Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 10:38   #46
BHPian

Jeep AC Setup

Here you go Spike:

My 540DP Restoration II (Very Short Thread)-dscn0550.jpg

My 540DP Restoration II (Very Short Thread)-dscn0551.jpg

My 540DP Restoration II (Very Short Thread)-dscn0552.jpg

Put in a new water pump recently from TVS. The engine temp is absolutely steady with full ac in peak summer peak traffic. Nice:

My 540DP Restoration II (Very Short Thread)-dscn0553.jpg

My 540DP Restoration II (Very Short Thread)-dscn0554.jpg

My 540DP Restoration II (Very Short Thread)-dscn0555.jpg

The smoothening of the shroud hacked to accomodate pulley and belt has been on my to do list for a while now:

My 540DP Restoration II (Very Short Thread)-dscn0556.jpg

My 540DP Restoration II (Very Short Thread)-dscn0557.jpg
Old 24th June 2011, 03:20   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 540DP Restoration II (Very Short Thread)

Great looking Jeep Rohit, not fair that you're selling it or is it sold. Ive been meeting up and eating Steiger's brains for advise and what not. Hes been advising me non stop, almost 24x7 and thanks to him i have a great Power Steering job installed in 24 hrs on my MM. Next, a roll cage as the mechanical work goes on and then the soft top, a two part job, removable, in case i want it off either front, rear or both.

Then the A/c, interiors etc etc. have a thread on it for you to visit and offer advise as you've been there, done that!!
Hope fully you wont get a buyer for your jeep so that you can retain it but i dont think finding a buyer for this pristine piece of love would be at all difficult.
Old 24th June 2011, 17:41   #48
BHPian

Gogi

You are too kind mate. I have been asking steiger to do my power steering conversion through Chander for a long time now. He refuses for all the reasons that he has tried to dissuade you also. Finally I just put skinny tyres on. Lets see how they perform in the MGE tomorrow

Chander did my 2wd to 4wd swap last year, in 2 days. He is a gem!!

I have been following your thread religiously and Steiger has been keeping me up to date. With all the Jeep guru's advising you I feel a bit awkward to offer my own 2 bits. I do have something to tell you about the color and soft top and interiors though. Maybe when we meet next. I want you drive my 'stock' 540DP. You will like it. Especially with the ac on full blast

It took 2 months of badgering Steiger to do my ac job. You have to be really persistent with him, for anything...
Old 25th June 2011, 03:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

I can be very convincing. Whenever he says he will do it in a day or tow, i threaten to visit him at his garage and trouble him that does the trick. Maybe you should try it too. Jokes apart hes a real asset to have as a friend. Advises you through everything and enthusiastically too.

As regards the PS job, get it. Just go to Chander and tell him Stieger has sent you. He will not refuse and Stieger never has to know till he sees your jeep
Old 7th September 2011, 13:23   #50
BHPian

I have a complete 540DP engine that is the 2.2liter diesel, 4wd gearbox and transfer case that is available for sale. The engine is currently on my ride and is very reliable and strong. The gearbox is good, the tc will have to be looked at as i got it a while back but is not yet opened and checked

I am planning on upgrading my engine

Anyone interested please pm
Old 17th September 2011, 20:12   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53BHP View Post
I am planning on upgrading my engine

Anyone interested please pm
Why Sir, Any specific reason for the upgrade? AC? Engine power?
Old 16th March 2012, 14:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rohit, long time since you upgraded this thread. Did you finally get an engine transplant?
Old 25th May 2012, 20:27   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rohit, just to inform you, you should get the power steering install done asap. My install has been now over a year and its been through some serious OTRs and grueling recces and is working great (touch wood). Just visited Ramesh with Chander and told him i wanted a top like yours. He said he will use Korean material now. No quotes. He said he will quote when he takes my Jeep and not to worry he will be reasonable. Wonder how reasonable he will be. Will put up details on my thread when i send the Jeep to him in a day or so.

Give us an update on your vehicle please and get those MTs, we r going Off roading in July...MCUBE is here!!
Old 6th June 2012, 21:38   #54
BHPian

Hey

Ramesh does a good job, no doubt. Expect him to charge you 15k. Be careful if you want to expose the T bar like mine. There will be leakage issues. Atleast make an additional piece that velcros on top of the t bar during the rains

Chander is a good man. Originally found by Prakash Kinger of Atlas. God bless you Prakash

Looking forward to the OTR's this year

Rohit
Old 31st July 2012, 14:53   #55
BHPian

Hi Rohit,

Great thread, read it in one shot, the experience must have been amazing I am sure.
I have a question, I was reading your earlier thread (Got my 4wd (MM540)) where there was a discussion on best tyres for the MM540.

I have procured a 540 as well and I am currently looking for tyres for the original 16' rims.

I did read that you kept the rims the same which size tyres did you go for, was it over 200? If so did you face any issues while driving since the tyre size is nearly double the size of the rims.

It would be very helpful if you could share this, as I am trying to rack my brains on what would be best.

Regards,
Salil

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks