Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:04   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Guys,
The Indian Army JONGA is the 1960 Nissan Patrol with a 3956cc 6cyl petrol engine.

In 1963 the Vehicle Factory Jabalpur was established to manufacture under license the Nissan Patrol P/G/Y/L60 in India.

The 1952 Nissan Patrol -http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/3823/pretruck.html

Regards,

Arka
Yep it's a Nissan Patrol G60 all right... There's an online community dedicated to this particular model at Nissan Patrol Club Albuquerque - some good info there including the original (scanned) shop manuals, wiring diagrams etc. Check it out if you are a Jonga fan.

The real figure of interest for off roading is the torque produced by the engine and how it compares to the overall weight of the vehicle. The Nissan Patrol G60/ Jonga makes ~ 194.61 ft-lbs (263.889 Nm) torque in stock trim. Considering that it's a late 50's design, I'm sure the engine can be tweaked further to good effect...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Old 3rd March 2008, 23:14   #77
Senior - BHPian

@abhjeet , thanks for the link, it's got good info on this vehicle....thanks again.
It'll be easy to maintain the Jonga with this information.
Old 4th March 2008, 07:39   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
".....Then apart from the twice a year jaunts to Manali or Mcleod , I have only been on one long trip - Delhi-Manali-Keylong-Leh and Back - all the way by the HP/JK RTC buses - cheap and fun - living like a backpacker , Floyd playing on the discman, cream burning slowly in the Rizla, whiskey in the glasses , a starry sky , a landscape out of a fantasy and the mighty river Indus meandering through the rugged mountains.....
A bit OT here but the word play here made me go through my picture archives and here is what you are describing.....

I totally agree with your passion of doing that trip again....
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:56   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
GTO,

How did that girl in the second photo get that Jeep to do that? That's like wheeling in a Jeep...

Looks like they came across a huge bump and may be thats the answer to the position of the jeep in the second pic
Old 16th April 2008, 08:59   #80

After market parts for 4X4's

Quite a few places in Chennai and Bangalore, can get you parts for a Pajero/Prado etc. Typical wait times have been 4-10 days. There are a couple of chaps who advertise in Autocar (classifieds towards the end of the mag.). I have a complete off road kit on my 80-series Landcruiser. Another good option is Methods inc. in Bangalore.
Old 20th September 2009, 16:04   #81
BHPian

Now Tata own Land Rover. I hope they will introduce Defender both LWB and SWB in India. It can be a big hit and will a change the automobile landscape.
Defender such a wonderful 4x4.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks