Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 18:47   #1171
BHPian

Re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil1300 View Post
like the interior where did you get it done,pls share details and more pic of the flooring and the interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedharan View Post
Now, that's a nice one. And, am also on the look out for Mechanics / workshops in Bangalore. Not many are even ready to put up the LHS mirror on my brand new one. Wish I get a reliable one soon. Any help is welcome.

Answering both the posts,

Nikhil, The Gypsy in pic is not mine. I have no idea of interiors. I can find out. It had come for PS fitting.

shreedharan, I have sent a PM to Nikhil. He can forward you.
Old 7th September 2016, 05:05   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan View Post
You have a very handsome gypsy! I am also looking for a good hard top gypsy. If you know of any good gypsy's for sale around Guwahati please forward the same to me. Thanks
Thank you Ankan. Apologies for replying so late to your post as I am not within regular reach of inet for the past few months! Will definitely let you know if I comre across a gypsy in decent condition around Guwahati.
Old 7th September 2016, 05:28   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakemanJohny View Post
Thank you both for pointing me in the right direction. But they do not seem too keen on selling, at least to me !
Vijay Kumar of SwastikFabs is very brief in replies, and not to inclined to quote shipping details to Calcutta.
I bought a couple of small items from JEEPKART to soften them up : FLEXISPOUT FOR JERRYCAN (does not fit and I will have to do some machining to use it), 4-IN-1 HANDY SHOVEL (the handle is of thin & soft aluminium, and will have to modify a steel tube to make one). Though of good finish, their items are overpriced ( 4500/- for a ten litre plastic jerrycan !), and though shipping is free, answers to questions are not !
Wanted to buy ROCK SLIDERS, but they simply will not give me fitting instructions -- now the item is 'out of stock'.
Reminds me of EBAY.IN where they beg you to ask questions about items they are selling, but replies are very brief, cryptic, or in "Chinese English". Then they howl if you give them negative marking !
Guess I need to be reborn in Bengaluru/NCR or thereabouts to dress up my Gypsy !
Hi SnakemanJohny, extremely sorry for the late reply but unfortunately I am not within reach of regular inet services for the past 3 months or so! Sorry to hear about your experiences with both places. Do not loose hope if I can get things delivered to my home in the north east, Kolkata should be a cake walk☺. You could also try R&T autocatalyst or Zu mamba 4x4, ( although I have'nt done any transactions with them till date)..
Bump-Stop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 20:26   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster View Post
Clock installed...
I picked this clock up from eBay for my new King. Can it be done as a DIY or do I have to get this done at a workshop?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by cool_dube : 15th October 2016 at 20:28.
Old 16th October 2016, 12:02   #1175
BHPian

If it is a clock with analogue display (hour/minute/second hands -- though the last may be absent), connect one wire directly to battery for clock running, and one to sidelight for night illumination, the third to ground - usually around one of the screws fixing the dash to the body. If it is a digital (LED) display, you may need illumination always, so the second wire to the ignition ON or Accessories point(Cig Lighter/ Radio). If LCD, and visible as black digits during the day, connections will be similar to the analogue type. Connections are available in the wiring. I did them myself, but five years ago, and have connected so many other gadgets since, that I forgot exactly how !

Please try to show us a pic of your clock.
SnakemanJohny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 11:09   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please try to show us a pic of your clock.
Thanks buddy. This is a digital clock, LCD I believe. Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-c1.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-c2.jpg  

Old 18th October 2016, 20:25   #1177
BHPian

Unfortunately this is the only type available in India for Gypsy, or any other 'old generation' car with a round 2.2" hole for clock. I had fixed one in my MG410W, did not last long, and hunted for and got an analogue version.

For my MG413W, again I had to fix one of these, and again it did not last long. Could not find an analogue clock in market, or EBAY.IN or AMAZON.IN. So had to get one from EBAY.COM through a friend in UK -- that was about four years ago.

You may fix this and hope for the best. Connect both red and white wires to (+) and black to(-) to find out if it will be visible during the day without backlight ... whether LED or LCD. Then connect according to guidelines I mentioned earlier. If not familiar with 'underdash wires', ask an auto electrician to do it. he will take five to ten minutes max, and charge less than a workshop.
Old 19th October 2016, 13:00   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had fixed one in my MG410W, did not last long, and hunted for and got an analogue version.
What exactly failed? Did it just stop working one fine day?

Quote:
Could not find an analogue clock in market, or EBAY.IN or AMAZON.IN. So had to get one from EBAY.COM through a friend in UK -- that was about four years ago.
Are you referring to something like this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUCH-Quartz-...-/112166343856

Quote:
You may fix this and hope for the best
Thanks. One basic question - does the installation of this clock require removal and re-fit of the entire dashboard?

Last edited by cool_dube : 19th October 2016 at 13:02.
Old 19th October 2016, 20:13   #1179
BHPian

cool_dube, After some time, the clock becomes independent of world time, and takes its own path ! Sometimes going fast on acceleration, sometimes stopping and restarting when it feels like. In one, the clock kept going, but the backlight conked out ! I had tried with two on old Gypsy before giving up. Then, as I mentioned, I got an analogue movement in India. With the new Gypsy (413w), I gave up after one !

Yes, there are quite a few on EBAY.COM -- the USA ones are costly, I found one from Germany which was around Rs. 3000/- (still too costly). But that is not on ebay.com any more ? Best would be KIENZLE which I have on my Jonga (purchased in 1987 for around Rs.200 and is still the most accurate clock in the whole house), but I see here that an used sample is $145/- http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-OPEL-KA...lVbZED&vxp=mtr

Another word of caution : A friend from USA sent me a very nice dashboard clock, with seamless movement and bright LED backlight, but it had only two terminals (+) and (-). That meant that the light would be on the entire time - 24x365 etc. Now who would make a weird clock like that ? Turned out it was made in India for export only ! I had to return it with thanks.. lucky the guy got his refund ! If cost is no factor, try Auto Meter at AMAZON.COM, they are very good --https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Meter-3685-Sport-Comp-Illuminated/dp/? & https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Meter-26...=pd_sbs_263_1?

No, removal of the dashboard is not necessary, it not being very wide, and being very open at the bottom. Simply remove the clock-cutout with sharp knife, attach wires through that gap, and push the clock in.
Old 21st October 2016, 15:34   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
try Auto Meter at AMAZON.COM
Some of these analog clocks look really lovely. I checked for Auto Meter on Amazon.com and in addition to this, I found a couple more - this and this. I can arrange to get one of these shipped to a US address and brought over to India by friends, not an issue. However, is compatibility (in terms of size and power rating) guaranteed?

Last edited by cool_dube : 21st October 2016 at 15:38.
Old 21st October 2016, 20:08   #1181
BHPian

cool_dube, as long as they are 12volts, and not 6v (old cars) or 24v (trucks), you need not worry. Size varies slightly, between 2.2" to 2.0". For example, Titoni is slightly biggish, so after I had cut the Gypsy dash to its size, the EBAY clock was a loose fit. So I cut out the Titoni outer ring and fitted it to the new clock with FeviQuik !
But what bothers me is the "Dimensions" in the "Product Information" para which says 5x5x5 inches ! I hope they mean the dimensions of the package !
The third GlowShift is the most tempting, but I would pick the first AutoMeter, as it has a second hand,too. After so many dud digital clocks, it is comforting to see the second-hand move -- always know at a glance that the clock is working.
Do let us know when you get one, and best of luck !

Last edited by SnakemanJohny : 21st October 2016 at 20:10. Reason: Wrong spelling
Old 22nd October 2016, 23:38   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, removal of the dashboard is not necessary, it not being very wide, and being very open at the bottom. Simply remove the clock-cutout with sharp knife, attach wires through that gap, and push the clock in.
Are wires already provided under the dash for clock connections or do I need to draw new ones?
Old 23rd October 2016, 18:15   #1183
BHPian

Hello guys I would also like to share the picture of my newly restored beast..
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-1477226514468.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-1477226555844.jpg  

Raul258 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 21:14   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Are wires already provided under the dash for clock connections or do I need to draw new ones?
As I told you, wires for clock, radio and cig lighter are there in the wiring. But it has been five years since I connected clock, and so many dash-gadgets were added since, I have forgotten exactly which ones ! maybe someone who has done it recently can help ? Or please search and find by trial & error !

[b][/Raul258B], that bright red and black canopy combination is stunning. Congrats !
Old 24th October 2016, 10:39   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul258 View Post
Hello guys I would also like to share the picture of my newly restored beast..
Is it Re-Registered ??

If so, for how many years ??

Amrik Singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks