Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 19:41   #1

Difference between a KIKI & Mico fuel pump on Nissan SD 25 engine

Friends anybody here please explain the difference between kiki pump japan and mico pump which is used in sd25 engines , heard that kiki gives better mileage and silent engine working. Tell us points like what kind of pump it is which one has a load sensor , high altitude compensator etc.....
Old 10th November 2011, 10:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Difference between a KIKI & Mico fuel pump on Nissan SD 25 engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3tom View Post
Friends anybody here please explain the difference between kiki pump japan and mico pump which is used in sd25 engines , heard that kiki gives better mileage and silent engine working. Tell us points like what kind of pump it is which one has a load sensor , high altitude compensator etc.....
Hi Joe,

The resident engine conversion expert is Sandeep aka Frankenstein.

I would suggest you PM him to get his personal attention.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 22:16   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,

Did anyone get more info on this regard? I'd love to hear more, especially as somebody recently mentioned that, the rpm of the engine is reduced in the mico pump?

Also, I'd love to know more about the throttle actuation and working of the kiki pump. The bosch is an inline pump.
Old 15th December 2013, 10:00   #4
BHPian

Dhanush, Its Hard to believe You put Mico on your SD25 over kiki without knowing this ?! I too was planning to put SD25 with Kiki on my jeep but dropped because its not worth doing with 5 speed GB. Experts advise was SD25 is "SD25" only with kiki pump.
Old 15th December 2013, 10:31   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Dhanush, Its Hard to believe You put Mico on your SD25 over kiki without knowing this ?! I too was planning to put SD25 with Kiki on my jeep but dropped because its not worth doing with 5 speed GB.
No concrete info that Mico is underpowered or bad performing. However, majority of the reviews says that kiki is smoother. However, I have started my engine with mico and the sound without muffler and air filter is similar to XD3P.. . Also, I'm yet to receive the kiki pump from the previous owner. Once I receive, I'll definitely be able to try both out. Just wondering what the real difference was. No concrete info is available.

Also, I'm a little concerned about the turbo-ability of the kiki pump.
Quote:
Experts advise was SD25 is "SD25" only with kiki pump.
Who is the expert?

Last edited by dhanushs : 15th December 2013 at 11:00.
Old 15th December 2013, 12:24   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post

Also, I'm a little concerned about the turbo-ability of the kiki pump.

Who is the expert?
When I was discussing the Same thing to a "Expert" I got only the drawbacks
of the Engine performance Vs practicality. But if its possible to Turbo charge a SD25 with Mico FP then Its the best engine for Jeeps I think. BTW what turbo you are planning to put ? Tempo Traveler Or Scorpio ?
Old 31st January 2014, 12:03   #7
BHPian

If the sd25 is being turbocharged then use the regular mico pump, if na then use kiki, kiki has bigger elements and its also inline, max rpm in kiki is 2200 pump rpm aka 4400rpm, mico gives more rpm setting. Throttle in kiki works by the amount of airintake. With a turbo sucking more air the kiki will supply too much fuel causing black smoke.

Nowdays kiki s use matador parts itself, and the injector is a mahindra one.
Frankenstein is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 13:03   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
If the sd25 is being turbocharged then use the regular mico pump, if na then use kiki, kiki has bigger elements and its also inline, max rpm in kiki is 2200 pump rpm aka 4400rpm, mico gives more rpm setting. Throttle in kiki works by the amount of airintake. With a turbo sucking more air the kiki will supply too much fuel causing black smoke.

Nowdays kiki s use matador parts itself, and the injector is a mahindra one.
Thanks Sandeep. I'm having problems with my engine, and sorting out one by one. Removed the head and work done. Today will remove the block and work on it - changing the rings et al. Any suggestions while doing the same?

Re: Fuel Pump. Thanks for the information. I got the same info from a very old seasoned mechanic in Calicut. The best thing about Mico pump and 193 # nozzles is that you can set the nozzle pressure till 210, which is very optimal for turbocharging applications. Also, the pump is very much tunable. (I dont know what that means! ) . Right now, I've set the pressure at 200.

Setting the Nozzle Pressure:
Difference between a KIKI & Mico fuel pump on Nissan SD 25 engine-img_4172.jpg
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:37   #9
BHPian

Dhanush, there is nothing called tunable. There is DV setting, full load screw setting and rpm setting and idle setting.Injector pressure cannot be changed. The pic you posted is the pump machine for checking correct injector pressure and for checking any blockages .
Old 12th April 2014, 17:11   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sandeep. I'm having problems with my engine, and sorting out one by one. Removed the head and work done. Today will remove the block and work on it - changing the rings et al. Any suggestions while doing the same?

Re: Fuel Pump. Thanks for the information. I got the same info from a very old seasoned mechanic in Calicut. The best thing about Mico pump and 193 # nozzles is that you can set the nozzle pressure till 210, which is very optimal for turbocharging applications. Also, the pump is very much tunable. (I dont know what that means! ) . Right now, I've set the pressure at 200.

Setting the Nozzle Pressure:
Attachment 1200944
Hello Dhanush

The SD 25 Nissan engine is a IDI engine. I wonder why you have set the nozzle opening pressure upto 200. Even though you are turbocharging the engine is bound to make a lot of nosie and reduced power.
Old 12th April 2014, 18:34   #11
BHPian

Few Info I like to share with my experience,
1.Non turbo fuel pump will not work with Turbo Engine. It needs vacuum actuator attached to the pump to regulate the fuel.
2. Pump should match with the Injectors. Injector pressure are done with trial & error bases if it is fixed for a different engine.
3. Mico Bosch manufacture both pumps. Indirect or Rotary Pump eg:- TATA cars, Direct Pump or Inline pump eg:- Matador.
Mico Bosch pumps always gives more torque. Yes bit audible
Fixing pump for a different engine is bit tricky. Bolting near the timing Gear or clamping at the back is the most Important. It has to hold the vibration for a long time.
narendra.vw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 14:54   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDIsamir View Post
Hello Dhanush

The SD 25 Nissan engine is a IDI engine. I wonder why you have set the nozzle opening pressure upto 200. Even though you are turbocharging the engine is bound to make a lot of nosie and reduced power.
Hi,

Noise, I can understand. But, could you please elaborate on how the power will be compromised?

Thanks,

Dhanush
Old 17th April 2014, 15:04   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Noise, I can understand. But, could you please elaborate on how the power will be compromised?

Thanks,

Dhanush
Generally the Nozzle opening Pressure for a IDI engine is around 120 -130. The elements and the delivery valves are designed according to that. So if you increase the Nozzle opening pressure then the element in the pump is bound to be burdened. Are you sure you have set the NOP to 200. Also let me know if there is better performance.

Regards

Samir

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks