Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:12   #271
BHPian

I have been looking for a MM 550 for my self too, earlier i used to think about putting a TATA 407 suspension on it and make it look like a lower fourty, but after reading all the threads on and about MM 550 on team BHP guess i will not do it
Still i would make it look like a lower forty some day soon.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:24   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
You can go for the combination we used to put in the Ambassador back in the days.

Sandem 507 or 506 Compressor and Unicla blower under the dash. This is set up I have on my 540 and also had in my tatamobile and it works fine. Since your cabin area is small I think the 506 compressor will suffice as there will be less load on the engine than the 507.
Hi Tini,

Thats great, roughly how much Sandem 506 comp and Unicla Blower will cost me? Does it have any effect on Engine perf while off road or FE on road much? Any Mods document or procedure to install it?

Guys , Now I have another question.

How can I make my ride more comfortable in 550? I drive 2007 - AC M800. I dont expect any great thing here but just to make it more comfortable.

Change of Shock obsorvers? Any chnge in Leafs? Or any other way of doing it?

Tarkesh
Old 16th January 2010, 12:10   #273
BANNED

Hi Tarkesh,

You bought it for 60k, how much did you spend to get it to this shape?
Old 16th January 2010, 12:47   #274
Senior - BHPian

Hey Tarkesh,

Looks like the Jeep has settled well with the family.

For a better ride, a tried and tested option is Composite Fibre Leaf Springs for the rear.

More on that here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...f-roading.html

Many on that thread stand by its smoother ride. Not really recommended for the front though.
Old 18th January 2010, 12:23   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Hey Tarkesh,

Looks like the Jeep has settled well with the family.

For a better ride, a tried and tested option is Composite Fibre Leaf Springs for the rear.

More on that here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...f-roading.html

Many on that thread stand by its smoother ride. Not really recommended for the front though.
Hi Dan,

Yes the jeep has well settled now. If I want to put CFLs at rear , what would be the cost and is there any specific company which manufactures these rear CFLs foe 550?

Then hows your Jeep treating you?

Tarkesh
Old 18th January 2010, 17:59   #276
Senior - BHPian

Tarkeshji,

Jeep is doing well. How well I will know this weekend.

As for your rear CFLs > Here is the site - contact them
Feel Free to Contact Dr. Nano Inc - for Suspension Systems & Composite Spring Manufacturing Company,Maharashtra India

For what if feels like, read that thread or best to ask swastikviji He has it on his 550 and is quite happy from what I understand.
Old 19th January 2010, 09:53   #277
BHPian

Cfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Tarkeshji,

Jeep is doing well. How well I will know this weekend.

As for your rear CFLs > Here is the site - contact them
Feel Free to Contact Dr. Nano Inc - for Suspension Systems & Composite Spring Manufacturing Company,Maharashtra India

For what if feels like, read that thread or best to ask swastikviji He has it on his 550 and is quite happy from what I understand.
Hey Dan,

Dr.Nano is right here from my native place. Ichlkaranji is just 30kms away from my home. I ll check this up this weekend for sure.

Guys just tell me is there any change in leaf springs of 540 and 550? Because if I ask the CFL for Jeep then he definitely would give for 540 like..

Tarkesh
Old 23rd January 2010, 20:19   #278
BHPian

Hi Ricky, I just got A/c fitted to my 550 with a soft top.The top is specially made,canvas on the out side and an inner linning of seat material on the in side it works well. You can come and have a look at it if you like.
Old 25th January 2010, 11:07   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
Hi Ricky, I just got A/c fitted to my 550 with a soft top.The top is specially made,canvas on the out side and an inner linning of seat material on the in side it works well. You can come and have a look at it if you like.

Hey WW,

Thats just great!! I am already planning for AC and a good soft top which is removable also for Open top use of the jeep. I ll PM you my Cell no. pls sms me the address and your cell no , we ll fix up some time. Looking at your Jeeps I ll love to visit your place for some info and suggestions from you.

Tarkesh
Old 25th January 2010, 16:43   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Hey WW,

Thats just great!! I am already planning for AC and a good soft top which is removable also for Open top use of the jeep. I ll PM you my Cell no. pls sms me the address and your cell no , we ll fix up some time. Looking at your Jeeps I ll love to visit your place for some info and suggestions from you.

Tarkesh
Hi Ricky, Any time man just call me and come down. PM you my number.
Old 25th January 2010, 18:13   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
Hi Ricky, Any time man just call me and come down. PM you my number.
Hi WW,

I have got your PM. I ll plan this week itself to visit your place. Can you pls give some details about the AC fittings and Soft Top? May be pics can be better to understand.

Also I would like to know anybody who is just good in doing Jeep job in Pune as I am getting my Jeep here in Pune now and want to do some finishing jobs like fitting carpet, coushining, some electrical work, fitting accesories(I have military look 550), etc other than the AC fitting and soft top.

Tarkesh
Old 26th January 2010, 00:08   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Hi WW,

I have got your PM. I ll plan this week itself to visit your place. Can you pls give some details about the AC fittings and Soft Top? May be pics can be better to understand.

Also I would like to know anybody who is just good in doing Jeep job in Pune as I am getting my Jeep here in Pune now and want to do some finishing jobs like fitting carpet, coushining, some electrical work, fitting accesories(I have military look 550), etc other than the AC fitting and soft top.

Tarkesh
Hi Ricky i just come over and check out the jeep it self. I can take care of all those jobs for you i know a few guys.

Last edited by whicked wheels : 26th January 2010 at 00:13.
Old 27th January 2010, 13:08   #283
BHPian

Good News!!!

Hi Guys,

I did something very good. I drove my Jeep from Kolhapur to Pune - 230 Kms yest'day. This was first ever long drive after rebuild . Till the time I was doing small trips here and there and also some soft off roads in Kolhapur only.
Jeep responded very well , cruising was about 60-70 kmph mark all the time . twice or thrice touched 90 kmph mark easily but could not gather more courage to run faster.

I am running it on 7.5X16 Sandgrips(Army Wheels) is the ODO showing right speed?

No issues of over heating or otherwise at all. Took a break 2 times for 10 minutes each.
Ride was comfortable (thanks to 4 ways lane highway). I am having Army look Jeep , at toll booth the guys asked me about my warrant/ID card when I offered the tax. He said pls show your ID/warrant , and dont pay any money hahaha...

Hi WW, Thanks a lot for help. I ll surely come over. I live on Pashan- Sus road how far is your place?

Tarkesh
Old 15th March 2010, 12:32   #284
BHPian

Gentlemen,

Anyone has pictures of 2004 MM550XD Dataplates, kindly e-mail:magals4@yahoo.com or post on Forum.

Thanks,

Sateesh
Old 15th March 2010, 13:34   #285
Senior - BHPian

Master Uio,

I am pretty sure Harjeev posted some dataplate photos a while back. Might have been on his Picasa account. So drop him a PM.

Most Viewed