Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2024, 11:44   #1
BHPian

Car Wash, Detailing, Painting, PPF/Ceramic and lots of passion | Guy Car Steamer (Bangalore)

Back in 2022 when I purchased a pre-owned car, wanted to get the minor paint imperfections corrected and a thorough detailing. Although there are many well known detailers based in Bangalore, I wanted a shop which is relatively near my home and does a good job within a budget. I am not into swanky shops with free coffee and leather sofas and was looking for a person/shop who knows his/their job well without all the glitz and associated prices that come with it.

The search continued until during one of our Sunday morning drives found that a fellow group member and an enthusiast himself, runs a shop not very far away from my home.

The shop (Guy Car Steamer) is in Haralur Road and they do regular car wash, painting, detailing, PPF/Ceramic coatings and Sun Films.

Services availed:

Painting bonnet and front bumper. Had lots of stone chips due to highway drives. Painting was done using top shelf imported paints (Glasurit in my case). I was fully satisfied, so much that I agreed to get the bonnet and bumper PPF (Stek) coated to retain the finish as much as possible. Rest of the car was paint corrected and ceramic coated, including alloys.

I also got sunfilm (Stek) installed all around. These are the transparent ones, but have high heat and UV rejection. This is in a different league compared to 3M that i have in my other car. I had an upcoming long trip and helped me a lot in the scorching April heat while crossing AP, OD and WB. And no issues from cops - have travelled across 14 states in last 2.5 years.

Few weeks back my truck also underwent a similar paint correction with few panels getting repainted. My obvious choice was Guy Car Steamer and they did live upto my expectation. The pearl white really popped out after the team worked on the car. Attaching few snaps at the end of the post.

Recently he helped few people restore their alloys (diamond cut) to their former glory. He personally helped me acquire a hard to get electronic part for my VW.

What i Liked:
•⁠ ⁠Car is washed with "softened” water. They have a dedicated water softener plant
•⁠ ⁠Sonax Profiline paint correction and protection products used. He deals in Stek and few other brands as well
•⁠ ⁠Attention to detail by the boys doing the work
•⁠ ⁠Owner is an IT guy who runs this shop out of passion. He personally does checks at multiple stages to ensure work done is perfect
•⁠ ⁠No upselling. I wanted to repaint a particular panel and he said not required and he will try to sand and polish it to the best possible outcome
•⁠ ⁠Pricing - very competitive
•⁠ ⁠Nice cosy air conditioned space to sit and chat about cars/bikes etc.
•⁠ ⁠Plenty of tea/coffee/food options nearby in case you wish to wait and see your car being worked on

Owner: Shrey

Disclaimer: I am not associated in any way with this business.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Wash, Detailing, Painting, PPF/Ceramic and lots of passion | Guy Car Steamer (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20240801-11.34.02.jpeg  

Car Wash, Detailing, Painting, PPF/Ceramic and lots of passion | Guy Car Steamer (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20240801-11.35.13.jpeg  

Car Wash, Detailing, Painting, PPF/Ceramic and lots of passion | Guy Car Steamer (Bangalore)-img_5195.jpg  

Car Wash, Detailing, Painting, PPF/Ceramic and lots of passion | Guy Car Steamer (Bangalore)-img_5201.jpg  

Car Wash, Detailing, Painting, PPF/Ceramic and lots of passion | Guy Car Steamer (Bangalore)-img_5198.jpg  

hyper-VTEC is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks