Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 13:20   #391
Team-BHP Support

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The Shell pumps do not have the facility for PUC, right?

I need to get one done for my Corsa, is the one at the HP pump (trusted pump in front of Knightbridge, BEML layout) good?
I got the PUC made for my car from there. Cost me 50 bucks, then.
Old 12th July 2011, 14:15   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I got the PUC made for my car from there. Cost me 50 bucks, then.
It costs 75 bucks now; and the guy doing it is extremely irritating.

Had it been raining today, I'd have completed 2 rain dances by the time he would have filled out the basic form on the computer.

And the Certificate you get here is a print out on a plain sheet; unlike the green template which has all the fields and only the specific car details come out printed.
Old 12th July 2011, 15:28   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
HP petrol pump at Mekhri circle is good. My experience here has been nice.
You are talking about Ganganagar HP right just before mekhri circle. Yes there are reliable but very small bunk for the cars to move in and out.

A small query- How many people prefer HP instead of IOCL

Last edited by rki2007 : 12th July 2011 at 15:29.
Old 12th July 2011, 15:51   #394
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
It costs 75 bucks now; and the guy doing it is extremely irritating.

Had it been raining today, I'd have completed 2 rain dances by the time he would have filled out the basic form on the computer.

And the Certificate you get here is a print out on a plain sheet; unlike the green template which has all the fields and only the specific car details come out printed.
Guess times have changed, then.
Another nearby option in that case would be the HP bunk @ Marathalli, near Brand Factory.
Old 12th July 2011, 15:56   #395
BHPian

Re: Honest bunk attendents !

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@RaguHolla, Thanks !

Contrary to what one sees at most bunks, I have found the attendents at this IOC bunk in Banashankari opp the bus stand to be an exception. One incident: I filled some diesel on my way to the railway station in the morning, but was pre-occupied and did not collect about 500/- from the attendent. Went back when returning home, and asked the attendent. He said he was not sure, but asked me to come back the next day (so that he can tally his cash at the end of his shift). There was no point fighting with him, esp with the factual way he responded - and hence I went home. I returned the next day and asked him - and I was actually pleasantly surprised when he gave me back the money - and did not even ask me for a tip.
Apparently I share the same: I had left my glasses on the table while paying thru my card, when I went thr the next day I was surprised that they had kept it safe & they returned by just asking me couple off qs just to make sure I was the owner...
Old 12th July 2011, 16:00   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

@CRN12, which bunk was this ?

Then again, glasses is one thing. Cash is another. Have not been so luck with other bunks, even for small amounts.
Old 12th July 2011, 16:48   #397
BHPian

@CONDOR
IOC bunk in Banashankari - opp the bus stand
Old 12th September 2011, 20:51   #398
BHPian

The HP petrol pump before Delmia Circle is a cheat. Please be cautious always.
Tricks they use -
A guy will come in front of you to block the view of reading just to ask useless - "Cash or Card Saar", even though you might have informed him already.So better get down and stand infront of the guy who is filling the fuel.
Also, tell him in very clear and precise words to fill only till autocut not a penny more. They dupe customers by always trying to fill extra over autocut though it doesn't put any petrol actually.

If you have a 2 wheeler too then be prepared to fill petrol worth 299.37/299.87/299.67/* etc if you have asked for 300, never the exact 300 unless you force him to punch him.

Last the attitude of people there is not to my liking. On requesting to punch fuel price they sometimes outright refuse.
Old 13th September 2011, 19:00   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Also, tell him in very clear and precise words to fill only till autocut not a penny more. They dupe customers by always trying to fill extra over autocut though it doesn't put any petrol actually.
I don't think this is true. As long as the lever on the gun is lifted - there is a flow of fuel. Unless there is a nerd among them who can tweak that. I don't think they can make air run the meters with the electronic systems. It probably was possible with the manual ones.
Old 16th September 2011, 19:27   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I don't think this is true. As long as the lever on the gun is lifted - there is a flow of fuel. Unless there is a nerd among them who can tweak that. I don't think they can make air run the meters with the electronic systems. It probably was possible with the manual ones.
Well you may be right.
Or perhaps I was misinformed.
Old 16th September 2011, 20:05   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

HP in JP nagar ring road - CIty Service Station

Quote:
acroback : The HP petrol pump before Delmia Circle is a cheat. ... A guy will come in front of you to block the view of reading just to ask useless - "Cash or Card Saar",
Have never had this happen. Instead, I have had to wait for them to come back after they start the auto-mode filling. My experience there - the pump attendent handles two vehicles, while the cash collector does the billing etc.

Also, that bunk is very popular. Very often, a que of vehicles. Even at 7 am (transport & cabs etc), or during the day. If he was cheating, then so many people would not have come there.

Quote:
acroback : ... dupe customers by always trying to fill extra over autocut though it doesn't put any petrol actually.
How did you ever get this information ? Havent you got a top-up done ? I always get a top-up done, which ever vehicle I take. It is too easy to see the addnl fuel going in - because with auto-cut-off, the fuel level in the tank is somewhere inside the neck, but I get a top-up, the fuel level is brought up to the cap. And you can definitely see the fuel going in (since the nozzle is now held at the neck).
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 21:15   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
The HP petrol pump before Delmia Circle is a cheat. Please be cautious always.
Are you referring to HP Pump which is 250 mts before delmia circle or Indian Oil (it was IBP) which is just before the signal?

Because HP Pump is good and never faced any issue for the past 4 yrs
Old 18th September 2011, 12:15   #403
BHPian

I have been re-fueling my car from Shell Petrol Bunk near IFB factory (after Graphite India) and I am really happy with their service & sincerity. The quality of petrol used is a notch better (or may be they don't tamper the meter) resulting in higher mileage.
Any feedback on the petrol pump to the left after Hoodi Junction, on the way to ITPL ?
Old 11th October 2011, 11:43   #404
BHPian

I have received same mileage when ever i have filled in Shell OMR and IOC near Indiranagar RTO. If shell prices are more then it IOC indiranagar where there is no cheating. But there is a HPCL near Bagmane Tech Park - close to DRDO township entrance. Not good experience there regarding fueling my car - like same old tactics inspite being a COCO bunk, but when i took my RX for a engine oil & 2T oil change the service was good.
Old 11th October 2011, 13:37   #405
mgh
BHPian

I was an IOC fan till I was in Pondy, on my visits to Bangalore, I used to fill either at IOC on Old Madras Road near NGEF Road, or on Hosur Road. Continued to use those after moving to Bangalore.
Later an IOC opened next to Diamond District, very near my place, so I started patronising that. Earlier had an Indica DLX 2000, did not notice any problems. Now have an Indica V2 Turbo DLX. Due to some problems I faced in FE with the turbo, I switched to the BP pump opposite Manipal Hospital, based on recommendations in this thread. Peace has reigned since then.
People here have said that the BP bunk on Jeevan Bheema Nagar Main Road is also reliable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks