Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2012, 12:34   #46
BHPian

Re: Gypsy King - Redefined

The Gypsy is now almost at its final shape, the quality & finish was better then expected. For all those guys at hercules automobiles the job on Gypsy has become a passion rather than a routine repair job. Let the pictures speak further, still a lot more job is remaining like a detachable hard roof on the front, new roll cage, custom soft top, forward facing rear seats etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Gypsy King - Redefined-20111226_122911.jpg  

Gypsy King - Redefined-20111226_122928.jpg  

Gypsy King - Redefined-20111227_155118.jpg  

Gypsy King - Redefined-20111227_155454.jpg  

Anil Vincent is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 17:30   #47

Hello anil,
A job very neatly done- which paint is this and how many coats have they applied?
Old 10th April 2012, 19:18   #48
BHPian

Anil, it has coming out really nicely. Which profile tyres are you running? Also, next time when you're clicking the photos, could you please post some from the inside with the new seats? Thanks!
Old 12th April 2012, 17:24   #49
WMS
BHPian

Really nice and neat job!! hats off to the workshop guys!! stuck to the thread as i am doing up my gypsy also. though mine has still some distance to go. You can have a look and advise. Suzy Blu
Old 24th April 2012, 11:26   #50

Anil your Gypsy is looking great!

Crazyjeeperk, I've recently bought a 1989 MG410..Would you be able to share a good garage's contact details in Cuddalore? I live in Auroville and there is no reliable garage here..

My mobile number is 9786772226, please text or call..

Thanks,
Karthik
Old 24th April 2012, 13:21   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

That is a nice beast that you have got. The alloys look great. How about adding a couple of Hellas in the front? Could you mind sharing the cost of the modification and restoration?
Old 25th April 2012, 16:00   #52
Senior - BHPian

Nice Gypsy you got there Anil Vincent. And good work on it by the workshop too.

Please post some more pictures of the front seats.
Old 25th April 2012, 20:55   #53
BHPian

She looks really beautiful Anil, many congratulations! I bought a Gypsy recently, MPFI King. Currently she's in stock condition and I am really confused as to what kind of modifications I should perform on my Gypsy. I was contemplating an ac, power steering and some modifications to the front seats too. Also, I wanted to get a roll-cage and half cabin. Any recommendations?
Old 25th April 2012, 23:23   #54
Senior - BHPian

Gentle Giant, Congrats. MPFIs are hard to get nowadays. Power Steering is something not so recommended amongst the off roaders. AC is a must have. You can scout Kurla Chor Bazaar for some comfortable Front Seats like Innova, Manza or Tavera.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 17:52   #55
BHPian

Thanks to all you fellow BHPian's for the feed backs and suggestion, the Gypsy is now at the final stage and has took out from the workshop for a few days to spin around. The vehicle is a real head turner and the perfomance was excellent, power steering was a amazing and totally changed the way it used to be driven.

Quote:
A job very neatly done- which paint is this and how many coats have they applied?
The colour used is 'superior white' and paint & materials are from Standox, i am not sure about the numebr of coats, but it was done in order.

Quote:
Which profile tyres are you running? Also, next time when you're clicking the photos, could you please post some from the inside with the new seats?
Thanks Shyam, the tyre are 215/75/R15, i will be uploading the interios pictures soon.
Anil Vincent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 18:43   #56
BHPian

Before going to install the rear seats we decided to have a full length roof and not the 3/4th like the previous one. The plan in to have a removable flat metal top for the driver cabin and a covertible top for the rear area.

Let the pictures speak further -
Attached Thumbnails
Gypsy King - Redefined-20111227_155139.jpg  

Gypsy King - Redefined-20111227_155420.jpg  

Gypsy King - Redefined-roll-bar.jpg  

Gypsy King - Redefined-roll-bar1.jpg  

Gypsy King - Redefined-roll-bar4.jpg  

Gypsy King - Redefined-roll-bar3.jpg  

Old 26th April 2012, 19:04   #57
BHPian

Looks like its straight out of the showroom. Killer mag wheels. You should have opted fro 235 profile tyres. Would look menacing.
So is this going to be a HT one ?
Old 27th April 2012, 08:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anil,

Looks good. Why did you bolt the frame onto the body panel. The rear part has holes on the floor to mount the rods and you could have made a similar arrangement for the front rods as well. That would have provided more rigidity. When i had converted my Ht into ST, the rods were mounted on the body and were not too great in terms of strength and rigidity. Overall, the vehicle looks killer . Is the roof for the drivers cabin going to be a removable one / clip on one.
Old 8th May 2012, 18:03   #59

hello Anil,

have been closely following this build - any update on this project. Have you any close ups of the engine bay and also of the fire wall area. thanks for an update.
Old 14th May 2012, 12:31   #60
BHPian

Thanks every one, i was too busy at work hence didnt got any time to update further, Gypsy lovers can never stop from upgrading and redefining a Gypsy, the customising options for Gypsy are unlimited i must say. So i also cannot say the works are now completed it will keep on going. For now please find the below photographs for the interior with both front seats installed. The seats are extremely comfortable and the driver seat has got 4 way position adjusting.
Attached Thumbnails
Gypsy King - Redefined-4.jpg  

Gypsy King - Redefined-1.jpg  

Anil Vincent is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks