Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2024, 13:31   #1
BHPian

Toyota Hilux demonstration | 1-2 June | Hyderabad

Venue: GMR Convention Center
Date & time: 10 am to 5 pm, 1st and 2nd June (Saturday and Sunday, today and tomorrow at the time of writing)
Requirements: Valid driving licence, must be wearing shoes (slippers, sandals, etc. are not allowed)
Toyota Hilux demonstration | 1-2 June | Hyderabad-hilux-event-poster.jpg

We found out about this from a resident of our community who also helped organise this. This is essentially a marketing event, demonstrating the offroad capabilities of the Hilux. My dad and I went this morning (in fact, we were the first guests to sign up, given the serial number 01), and my goodness was it a fabulous experience.

First off, the instructor drove a lap of the entire course, showing and explaining the truck's capabilities. Then my dad drove on the course with me also in the car.
  1. A zig-zag obstacle course (first in 2-Hi and then in 4-Lo to showcase the difference that makes in handling)
  2. Lane change maneuver (think moose test without getting back in lane)
  3. Steep 35 degree slope (to showcase hill-hold assist and hill descent control)
  4. Wheel articulation course (to showcase suspension travel as well as the diff-lock)
  5. Driving down a staircase
  6. A see-saw (bringing the truck onto the pivot and then inching forward to come down onto the other side, once again showcasing suspension travel)

We had to go to the airport early this morning anyways, so we were at the venue before the scheduled start time. Hence, the truck we were in flagged off the event, meaning that we were the first on the course! We were then asked to give a short interview after our drive was over. Fun stuff.

The instructor was top-notch, a very skilled driver who obviously knew the Hilux like the back of his hand. The organisers and staff were very friendly and knowledgable, going by the book and checking all participants' licences for validity, ensuring that theyhad shoes on and taking note of their previous offroading experience (which in our case was very little). We were even introduced to the CEO of one of the dealers in participation!

This was a display at the event.
Toyota Hilux demonstration | 1-2 June | Hyderabad-hilux-event-display-1.jpg
Toyota Hilux demonstration | 1-2 June | Hyderabad-hilux-event-display-2.jpg

The wristband with the (barely readable) serial number: 01!
Toyota Hilux demonstration | 1-2 June | Hyderabad-hilux-event-01.jpg
Toyota Hilux demonstration | 1-2 June | Hyderabad-hilux-event-band.jpg

Any BHPians and offroad enthusiasts in Hyderabad, I would highly recommend this event to you if you have the time to spare. They'll be a couple of very well spent hours. Cheers!

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 1st June 2024 at 13:44.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks