smaller amount transactions (in case of 2 wheelers) for obvious reasons.

Last edited by nerd1200 : 24th June 2015 at 11:37.
Old 24th June 2015, 12:12   #999
Distinguished - BHPian

HP Fuel Station on Outer Ring Road - JP Nagar

I have been filling petrol constantly from HP Petrol bunk on outer Ring Road in JP Nagar - near Lathangi Ford showroom and Close to 15th Cross.

The experience about quality of fuel was never an issue with my SX4 (Petrol) but in terms of quantities I sometimes have had questions but almost always no problem. The only reason I continued to go there (especially I am close to Shell station on BG Road) is because they honour Amex payments. Extra reward points for the routine spend

The question is - has anyone had first hand experience of Diesel from this fuel station? More than quantity, any quality issues? Of course if anyone has latest good or bad experience, would help too.

Thanks.
Old 25th June 2015, 09:42   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
HP Fuel Station on Outer Ring Road - JP Nagar

The question is - has anyone had first hand experience of Diesel from this fuel station? More than quantity, any quality issues? Of course if anyone has latest good or bad experience, would help too.

Thanks.
I have been using this bunk regularly for a few years now. No issues with diesel quantiy or quality. I stay close to this place . A lot of call center cab operators have tie up with this bunk too.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 22:41   #1001
BHPian

Mostly at Shell at Gottigere, Bannerghatta road. One thing I began to notice recently though, if I insist on normal petrol they don't offer me free engine oil check up and windscreen clean. But if I agree for V-power which is their sales pitch, then i get those checks and windscreen clean.

Is that true or just a coincidence?
Old 26th June 2015, 18:07   #1002
BHPian

So it seems, I've heard from a few friends as well. Also, tendering exact change is also an issue according one of my friend's experience.
Old 26th June 2015, 18:52   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
Mostly at Shell at Gottigere, Bannerghatta road. One thing I began to notice recently though, if I insist on normal petrol they don't offer me free engine oil check up and windscreen clean. But if I agree for V-power which is their sales pitch, then i get those checks and windscreen clean.

Is that true or just a coincidence?
My experience too at Shell on Hosur Road (Wilson Garden) and also on Mysore Road. Don't know if it is just a coincidence though.
Old 26th June 2015, 19:06   #1004
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
abirnale : Shell on OUter Ring Road JP Nagar - has anyone had first hand experience of Diesel from this fuel station? More than quantity, any quality issues?
I am using both Petrol & Diesel from here. Looks good in both quality and quantity. No problems at all.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 09:35   #1005
Distinguished - BHPian

Been using the relatively new BP pump on Sarjapur Road ( after total mall, opposite kaikondrahalli lake). It is quite spacious, staff are polite and have not had any obvious issues with fuel quality. They have a nitrogen machine in addition to 2 air check machines. There is also an emission testing center. So a one stop place where you can cover many things.

The one after wipro on Sarjapur Road also has nitrogen top up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks