Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2023, 09:40   #181
BHPian

Re: Love, War & Team-BHP : Economic Times Article

Thanks for bumping this thread. I have been following TeamBhp for dogs years now and if there is one thing I am certain about then, its the integrity of the reviews and posts. The careful vetting of content has made it reach a certain respectability that is hard to come by except with constant and consistent work. This article is testament to that work and I want to thank you guys for helping out many like me in solving many of our automotive doubts and issues, be it technical or otherwise. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 15:39   #182
BHPian

Hi Team-BHP

Am a newbie (as a member), my first post (that of appreciation for Team-BHP).

You helped me plan my first Ladakh trip over 15 years ago and my second car around the same time.

I have lived in six countries, met numerous auto enthusiasts and connected with many digital platforms. Its my true and humble opinion that Team BHP is yet to be matched!!

Team-BHP 'Congrats' on this unmatched effort and 'Thanks' for this opportunity to be a part of the team.

Hope we commandeer a global platform in the near future!

Regards
LiveLife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 10:04   #183
BHPian

I just got accepted as a member to Team-BHP today (15/1/2024). I have been greatly helped by the quality of reviews and posts on here.

I have always wondered how the forum maintains a high quality of written English - when, in my experience of over 30 years - it's actually rare to find people who can string together a coherent sentence.

I give credit to the moderators who ensure the quality of this site making it useful & enjoyable for people - and a force to reckon with.

P.S. I love the no-nonsense, no-frills BBS style of this forum - which removes all the clutter and bloat of web 3.0.

Congratulations to this team!
ChristComesSoon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 17:05   #184
BHPian

Hello all. This is Samarth from a small city in Rajasthan, India.
I'm a biker, and although I can drive cars, I don't consider myself a true-blue cager (I'm not sure what I'd call a car lover, correct me if a better word exists).

I own a 2013 Duke 390, the original, irreplacable one, and some of you might recall me as a moderator from another forum, which again has a "bhp" in its name too.
Anyhow, I've always been thankful to the admin of this other forum for the position, however, I couldn't use my position much in the offline world, due to being from a small city with a population of (still) under 6.5 Lakhs people. I would've loved to review stuff, attend media meets, or so, but I guess it was not meant for me.

As I've just around few months of active use and around 200 posts, my review of Tbhp as a third party, non biased person is, starting with positives:-
1. The rules of the forum are by no means tough or stringent, for any normal person who is not into destroying others, or carrying hidden agendas. And of course, its there to maintain an ideal environment.

2. The initial registration and the personalised approval is a natural for anyone who is himself a human being and wants to interact with humans. No complaints at all.

3. We're already been tracked extensively by all means, so Web 1.0 isn't a deterrent. If anything, it results in a positive world where anyone can fearlessly play a part.

4. I haven't checked many articles yet, but the knowledge base & discussion here is extensive, at least in terms of cars.

5. Teambhp stands for some good values & activism in the offline world too, the examples of which are seen in the past.

Cons (more like suggestions):-
1. Although the administration is apparently unbiased towards 2 wheels and bikers do exist here, the word "Biker" often gets slightly sub-par treatment with the other members. Its easy to find members commenting 'bikers are rowdy', without listing exceptions, or more conveniently 'bikes are inherently unsafe', and such posts easily getting 10 or so likes from others who agree. Like car enthusiasts, bikers are a community too. A little bit more of a sensitive effort to invite bikers and even cyclists into the pool would be great.
I might be overemphasising on it though, considering how each member is free to keep his opinion, and the admin musn't, shouldn't silence opinions.

I admit, its more of a suggestion to members, than the administration itself.

2. I've always had this idea that from the genuine content from a forum, an encyclopedia of links can be made. Something that's more easily searchable with relevance to the situation at hand.
Samarth 619 is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 16:35   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In today's Economic Times - Brand Equity section (click image to read the high-res version):
Attachment 1802200

As a member since 2008, I might have the least number of posts on the forum. But I have rarely missed reading an article since then (16 years!). Such is the influence that I cannot imagine a day without me visiting team-bhp.com, and I'm not exaggerating.
Wishing many happy returns of the day to this gem of a forum, and gratitude to GTO and company for maintaining the high standards of unbiased content through and through
unmesh is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks