Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2014, 15:26   #901
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I went to the HP pump near Phoenix, unfortunately they don't have it. Nowadays very few places they are doing PUC test, don't know the reason.

Please visit the Indian oil Pump after Pheonix market city/Before the Whitefield Honda.

If they dont have there then for sure there is one pump next(HP/BP) next to cosmos mall kundanalli, before KHT and infront of Kalyani used cars showroom.
Old 3rd August 2014, 12:02   #902
Senior - BHPian

I have been singing paeans about the HSR 19th main IOC bunk; not this time.

When returning from Coimbatore, i tanked up till the brim at Lorry owners association bunk at Sankari; reset the trip meter and reached Bangalore. Distance covered = 210 km.

Eager to check the mileage of the Ecosport diesel, i tanked it up again at the aforementioned HSR bunk;

1) I failed to see that the meter is reading zero. BIG MISTAKE here from my end.

2) The auto-cut off stopped the pump at some 10 to 11 litre; and from then on he filled only in pulse for about 10-20 seconds.

3) Meanwhile, he signaled a guy and he came to me and started 'sir free nitrogen, costly car sir, free only sir'. I denied politely and turned back and saw that the Rs. counting is now flashing 1050.00 (16.x litres)

4) I paid off and came, but no way the 1.5 tdci can give 210/16 = 13.125 kmpl, as it is purely a 4 lane road with 80-90 kmph speeds. It always gives ~20 kmpl through rough estimates.

Still confused.
Old 3rd August 2014, 13:58   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Recently, I asked a bunk called Vinod Enterprises near Mysore Road, Bangalore to fill up my car for Rs. 1000. There were 2 attendants, say A and B.

A set the meter to 0 and began to fill fuel while B took my card to make the payment. In a while, A decided to stop at 200. B tells him that I asked for Rs. 1000, so B decides to continue filling. At this moment, B asks me if my card has a PIN. I turn my head to say no. After a while, A stops at 800. I ask him why is he stopping at 800, he needs to stop at 1000. He tells me that he reset the meter. I said no you didn't. He says he did. To confirm, I check the range in my car, it shows the range exactly for 10L. 2.5L short of what I should've gotten.

So I ask them for 2 receipts. Since they claimed they filled for 200 and then 800, give me both receipts. They reached out for a handheld book. I told them I wanted the receipt that will be printed by the fuel dispenser. Once I began to insist, he asked me what the problem was, I told that I have been fuelled for Rs. 800 and not Rs. 1000. He understood he was caught and then prompty filled for the remaining 200!

This particular trick is getting more and more common now. I also encountered something similar in Ghaziabad (NCR) and a bunk on outer ring road (bangalore).

BTW, are there special instructions/trainings given by the petrol pump managers/owners to the attendends to indulge in these activities? Or is it that the attendees get some personal profit and all this is done without the knowledge of the owner/manager?
Old 3rd August 2014, 14:00   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
This particular trick is getting more and more common now. I also encountered something similar in Ghaziabad (NCR) and a bunk on outer ring road (bangalore).

BTW, are there special instructions/trainings given by the petrol pump managers/owners to the attendends to indulge in these activities? Or is it that the attendees get some personal profit and all this is done without the knowledge of the owner/manager?
From what I have heard, it is the attendees who make the profit. They bill for 800, charge 1000, 200 rupees goes straight into their pockets. The bunk owner stand to lose a lot, lot more if such risks backfire.
Old 3rd August 2014, 15:29   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Recently, I asked a bunk called Vinod Enterprises near Mysore Road, Bangalore to fill up my car for Rs. 1000. There were 2 attendants, say A and B.

A set the meter to 0 and began to fill fuel while B took my card to make the payment. In a while, A decided to stop at 200. B tells him that I asked for Rs. 1000, so B decides to continue filling. At this moment, B asks me if my card has a PIN. I turn my head to say no. After a while, A stops at 800. I ask him why is he stopping at 800, he needs to stop at 1000. He tells me that he reset the meter. I said no you didn't. He says he did. To confirm, I check the range in my car, it shows the range exactly for 10L. 2.5L short of what I should've gotten.

So I ask them for 2 receipts. Since they claimed they filled for 200 and then 800, give me both receipts. They reached out for a handheld book. I told them I wanted the receipt that will be printed by the fuel dispenser. Once I began to insist, he asked me what the problem was, I told that I have been fuelled for Rs. 800 and not Rs. 1000. He understood he was caught and then prompty filled for the remaining 200!
I have experienced this multiple times. Now a days what I do is, when the guy stops for the first time, I pay only for that much and leave to avoid getting cheated/having any arguments with those idiots.
For e.g, if I ask for Rs.500 of petrol and he fills up for 100 as if he heard it wrong, I pay 100 and leave and fill up somewhere else.
So these days, I just visit Shell once in two weeks and fill up the tank. I'm sick of all these IOC, HP and BP bunks and the attitude of the guys who work there esp. the ones near my place.
theredliner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 09:15   #906
Senior - BHPian

This is a common practice everywhere. I experienced it in Bangalore and Pune.

When you go to a pump, don't take your eyes from dispenser meter even if the attendants try to sell something, tell about offers, windshield cleaning etc etc.
Old 25th August 2014, 13:52   #907
Senior - BHPian

This is not related to the trustworthiness of fuel pumps as such, but:

Yesterday I filled in my car #1 at the HPCL pump near Cosmos Mall in Brookefield; price was 77.34. This morning I filled in my car #2 at the HPCL pump near Manipal Hospital; price was 77.26. Why is there a difference? Different taxation schemes? I don't think they lowered petrol price between yesterday and today.
Old 25th August 2014, 16:39   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I have been singing paeans about the HSR 19th main IOC bunk; not this time...

Still confused.
I went to fill up petrol for the dio. There was no queue; I mentioned to the attendant 300 and went to open the seat and the lid. He took off the dispenser and casually came to fill and asked me cash or card, while just as I glance at the meter, it shows 77.xx or something close. Getting caught, now he proceeded to reset and asked me to "see" zero.

Then an i20 was filling diesel at the same dispenser where I presume I got cheated, and three monkeys (for want of a better word) were trying their best to distract the owner/driver by pointing him towards the air checking point.

I am now convinced that I got cheated the other day, because as of now I have covered 250 km in the ecosport and about 3/4 of the tank remaining which translates to a minimum of 16+ kmpl.

however the loss on the other day was not much- must have been about 350 or so.

Bhpians, beware.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 17:27   #909
BHPian

I got duped in a similar fashion at the HP petrol bunk, opp to the HSR layout BDA complex. The attendant over there swindled couple of hundred bucks by talking about some stupid Payback points and distracted me.

Guys, be watchful of these cheap tricks...
Old 15th September 2014, 17:43   #910
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Eager to check the mileage of the Ecosport diesel, i tanked it up again at the aforementioned HSR bunk;
Did you ask for the automated bill? Because if he gives you the bill, he wont get his cut? Or is there a way to bypass that part as well?
Old 15th September 2014, 19:34   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Did you ask for the automated bill? Because if he gives you the bill, he wont get his cut? Or is there a way to bypass that part as well?
I asked and they said they can provide only a hand written bill. I went ahead and got that as well.

Today went to fill petrol, and there was a heavy queue of all sorts of cabs waiting to fill diesel there.
Old 15th September 2014, 20:05   #912
BHPian

Quote:
I have been singing paeans about the HSR 19th main IOC bunk; not this time.
I guess this is the one near to the Purva Heights. I have always been overly cautious using this bunk.

Quote:
4) I paid off and came, but no way the 1.5 tdci can give 210/16 = 13.125 kmpl, as it is purely a 4 lane road with 80-90 kmph speeds. It always gives ~20 kmpl through rough estimates.

Still confused.
Though this road is smooth 4 lane road, it is uphill all the way, climbing the Deccan plateau. So the mileage will always be less towards Bangalore, compared to the other way. For me the difference is 3kmpl, ~18.5 downhill and ~15.5 uphill (Palio 1.2).
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 22:52   #913
Distinguished - BHPian

They say that the Automated bill is only available till the next filling starts
Old 1st October 2014, 20:08   #914
BHPian

Stay away from the Indian Oil Bunk in HSR Layout - 19 Main (Next to Purva Vantage)

It was fine for the last 2 years but now I've noticed they are pulling fast ones.

Case 1 - Some time in Aug

I go in my XUV - and say "full tank". The guy fills up to INR 300 and says "Saar 300?" I pay him 300 and leave.

Case 2 - Sometime in Sept

I go in my M800 and say "full tank". The guy fills up to INR 500 and stops and says "Saar 500?" . This time I ask him to stop, give the bill for 500 and then start again tofill petrol for a full tank.

Case 3 - Today.

Asked for a tankful for the XUV, another attendant distracts me (biggest mistake) for some IOC Gift Scheme. I see the pump stopped at INR 1500 - paid the bill and didn't think much. I reach home (hardly 500 meters away) and noticed the fuel gauge - it was one bar short of a "full tank"

Never again will I use this pump~! Going to tank up at either the HP Bunk near BDA or the Shell Bunks at Varathur/Bellandur.
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:42   #915
BHPian

New method by the cheats. This I experienced during my latest refill at South-end circle. I thought they would recognise me by now since I go there almost every week for a tankfull. But no dice, have to be on our guard at every pump.
It goes like this. You ask for a full tank. There is a visible change in the reactions. The team of cons assemble faster. Con1 resets the meter and asks you to see the zero. Ok, you say and nod your head. He goes to the tank and puts the gun in. Now you are relieved that he doesn't try to fool you,but wait! Con 2 approaches for your card. You look at him. When your attention is diverted Con 1 who hasn't started filling your tank, creeps back to the pump and presses the 'previous reading' button. (I turned to con1 at the creeping back point itself, so what happens next is my take on how it'd go for a less vigil person). On posting the previous reading button the last filed value comes up say rs200. Con1 goes back to the gun and starts pumping from there. You turn back from your distraction from con2 and see nothing amiss, as the tank is getting filled to full. You go away wondering whatever happened to your beloved's mileage.
The number of times and variations of tricks tried out on me has made me super cautious. Not going to a pump because of these tricks does not help, because you are just as likely to get ripped off at another pump. Just be more vigilant in your monthly outing to petrol pumps
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks