Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2024, 13:08   #421
BHPian

Re: Official Gear : Team-BHP T-Shirts. UPDATE: V-Neck Tees Introduced (+ 3 New Colours - page 28)

Hello,

I just received the new t-shirts and unfortunately, I like the older round-neck ones better, I feel this one is way thinner and does not fit as well as the earlier ones.

The quality of the older ones is way better than any popular brand under 1k, maybe but can't say the same about this one or maybe it is just me.
hok kolorob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 16:41   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Official Gear : Team-BHP T-Shirts. UPDATE: V-Neck Tees Introduced (+ 3 New Colours - page 28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
What's definitely my new favourite colour; Nardo Grey - is now available on the round-necks with several of our print designs:
I wore my nardo gray T-shirt for the first time today and my wife liked the color. Her immediate reaction was that the color looks very good. Then she said and I quote, “this looks like the beautiful gray BMW we saw on the road the other day”. She is not a petrolhead at all and so, I was surprised by her statement . The Nardo Gray actually looks very good. It could do with some black lettering/print instead of the current gray ones.

Some members have pointed out that the new lot of T-shirts are thinner. I too felt it but I liked it for the same reason. With the increasing temperature throughout the year, the previous T-shirts felt a little thick at times. The new ones are even more breathable. Let’s see how they fare in the long run.

Last edited by ashis89 : 21st June 2024 at 16:43.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 18:25   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

The new colours indeed look fabulous and I also concur with fellow members that the quality of the fabric is now finer than what it was before. That might not be a bad thing after all but the long term durability remains to be seen. The earlier lot are tried and tested for durability and hence this wonderful confusion
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 15:40   #424
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTK View Post
The tshirt fit is so good and I am emphasizing on this because my current built is quite muscular and most of the round neck tshirt doesn't fit my body perfectly(sometimes it's either too tight around chest, and some times its too loose).
Glad to hear that!

We worked really hard on the making the best fit, in fact so much so that one day (on the 6th round of sampling - ie. 30-36th piece) our manufacturer called me and yelled at me saying he wasn't going to make any more samples. Anyway, the next day he apologized, and thankfully that was our last sample set needed

More info about fit in post #5 here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
The stitching and the branding is top notch but looks like the fabric quality has taken a hit. It feels thinner and lighter in hand compared to the previous ones I have - and is prone to losing shape.

Not sure if it is indeed the case or if the lighter colors are fooling my brain (my earlier purchases were black and dark gray).
The choice of darker or lighter colours can certainly affect fabric density and garment weight by a few grams.

That said - regarding the durability of the fabic, this is really top-notch material, and tried-and-tested by other huge brands that also get the same fabric from the same textile mill.

Years ago I was also a believer that thicker/more-solid feeling = more durable. That was until I had to buy an alumni tee from my college which was made of really thin material. That turned out to be one of the best T-Shirts I ever owned, and outlasted everything else... which opened my eyes to the reality that a well constructed thinner single-jersey can way outlast thicker versions.

Ironically just 2 days ago I was reading a (kind of weirdly written) blog posthttps://tirupurexportcompany.com/how...ness-in-india/, which had the following picture and I was reminiscing about the old mindset I had of thicker=more durable:
Official Gear : Team-BHP T-Shirts. UPDATE: V-Neck Tees Introduced (+ 3 New Colours - page 28)-20240622-screenshot-03.34pm-10734.png

Anyway, the proof is in the pudding - so let's see how they fare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hok kolorob View Post
I feel this one is way thinner and does not fit as well as the earlier ones.
Regarding fit, our sizing & cut pattern haven't really changed since day 1. That said, 100% cotton can shrink and change shape a bit over time - so it's possible that your new tees might need a few wash & wear cycles to match up to your older set which I guess is well worn-in by now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Then she said and I quote, “this looks like the beautiful gray BMW we saw on the road the other day”. She is not a petrolhead at all and so, I was surprised by her statement.
Haha... glad to get that confirmation. Was briefly hesitant to call this colour "Nardo Grey" since it's on the lighter side of the Nardo-Grey range, but it really does look similar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The Nardo Gray actually looks very good. It could do with some black lettering/print instead of the current gray ones.
Was considering this a few days ago... Will do some tests and evaluate.
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks