Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:01   #31

The side mirrors are INR 600 a pair. I wish I could find better mirrors since these are not very good quality. Driver side did not require any additional holes since there was already a mirror fitted. Left side required 2 holes. No fouling in the doors whatsoever.

Since the bull bar was custom an extension was made to fit the fog lights. I am using a relay for both the headlights (90/100) and Fog lamps.
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Sameer,
A really nice looking Gypsy.
2 questions from my side:
  1. What make mirrors are those and could you share the details on getting them fitted? (As in, how many holes did you have to make and are there brackets fouling with the door?
Deepak
deepak,

the mirrors are the stock ones with the gypsy

Raj
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerag View Post
The side mirrors are INR 600 a pair. I wish I could find better mirrors since these are not very good quality. Driver side did not require any additional holes since there was already a mirror fitted. Left side required 2 holes. No fouling in the doors whatsoever.

Since the bull bar was custom an extension was made to fit the fog lights. I am using a relay for both the headlights (90/100) and Fog lamps.
How much did it cost On-Road. I have been told recently that the waiting on a Gypsy is too much, even the dealer might refuse to book one. Is that true, how much was the waiting time in your case since you bought it new.
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:45   #34

On road price was 5,40,000/- for a soft top. It is true that the wait is long and some dealers refuse to book a Gypsy. The wait is usually 30 to 45 days. I was fortunate to get it in 5 days through some contacts.
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:27   #35
BHPian

sameerag, congratulations on the purchase. Tastefully done up too. Pardon my ignorance though, but is there a 4x4 option available from the factory?
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:44   #36
BHPian

Oopps !!!

duh....Gypsy IS A FOUR BY FOUR ! There is NO TWO WHEEL DRIVE OPTION from MUL, as far as the whole wide world knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
sameerag, congratulations on the purchase. Tastefully done up too. Pardon my ignorance though, but is there a 4x4 option available from the factory?
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:16   #37
BHPian

Right choice

Sameerag, congrats on your new buy. The gypsy looks a mean killer after Performance Auto's magic wand job. All the best
Quote:
On road price was 5,40,000/- for a soft top. It is true that the wait is long and some dealers refuse to book a Gypsy. The wait is usually 30 to 45 days. I was fortunate to get it in 5 days through some contacts.
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dear Sameer,
Thanks for the information. Where would the top portion of that mirror be fitted to? I am a fellow owner like you, of a new Gypsy (2 months old). I've heard that Bolero's mirrors are very good. They are manufactured by LUMAX. You could have a look at Sawyer's Gypsy. Your vehicle's mirrors also look nice. I've seen a couple of Army Gypsies here with similar mirrors.

Regarding the headlights, i've heard that the OEM reflectors cannot sustain higher wattage bulbs. Just wanted to make you aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajachu View Post
deepak,

the mirrors are the stock ones with the gypsy

Raj
Dear Raj,
No, these mirrors are not OEM. The stock mirrors is absolute nonsense. One, it is a plain mirror; two, it comes only on the right side; three, it bends down once you cross 80 kmph. So, i am badly looking for alternatives.

Cheers,
Deepak

Last edited by starter : 22nd December 2009 at 20:46.
Old 23rd December 2009, 00:43   #39
BHPian

Hi Sameer,

First of all congrats for the new gypsy , Just want to know how much you paid for power steering ? And how it is performing ?
Old 23rd December 2009, 02:05   #40

@ Sameer

Many many congrats on your new gypsy buddy! Its ppl like u who keeps on reminding Maruti to keep the Gypsy afloat - otherwise it would have become a part of the "exclusive army vehicles" long back.

Looking for some more pics of the Gypsy in its true terrain - not much fun seeing it parked in front of your residence mate - don't u agree?
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:58   #41
BHPian

that Sure is a beauty on the roads mate a big thumps up.
Nice stance on the thing and real neat. A new set of wheels does have its charm; more so a rarity like the gypsy.
You fitting in an A.C for Delhi summers ?
and the most important question;
Any plans of taking it offroad ??
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:30   #42
BHPian

Congratulations. Sweet looking ride.
Old 24th December 2009, 12:12   #43

I'll definitely think about an AC in the summers. I might even get a half cabin.
Offroading is in my mind but probably after the first service.
Old 16th January 2010, 17:05   #44
BHPian

Congrats for Nice and cool looking ride, Infact you match my taste very closely for the ride. Even I am in my 30s and planning to owe something very similar, though not now maybe after some saving in a year or so.
As everyone asked wanted to know the price & performance of PS, specially with those 255 contis
Old 16th January 2010, 18:24   #45
BHPian

Hi sameer congrats on your new gypsy, its good to know that you got it in 5 days .

Its nice to know that many teenage dreams get fulfilled in the 30s !

I am also looking forward to fulfill one such dream hopefully this year, i.e. get a gypsy for myself.

It would be great if you can share the name of the dealer from which you purchased this beauty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks