Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2014, 14:00   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeff View Post
Hi,

Sorry for going off topic.

I saw this Gypsy King for sale in Kurla, Mumbai

It is a wide body Gypsy. The condition and body line looked pretty neat.

It looks like an Army auction vehicle. And is up for sale.

Interested people can ask for one Mr Bilal who runs his scrap business shop opposite Equinox Business Park on LBS Road, Kurla. Bilal's shop is one of the road facing one in the line of the bus stop.

I took his cell number but not sure if I can post it without his permission.

For the benefit of team-bhpians, I clicked a couple of pictures from my cellphone when I was passing by.

Strange that I had posted this lead earlier, but never got published. Must have been due to a technical glitch.

Has anyone else seen it too?

Could you please help me with Mr. Bilal's number?
Old 8th February 2014, 20:45   #737
BHPian

Re: Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Guys there was a army auction in Mumbai yesterday and there were 3 gypsy's MG410 up for grabs for Two Lakhs Thirty Thousand, a Nissan 1 Ton, a Shaktiman Truck. All the stuff there was picked up by Delhi guys. A fellow Tbhpian picked up a trailer for his jeeps.
@egangsta

I'm looking for 1/2 Ton & 1 Ton trailers. It would be very helpful if you could PM me the contact detail of the Tbhpian who picked up the trailer.

Chengappa.
Old 10th February 2014, 12:13   #738
BHPian

Hi

My friend is looking to buy a Gypsy ! Any leads here. I am in bangalore
Cheers
Old 10th February 2014, 13:01   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy1989 View Post
Hi

My friend is looking to buy a Gypsy ! Any leads here. I am in bangalore
Cheers
Check with police auction. You can find out by going there. Go on mysore road below flyover after kalasipallyam market, the yard and office is next to police parade ground. They are very cooperative and helpful.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 13:08   #740
BHPian

Thanks Zulfi !

Will do that this week itself
Old 19th February 2014, 16:33   #741
BHPian

Hi, I am looking to buy either a MM550 or a Gypsy (Armed Forces ones ONLY). Does anyone know of sources in Delhi? I've been to the Mayapuri market and found 2 MM550s which were not registered nor in working in condition and the seller was trying to be act like a bankroller.
Old 19th February 2014, 17:16   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Check with police auction. You can find out by going there. Go on mysore road below flyover after kalasipallyam market, the yard and office is next to police parade ground. They are very cooperative and helpful.
Hi Zulfi

Do you have GPS location for this place?

And any contact details or leads to contact any concerned person?
Old 19th February 2014, 19:35   #743
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need Help in buying Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranvakati View Post
Im not going to keep this in farm. It will be in chennai and i take to my farm whenever i go there.

Also interested in off-roading. After getting used to driving the jeep will go for OTRs in future. But first wants to buy a jeep and understand the technicalities and behaviour. Actually my village/farm has lot of scope to have fun with a 4x4.

Personally i prefer a diesel over petrol and i like MM rugged look over gypsy classy look.
Here is your JEEP in its hay days.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-10042009538.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-10042009537_1.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-10042009536_1.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-10042009535_1.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-11042009580.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-10042009539.jpg  

Old 19th February 2014, 22:31   #744
BHPian

Any upcoming auction lead or contacts in hyderabad? I am seriously looking for one. Appreciate any help.
Old 23rd April 2014, 07:50   #745
BHPian

Have managed to find an mpfi,gypsy king which has just been auctioned from army. as from the pics, its got some some dents, no lights, seats are gone, tyres are gone and theres no battery ! What I want to know is, will the engine and all of this auctioned vehicle be good ? As per the dealer, the engine and other mechanicals is as good as new ! Havent seen the vehicle yet because its not in my city.

Can anyone who has bought an ex army gypsy advice if the engine and other technicals of these auctioned vehicle are good and its only body,painting + registration that I need to majorly worry about ?

Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 10:23   #746
BHPian

Of the 8 gypsies I picked up from auctions, none of these were in starting condition. Though the engine room seemed untouched, most of the sensors were missing. Inspect the vehicle thoroughly beforehand. Why don't you ask the dealer to give it to you in starting condition. Let him bill you extra for the battery etc
Old 23rd April 2014, 11:26   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy1989 View Post
Can anyone who has bought an ex army gypsy advice if the engine and other technicals of these auctioned vehicle are good and its only body,painting + registration that I need to majorly worry about ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrycan View Post
Inspect the vehicle thoroughly beforehand. Why don't you ask the dealer to give it to you in starting condition. Let him bill you extra for the battery etc
I agree with Jerrycan, You cant even think of small tit bit parts which you would missing when you start restoration, specially sensors in Gypsy MPFI and pump related parts in Jeep.
In my opinion, its worth paying few thousands extra for vehicle in running condition.

Shubhendra
Old 9th May 2014, 19:08   #748
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone guide me how to buy vehicles (Jeeps) from state government departments?

In my case its Punjab Government department.
Old 9th May 2014, 21:12   #749
Senior - BHPian

Guys so the auction was held today. The Jeep that I had my eyes on got the maximum quote of 32,500. Now the option is either to pay the bidder the quoted amount and retain the jeep or pay him a small premium to let go. The decision needs to be made by Monday so please help me out. Does it makes sense to pick it up? The other details and pictures of the above are at Page 45 of this thread.
If it is to be picked up for restoration what would be the price, tops that I should pay to still call this deal as a bargain.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-dsc07227-800x600.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-dsc07228-800x600.jpg  

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-dsc07229-800x600.jpg  

Old 12th May 2014, 12:00   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Guys so the auction was held today. The Jeep that I had my eyes on got the maximum quote of 32,500. Now the option is either to pay the bidder the quoted amount and retain the jeep or pay him a small premium to let go. The decision needs to be made by Monday so please help me out. Does it makes sense to pick it up? The other details and pictures of the above are at Page 45 of this thread.
If it is to be picked up for restoration what would be the price, tops that I should pay to still call this deal as a bargain.
dear WanderNomad,
My basic analysis of jeep through pic:
1) Body line is clean and may not have much rust
2) most of the parts are intact and in place
3) Even if current engine ( International - B275) is dead, you can put a DI (non turbo are available from 30 to 45 K) and use it for years
4) In best case you can put another 30 K (excluding papers and vehicle cost) and start using it, in worst case you need to put another 70 K (30 K of basic maintenance and cost of engine transplantation) excluding papers and vehicle cost to get this jeep on road.

Just an option to throw, dont you get late 90's civilian CL500 with Di and 4+R within 1 lac? these auctioned vehicles can throw you lot of surprises and do include your opportunity cost/headache to restore the vehicle and run around for paperwork.

Hope it helps !

Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks