Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2024, 17:31   #1
BHPian

Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)

I own a 2020 Altroz that has sustained some damage, including:
  • A long scratch across the front left fender, dating back to January 2022. I have no idea how it happened since it was parked. The priming remained intact, but the paint had peeled off.
  • Several scratches on the front left bumper, a late 2023 gift from a motorist rushing into the right lane after making a left turn. Although there were several spots where the black plastic was visible, neither car sustained any significant damage because the traffic was stop-and-go.
  • A stone chip dent on the front left door, dating back to 2022.
  • Paint corrosion and rusting on the front left door panel, immediately below the mirror, and within the front right door side panel. A result of the poor paint quality of the first batches of the Altroz

I did not attempt any DIY remedies available on the internet or in forums since the damages were beyond the capabilities of DIY repairs.

Recently, I had my car washed at one of the detailing studios in my neighbourhood, and they really amazed me by the efficiency with which they cleaned some good old scale markings in a single wash. After a nice, friendly chat with their (the detailing studio) proprietor, I decided to have my car ceramic coated. I'd intended to have it for a long time but kept putting it off for various reasons.

That necessitated repairing the scratches and rust before sending the vehicle for ceramic coating. I asked the detailing studio, our apartment residents, and Google Maps for tips on trustworthy body shops.

My search led me to Trust Motors. They are located close to where I stay and have received positive feedback (4.9 stars out of 52 reviews at the time of writing this thread).

I met with Mr. Sandeep, for an estimate and obtained quite reasonable rates on the repairs and paint. He also assured me that he was going to use the exact same colour code as that on the car.

The estimate for repairing the scratches, rusting on the exterior, and a tiny dent, as well as painting, was INR 9000. The interior rust treatment was complimentary.

This was almost half the estimate I was given by Tata Motors, which was INR 16000 excluding taxes.

I gave my car for repair in the morning of May 28th and received it back by the evening of May 29th. They even had the car washed by the detailer that I talked about earlier.

The service quality exceeded my expectations and was truly remarkable.

Here are some photos for reference:
Left bumper: Before
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-left_bumper_before.jpeg

Left bumper: After
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-left_bumper_after.jpeg

Left fender: Before
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-left_fender_before.jpeg

Left fender: After
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-left_fender_after.jpeg

Left door dent: Before
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-left_dent_before.jpeg

Left door dent: After
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-left_dent_after.jpeg

Left door corrosion: Before
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-left_corrosion_before.jpeg

Left door corrosion: After
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-left_corrosion_after.jpeg

Right door corrosion: Before
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-right_corrosion_before.jpeg

Right door corrosion: After
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-right_corrosion_after.jpeg

Before repairs
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-before.jpeg

After repairs
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-after.jpeg

They had also shared a GST e-invoice via WhatsApp using vyaparapp.in.

For those looking for economical, dependable car body work, repair, and maintenance in South Bangalore (near Hulimavu/BTM layout/Bommanahalli), this is a business that offers good value.

Advantages (based on my personal experience):
  • Quality of work done
  • Cost-effective rates
  • Quick service time

To reach them, call at +91 819-755-5369 or email to customer.trustmotors2021@gmail.com

Here's the Google Maps location as well https://maps.app.goo.gl/6TPnShcQfpAc8aEY7
Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)-trust_motors.jpg

P.S:
  • The finishing and restoration processes may vary depending on the extent and location of the damage. You can refer to the images posted.
  • Have a detailed discussion with the individual involved (in my instance, Mr. Sandeep) about the process and materials involved so that both sides are aligned with the scope of work and expected outcome.
  • I have no affiliation with the garage. I am a delighted client who felt compelled to share the experience with our Team-BHP members.

Last edited by sarkankur : 7th July 2024 at 23:27.
sarkankur is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 06:26   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Body Repair & Painting at Trust Motors, Hulimavu (Bengaluru)

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 13:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hardly ever do we see a post/thread appreciating work done on our cars! It's great to see some positive feedback. Also, others will find the contact details useful for their own works as well.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 17:51   #4
BHPian

Appears to be good value for money.

Surprised by the prices actually- is the whole panel not painted? If it's a patch only - how has he been able to match the shade so well?

What type of setup do they have? Is it an indoor paint booth - free from outside dust?

I had to look wide to get a good denter-painter with a closed off paint booth.
Old 8th July 2024, 18:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenerPlanet View Post
Appears to be good value for money.

Surprised by the prices actually- is the whole panel not painted? If it's a patch only - how has he been able to match the shade so well?

What type of setup do they have? Is it an indoor paint booth - free from outside dust?

I had to look wide to get a good denter-painter with a closed off paint booth.
The entire left door and fender panels were repainted.
The left half of the front bumper was repainted.
Only the corrosion on the right door was patched because it was on the inside.

The paint booth is an enclosed area. I wouldn't call it a contamination-free zone or an ideal configuration with exhaust fans and sealed doors, etc., but it does a good job for the price.

I did not take pictures inside because Google Maps' images cover the entire area, including the paint booth.
sarkankur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 19:02   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkankur View Post
I own a 2020 Altroz that has sustained some damage, including:
The paint job looks really good to be honest and the FNG shop has done a fantastic job. It will be really helpful if you could throw some light on the reason for rusting on the door panels.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th July 2024 at 19:33. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote selectively as a large quoted post inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
Old 8th July 2024, 22:41   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevs View Post
The paint job looks really good to be honest and the FNG shop has done a fantastic job. It will be really helpful if you could throw some light on the reason for rusting on the door panels.
There could be several explanations for the paint corrosion, or perhaps all of them are to blame.
  1. Poor paint quality: several Altroz consumers from the initial batches have complained about the paint quality. Most of them were regarding corrosion, paint chips, etc.
  2. The car spent two years in Chennai's Velachery, where it was exposed to harsh water and humidity. I used to clean it only when it was dirty and always used PH-neutral shampoos, but I had no control over the salinity of the water.
  3. Then it spent another 1.5 years in Bangalore, where it was subjected to rain and harsh water, leaving white scales on the car's hard-to-reach areas.
  4. I became busy and hired someone to do the washing and cleaning once a week if the car was unclean; while he claims to use the same 3M shampoo, I have no control over how he does it, so that could be a contributing factor.

By the end of 2023, these were little visible corrosions, which grew into eye-sores by May 2024.
sarkankur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 09:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkankur View Post
My search led me to Trust Motors. They are located close to where I stay and have received positive feedback (4.9 stars out of 52 reviews at the time of writing this thread).

I met with Mr. Sandeep, for an estimate and obtained quite reasonable rates on the repairs and paint. He also assured me that he was going to use the exact same colour code as that on the car.
Thanks for sharing. My wife's Ignis needs some body work and paint correction and good to see that Trust motors is close to my residence. Will check it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks