Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2017, 19:38   #151
BHPian

Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Congratulations on your second Thar! Wish you many happy and safe miles!
How do you like the changes on the updated Thar, compared to your earlier one?
So far I find the latest Thar is better in look, brakes and suspension. I have used only 300 kms so far as still waiting for RTO registration. I will share my detailed view after some km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
Congratulations on your Thar
If I am not wrong, those are continental cross tires. How would you rate the tire in terms of comfort and noise, as my friend is also planning to install the same on his fortuner.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, those are Continental Croscontact AT 255/65 R16. I have changed it on day one but so far covered only 300 km so can't comment on comfort however the noise is increased on highway compared to stock BS HT but that was expected.
Thar4x4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 20:27   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Yes, it happened yesterday again.

The key chain is from my earlier Thar which I kept for more than 4 year knowing that I am going to buy a Jeep one day whenever situation permits.

Attachment 1645526

Naming it as "Knight Fury"

Attachment 1645527
Congratulations on your JEEP. Is this only car you own if I may ask?
My guess is its not.

THAR has been a aspirational vehicle for many, but not many are ready to take the plunge and here you are doing it for the second time! Awesome.

I don't know what it takes to be a Jeeper, hence it is threads like these which help me understand. Looking forward to this thread eagerly.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 23:47   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Congratulations on your JEEP. Is this only car you own if I may ask?
My guess is its not.

THAR has been a aspirational vehicle for many, but not many are ready to take the plunge and here you are doing it for the second time! Awesome.

I don't know what it takes to be a Jeeper, hence it is threads like these which help me understand. Looking forward to this thread eagerly.
Thanks I have other car Maruti Estilo however that is 10 year old now hence kept for city use only.

Not sure what it takes to be Jeeper because I failed to be one at the time of last Thar. But there is something really different which pulled me towards it again after owning a best SUV in class Safari Storme for 3 years and 40 K km.
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 10:21   #154
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Thar4x4 on your second Thar! As others mentioned, many like Thar but only a few go for it. You must be among the rare breed who bought it twice. It is very capable offroader and you can go places where others won't even think of going.

It might feel more uncomfortable now as you are used to luxurious seats of Storme, but I guess you will get used to it quite soon. Congrats once again.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 11:35   #155
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Thar4x4; you may now want to change your handle as Thar4x4x2 or something like that?

I have experienced this syndrome or repeat buying first-hand. My Punto Emotion Pack was having problems and problems and I decided to sell it, did a serious car-shopping, took test-drives in several cars and finally exchanged her for another Punto with absolutely nil confusion. The only other car that was considered seriously: the mighty Polo GT.

Some vehicles are irreplaceable. Enjoy!
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 00:29   #156
BHPian

Updates @1800+ Km

Knight Fury is doing awesome and never stationed for single day from the date of purchase. It is going everywhere from office, market, weekend trips and offroads.

Some click below:

Polished by Friend and TBHPian Amit.

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-img_0184-copy.jpg

@Kaas Satara with family.

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-img_0254-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-img_0256-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-img_0260-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-img_0270-copy.jpg

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 16th July 2017 at 00:33.
Thar4x4 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 23:33   #157
BHPian

Updates @3200+ Km and new steel wheels.

Pictures from recent trip to Chalkewadi (Satara)

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-mahindra_thar_offroad1-.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-mahindra_thar_offroad2.jpg
Thar4x4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 12:50   #158

Congratulations Thar 4x4 on your repeat purchase. I' am contemplating buying this but felt bad seeing multiple threads who were enthusiastic in all the modifications and finally selling it off. Though you faced such dilemma you were able to wear it off and now you got a new one too. As most of the threads are from previous versions of Thar I' am unable to connect with them on the required modifications, if any required on the new thar. Considering your experience of using the previous version of the thar, what are the modifications you are planning for the new one?
Old 5th September 2017, 16:50   #159
BHPian

Quote:
......Yes, it happened yesterday again.

The key chain is from my earlier Thar which I kept for more than 4 year knowing that I am going to buy a Jeep one day whenever situation permits.

Naming it as "Knight Fury"
Congratulations on your repeat purchase of the Thar CRDe, albeit an upgraded version.

Just a question. Since M&M have announced that a next gen Thar is in the pipeline, was wondering why you didn't want to wait for its launch?
Old 6th September 2017, 21:12   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Updates @1800+ Km

Knight Fury is doing awesome and never stationed for single day from the date of purchase. It is going everywhere from office, market, weekend trips and offroads.
Congratulations Thar4X4. Hope you'll many happy miles.
carrot_eater is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 23:01   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenkatMunukutla View Post
Congratulations Thar 4x4 on your repeat purchase. I' am contemplating buying this but felt bad seeing multiple threads who were enthusiastic in all the modifications and finally selling it off. Though you faced such dilemma you were able to wear it off and now you got a new one too. As most of the threads are from previous versions of Thar I' am unable to connect with them on the required modifications, if any required on the new thar. Considering your experience of using the previous version of the thar, what are the modifications you are planning for the new one?
Apologies for late reply. Comparing my old Thar with the new one, lots of things have been improved starting from dashboard to bumper. Many people do not like this stock bumper but I feel it gives nice stance to jeep.

My personal advice is, if you are planning modification for creature comfort then this vehicle is not for you. It should be used as it is with one spare vehicle for family. At most you can add a hardtop for long drives. I am planning one but yet to decide which one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Congratulations on your repeat purchase of the Thar CRDe, albeit an upgraded version.

Just a question. Since M&M have announced that a next gen Thar is in the pipeline, was wondering why you didn't want to wait for its launch?
I am impatient person, when I decide to buy any vehicle I just go and buy it without thinking much.

Frankly this pipeline is never ending, so when you have a money and you want it, just buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
Congratulations Thar4X4. Hope you'll many happy miles.
Thanks Bro ! Yes I am also hoping to cross 1 L mark this time.
Thar4x4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 09:07   #162

Quote:
Apologies for late reply. Comparing my old Thar with the new one, lots of things have been improved starting from dashboard to bumper. Many people do not like this stock bumper but I feel it gives nice stance to jeep.

My personal advice is, if you are planning modification for creature comfort then this vehicle is not for you. It should be used as it is with one spare vehicle for family. At most you can add a hardtop for long drives. I am planning one but yet to decide which one.
Thank you! After all the research i also dropped the idea of too many mods except couple of minor one's however once the conclusion was reached that this is not for family - they have a little trouble and now they would like two family cars - one small and one bigger for long drives (i fairly do a decent mileage on road trips) - So looking at Hexa and still keeping the fight on for the Thar - looks like it has to be my third car. I doubt when you are family man Thar fits into the bill or not. Practically it has to be used only for office commute as all road trips are with family and they will like comforts and doesn't get into Thar. My solo trips are less being a family man. I live in hyderabad and do not have too many great places around to do a day trip. Inspite of all the practicality, the longing never goes off.
Old 4th October 2017, 10:04   #163
BHPian

Quote:
My personal advice is, if you are planning modification for creature comfort then this vehicle is not for you. It should be used as it is with one spare vehicle for family.

Thanks Bro ! Yes I am also hoping to cross 1 L mark this time.
I one hundred percent agree with this. There is hardly any point of continuing to modify and try to make the Thar something which it is not in terms of making it comfortable. You will continue to see niggles with all the after market fitments that you'll add. Its best to have another car in the family. Its of course a different matter to add winches and other 4X4 equipment if you need them.

Cheers
Carrot.

Last edited by carrot_eater : 4th October 2017 at 10:13. Reason: grammar
Old 7th October 2017, 07:20   #164

All these years Ive been a car guy, I am from Kerala and off-roading is a part of life here especially if you are on the western side. Hills, winding roads and forest tracks. The road conditions have improved now and the old Mahindra "Jeep" has almost disappeared. Recently on a trip to Malabar where I have some relatives I drove a 30 year old 4X4 jeep and I have become a fan. My cousin has maintained it all these years and handed it over to the next generation. I am planning to buy a Thar. Vagamon and Munnar can expect me soon.
Old 25th October 2018, 07:20   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Updates @3200+ Km and new steel wheels.

Pictures from recent trip to Chalkewadi (Satara)

Hi, could you please post some details of the new steel wheels and how it impacted the ride and handling?
What kind of offset did you go for?

Also how is the new thar going? Been a long time since you updated here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks