Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 20:00   #301
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Today I filled petrol in my new Gypsy at the IOC pump just after Leela Palace on Old Airport road.

since october this year, guess I got 91 octane? But is all fuel now unleaded?
Sorry for quoting an old post. The guys in the early morning there are real rascals. We went to fill up the i10 on my birthday. My dad asked the guy thrice for the bill, and the 4th time, he was like "you want the bill sir?". He had it and my dad gave him a mouthful. As if this was not enough, the guy replied "No talking nonsense you simply" . I had enough and started belting him. Many attendants gathered around our car, and in the end, I was threatening him as if I was a Goonda from a Kannada film. Otherwise, the afternoon and evening "shift" guys are OK, and no problems with them. But service is really slow as these guys seem a bit lazy.
Old 4th April 2011, 17:29   #302
BHPian

Indian Oil @ kalyan nagar (Behind Snap fitness)

I was low on cash and i wanted to top-up. Forgot my CC so asked the guy if paying by debit card would incur any charges. I confirmed with the main guy thrice and he said no charges. Guess what, therez a charge that i am now in talks with the bank. My mistake in the 1st place. Lot of cars behind so could call up bank to confirm if this pump fits in.

2nd time - The standard attention diversion trick. One guy put the hose in, another guy came from the other side asking cash / card. Mind on high-alert - without even looking at the guy (was looking at the meter) told him cash. "sir go for card", "xtra miles....blah blah". Didnt even look at the other guy

During refill - asked if it had auto cut-off ? Guy said yes. 2mins later - overflow. I was mad & asked him WT* - he told sir its not working. Sensor issue.

I really like HP bunk near Thoms bakery
Old 4th April 2011, 18:25   #303
Team-BHP Support

I recently filled at the HPCL petrol pump in front of Knights Bridge, near CMRIT.

Most of the staff there (and all for the 4-wheelers) is female and quite courteous. I was surprised when the attendant started off with a Namaste.

Check for 0, auto cut-off, everything went good. There are 2-3 of those drop-down fuel dispensers too so slight flexibility.

One thing that bothers me though - they don't seem to have a conventional credit card swipe machine. I guess it is customized (like in shops like Shoppers Stop et al where the credit card reader is attached to the monitor). Hope there are no chances of abuse there.

Also, they should have the windshield cleaning facility.
Old 11th April 2011, 13:13   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I really like HP bunk near Thoms bakery
Isn't that a BP fuel station on corner where you turn towards Thoms Bakery?
Even I felt they are one of the best in the city. The guys talk too much which gives us a false feeling of distraction tactic, but still good service.
Old 11th April 2011, 13:22   #305
Senior - BHPian

I've found the BP bunk at Hulimavu gate to be pretty decent. No nonsense kind of service and yet quite polite. Often the owner of the bunk is there supervising the line of cars. I have switched to this bunk (and the one next to Manyata) after the Shell petrol hike.
Old 11th April 2011, 14:28   #306
BHPian

I am a regular to the COCO IOC bunk in BTM 2nd stage. Their fuel quality and service is very good. Never had any issue.

Recently I tried the HP pump at HSR Signal (Vrishabdari) and found them good too.

My experience with the IOC bunk at Agara (beside the BMTC depot) and the BPCL pump near the HSR Police station are not so good.

Generally the tank up for my Fiesta (now Classic??) will take about 38-39 liters in the first two pumps, but it went around 42-43 liters in the latter two pumps.

The attitude of the Advaith pump attendants in the first encounter was good enough reason for me not to visit them again in the last 8 years.

P.S.: I always fill up when the DTE is in the range of 100-80 kms.
Old 11th April 2011, 18:21   #307
BHPian

The guys at the HP petrol pump on Dr Rajkumar road are always up with the short-fillinf tricks. They tried once on me, i had them drain my bike of all the fuel and came up 1 ltr short. Second time, I didnt bother looking at the cash guy when he started asking me "Sir, do you have imint card?" he didnt give up and kept asking me "Sir..." "Sir... you want for 200 or 5 ltrs" all the while the guy at the pump didnt start fillinf the fuel.

Had to warn them that their tricks dont work on me. Suggest you to stay alert if you happen to visit this place.

Also, can anyone tell be of good fuel pump near HSR Sec 2?
Old 11th April 2011, 18:49   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
quadra : I really like HP bunk near Thoms bakery
Holyghost : Isn't that a BP fuel station on corner where you turn towards Thoms Bakery?
Even I felt they are one of the best in the city.
It's a BP bunk. It's a COCO bunk, so the quality / quantity should be good.
Old 14th April 2011, 09:54   #309
BHPian

I have been a regular Shell customer but owing to their rising prices had to switch over to psu for my last couple of refills. Its really annoying to see them unleash their bag full of tricks
Last fill was at HP in Basavanagudi near KR park. I have a strong feeling that they fill less fuel.

Last edited by karty_83 : 14th April 2011 at 10:01.
Old 14th April 2011, 10:08   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlYamaha View Post
The attitude of the Advaith pump attendants in the first encounter was good enough reason for me not to visit them again in the last 8 years.
Gone for good! These advaith morons tried their cheap trick on me once. I raised an alert and that got them on their senses, they filled in the remaining amount promptly. I never go there from then on.
Old 18th April 2011, 20:16   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

The Indian Oil pump on mysore road(towards mysore) just before shell is very good.Have been filling there since 10 years and have found the service to be very good.No cheating,no cheap tricks.And the fuel quality seems very good too.I haven't noticed any difference in smoothness or mileage when i shifted to shell while the prices were on par with PSU pumps.So can say the fuel quality is as good as shell.Not once have i had any problem from filling in that pump.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 18th April 2011 at 20:18.
Old 18th April 2011, 20:51   #312
BHPian

The Indian Oil Bunk just outside Manyata Embassy Park off ORR is quite decent. I get a shell like service at IOL prices.
bandlimitedlife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2011, 21:40   #313
BHPian

Is the bunk opposite Baghmane Tech park being converted to a COCO bunk ? Today evening, while passing the same, saw a board which tells" this bunk is a COCO bunk, monitored by company official". Any news on the same ?
Old 19th April 2011, 09:47   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I recently filled at the HPCL petrol pump in front of Knights Bridge, near CMRIT.
I have been using their services for close to 5 years now, although its a little less these days, as i dont use that road too often now. I can vouch for their good service, as well as efficiency. Thumbs up to them.
Old 19th April 2011, 11:00   #315
BHPian

Short fueling is done @ Matt's Petrol Pump (HP). Beware!!!!
Sadly, I was a victim of it :( which I realized only after I had refuel earlier than what I used to.

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 19th April 2011 at 11:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks