Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2008, 18:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
The bug surely bites and it does very hard
If at all you decide to come down to Delhi you can surely rely on me to accompany you on your hunt.
Hi Harjeev,

Congrats on your second jeep! Its really looks nice and good in shape.

Ofcourse since you are beocme an expert in Mayapuri by this time, I will ask your help to get me a good MM550 like what Firoz bought there.

I'm waiting for my next holidays to drop down into Delhi..

sali..
Old 27th December 2008, 23:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

@Vinay
Thanks a lot. Buying is the easiest part. Restoring it is entirely a different story. But I am loving every moment of it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
How much is the guy quoting for the other Army 3B?
His asking price was 70K. Rest depends on your negotiation skills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Hi Harjeev,

Congrats on your second jeep! Its really looks nice and good in shape.

Ofcourse since you are beocme an expert in Mayapuri by this time, I will ask your help to get me a good MM550 like what Firoz bought there.

I'm waiting for my next holidays to drop down into Delhi..

sali..
Thanks salikt.
You are welcome anytime.
Old 28th December 2008, 10:36   #18
BHPian

Harjeev,
Congratulations.
Good to know you finally bought a CJ3B.
Do it up right and it will be treat to drive and own.
Best of Luck!!
Cheers
Old 28th December 2008, 12:59   #19
BHPian

Hey Harjeev.
Excellent acquisition. Congrats buddy! Looking forward to seeing some very well restored and capable jeeps in your stable.
Now we need to see this restored by BehramJi.

Cheers
Ankit
Old 28th December 2008, 19:08   #20
BHPian

Harjeev, you are simpaly getting crazy about Jeeps.. Good that now you are having a choice of a Jeep that has small Wheel Base and one which is treuly meant for off road drive. Now you are lacking for a Gypsy King I guess. I pray that you wife do not see my this post otherwise I am over (with left behind a nice lady and a kid). Hard to believe that you wife has NOT yet thrown out out of you house, you seems seems to have a kind lady in your luck (PS:: which I am not).
Old 28th December 2008, 23:34   #21
BHPian

Hi Harjeev,

Congrats on your second purchase. Man you have all the luck. I am looking for an army spec jeep too but never found one. Had PMed randeep for more mayapuri jeeps and he said there should be a new lot coming in Jan hence waiting for my turn.

But if you can help me find one I will be really grateful to you.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 29th December 2008, 01:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

This is the season senior gentlemen are succumbing to industrial strength gearlust - first Steer and now Harjeev.

Lovely acquisition sir, congrats! Best wishes for the whole restoration effort!!
Old 29th December 2008, 06:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
Harjeev,
Congratulations.
Good to know you finally bought a CJ3B.
Do it up right and it will be treat to drive and own.
Best of Luck!!
Cheers
Vhaivab
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Hey Harjeev.
Excellent acquisition. Congrats buddy! Looking forward to seeing some very well restored and capable jeeps in your stable.
Now we need to see this restored by BehramJi.
Hi Ankit, I would simply love to restore this one in Mumbai under the expert guidance of Bheram sir, but still have to work out the financials though. My other jeep MM550 is half way done at this point in time. So I cant abandon that half way and start this. At the same time at this point of time I have enough spare cash to complete one project at this time.
The CJ3B will have to wait will the end of 2009 or so. The least budget that I have set is about 1L+ for the 3B. And this I am talking about the mechnicals only. I am not thinking of doing any changes body or cosmetic wise other than what is standard with 3B's, a simple coat of paint and all parts that are faulty will be replaced with original and new only!
Lets see

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Harjeev, you are simpaly getting crazy about Jeeps.. Good that now you are having a choice of a Jeep that has small Wheel Base and one which is treuly meant for off road drive.
Thanks a lot
Quote:
Now you are lacking for a Gypsy King
No I am not looking for a Gypsy. But am not opposed to an idea of owning a 3rd jeep maybe a restoreable Willys or a JEEP. But not for another 2 years or so. I have spent most of my spare cash on the these 2 projects and dont want to dig into my savings or investments at the present time.

Quote:
I pray that you wife do not see my this post otherwise I am over (with left behind a nice lady and a kid). Hard to believe that you wife has NOT yet thrown out out of you house, you seems seems to have a kind lady in your luck (PS:: which I am not).
Dont worry I am blessed on that front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Harjeev,
Congrats on your second purchase. Man you have all the luck. I am looking for an army spec jeep too but never found one. Had PMed randeep for more mayapuri jeeps and he said there should be a new lot coming in Jan hence waiting for my turn.
But if you can help me find one I will be really grateful to you.
Regards,
Kailash
Thanks Kailash
I have PMed you on this. Call me

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
This is the season senior gentlemen are succumbing to industrial strength gearlust - first Steer and now Harjeev.

Lovely acquisition sir, congrats! Best wishes for the whole restoration effort!!
Thanks a lot.
Its a lovely feeling. Loving every moment.
Old 29th December 2008, 09:45   #24
NIP
Senior - BHPian

wow !! you are one jeep nut harjeev ! congrats ! i'm green (army green) with envy...if things dont work out here in the south, i'm gonna be calling you in a few weeks for some help with an army disposal from delhi
Old 29th December 2008, 11:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Oh man, you are seriously hit by the bug! Two jeeps in quick succession in two weeks. Awesome! Congratulations for the prized acquisition.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats harjeev. That is a great buy. Don rush with the restoration as in take time for each of them to come together well.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
wow !! you are one jeep nut harjeev ! congrats ! i'm green (army green) with envy...
Thanks for the compliment. I sure am!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
i'm gonna be calling you in a few weeks for some help with an army disposal from delhi
I will be obliged. Anytime you need my help just ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Oh man, you are seriously hit by the bug! Two jeeps in quick succession in two weeks. Awesome! Congratulations for the prized acquisition.
Thanks ! BTW
hows your 440 coming up? and how come you have not started a thread on that. Come on dont deprive us all about that
Open up a thread soo and start posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Congrats harjeev. That is a great buy. Don rush with the restoration as in take time for each of them to come together well.
Thanks maddy

Thats exactly what Ive decided. Presently I will be restoring only one jeep, the 550 and will be starting the work on the CJ3B earliest by Sept09.
Old 29th December 2008, 18:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

oye chak tey phattey!

congrats on your newest baby jeep CJ3B! let me know where in punjab you planning to get it registered!

and dont rush with its restoration as yet, complete the bigger one and than only start with baby jeep!

cheers:
Old 29th December 2008, 20:28   #29
BHPian

hey There Harjeev,

MAN!!! you seem to be on a roll!!!

Nice find pal, and that too, two in a row.

I am looking like crazy for a jeep (An army spec if possible) but have had no luck as of now in mumbai.

I think its time for the last option, thats flying down to Delhi and picking up one from mayapuri like FK7 did. I will be counting on your guidance there. You have mastered the technique and its evident.

Hope you have the time then, will be highly obliged.
Old 30th December 2008, 12:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
oye chak tey phattey!

congrats on your newest baby jeep CJ3B!
Thanks Pram,
Quote:
let me know where in punjab you planning to get it registered!
I have the option of getting it registered either at Firozpur (thru the dealer) or at Hoshiarpur (my brother’s inlaw’s belong to that place).
While buying my 550 I had already negotiated with the dealer at 13k for the registration and paid him advance of 5k with an agreement that I will pay the balance only on verification. Yesterday he has given me the number of Firozpur PB 47-B. Now I am getting it verified. If it checks out I will get the 3B registered there as well, otherwise its Hoshiarpur for me.

Quote:
dont rush with its restoration as yet, complete the bigger one and than only start with baby jeep!
That’s the plan. I am already well over my budget of 2-2.25L. The vehicles alone have cost me 170k including registration & towing (MM550 90k & CJ3B 80k). Now the restoration for the 550 is costing me approx 110k (details I will be putting in the 550-XD thread). This comes to a total of 280k or maybe it will stretch upto 300k. So the 3B will have to wait atleast a year , and once I have sufficient cash I would be starting with it. I don’t want to compromise on anything, especially regarding the mechanicals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obaidhakim View Post
hey There Harjeev,

MAN!!! you seem to be on a roll!!!

Nice find pal, and that too, two in a row.

I am looking like crazy for a jeep (An army spec if possible) but have had no luck as of now in mumbai.

I think its time for the last option, thats flying down to Delhi and picking up one from mayapuri like FK7 did. I will be counting on your guidance there. You have mastered the technique and its evident.

Hope you have the time then, will be highly obliged.
Anytime mate. Just let me know when you will be coming to Delhi. I will PM you with my details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks