Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 08:52   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
right .. I meant this: Samurai's Photos : Travel- powered by SmugMug
this make me want to buy a gypsy
Oh, I call it my image hosting site.

If the travel section makes you buy a Gypsy, what would this following section make you buy?

Samurai's Photos : Cars : Offroading- powered by SmugMug
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:28   #92
BHPian

Hi Samurai,

Like your narration,I feel as though I was there in my jeep. Why do you say that your jeep may breakdown suddenly, were there issues you were anticipating,would crop up?

Andy
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:17   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
4k is a steal!! But can you confirm the size? Has he changed the rim size of his pick up? I think all pik-ups came with 16 inch rim. (except maxx-maxi pik up truck)

Contact details of the source from where he sourced it will be useful.
Hi Vinod,

From the looks of the pikup,it seems to be pre 2000 or just round the corner of year 2000. Commercial pikup round that time came with 15 inch rim size.

I own a similar pikup, its a double cab.

Regards
Andy
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:38   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Like your narration,I feel as though I was there in my jeep. Why do you say that your jeep may breakdown suddenly, were there issues you were anticipating,would crop up?
Well, I am not very hands-on with the mechanicals. And I have had close calls related to the reliability of Jeep.

1) The oil pipe broke at 1AM in the ghats section. Got saved by the others who were with me in the convoy.
2) The leaf shackle nut was about to fall off once, another driver alerted me before it was too late.
3) I have lost U-clamps on my Jeeps at least twice, even in this trip.
4) I have had battery drain out because of a fused out ignition bulb.

I keep my Jeep in the best health possible with regular visits to Mahindra Workshop and use only OE parts. Still, parts keep falling off or fail. Compared to this Grand Vitara is just rock solid, nothing ever happens to it inspite of all the abuse it takes.

Therefore, I am always wary of driving long distance on the Jeep alone.
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:06   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Oh, I call it my image hosting site.

If the travel section makes you buy a Gypsy, what would this following section make you buy?

Samurai's Photos : Cars : Offroading- powered by SmugMug
.. now it changes the equation , something like : gypsy with SPOA + winch + fat tyres + snorkel + lights + high lift jack.
Did i miss out anything ?
Old 5th October 2009, 14:44   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Hi Samurai,

Andy
OT: Hey Andy finally you and your crazy Pick-Up is here!!! Welcome to Team-BHP

--Sree--
Old 16th October 2009, 14:13   #97
Senior - BHPian

@Samurai san
On NH48, while coming from Hassan side, after where exactly do you deviate to bisle ghats? How are the road conditions after all the rains? I understood you have to drive upto a viewpoint. Further from there where does it go?

I am impressed with the pictures of bisle Is there any big water falls in the 20 odd there ?

Last edited by laluks : 16th October 2009 at 14:20.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:09   #98
Team-BHP Support

I don't know the name of that place. It is just before the spot where they had closed Shiradi ghat on the sakleshpur side.

The water falls, they are all small. Nothing bigger than what I have shown.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:49   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
@Samurai san
On NH48, while coming from Hassan side, after where exactly do you deviate to bisle ghats? How are the road conditions after all the rains? I understood you have to drive upto a viewpoint. Further from there where does it go?
Hi Lalu,
if you come from hassan, at sakleshpur, take SH8 which goes to Kodlipete. another alternative route is continue on NH48 after sakleshpur and take a deviation on left at Munzerabad fort which will again take you to SH8. on SH8 after around 15km(on either ways from sakleshpur), on the right side, there is a deviation to Bisle Ghat which will lead to subramanya.
So planning to take your Civic eh??
Old 16th October 2009, 16:07   #100
Senior - BHPian

Thanks star_aqua, Samurai san.
Civic? by your wicked smile, I think I am better off in my Swift
Old 16th October 2009, 16:33   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Hi Lalu,
if you come from hassan, at sakleshpur, take SH8 which goes to Kodlipete. another alternative route is continue on NH48 after sakleshpur and take a deviation on left at Munzerabad fort which will again take you to SH8. on SH8 after around 15km(on either ways from sakleshpur), on the right side, there is a deviation to Bisle Ghat which will lead to subramanya.
So planning to take your Civic eh??
You will not find any directions regarding SH nos. The only route from Sakleshpur to Bisle is on the SH 8 no doubt, but you have to continue on NH 48 till Donigal - Manjarabad fort. You will find signboards indicating directions to Manjarabad Fort. There will be a few tea shops/canteens towards your left. Immediately after these tea shops, the road curves to your right and there is a fork (almost parallel roads). Here you have to take the left side.

From here continue until Byakaravalli junction. This is the first major junction you will encounter on this road. Take a right here. There is a signboard indicating direction & distance to Kukke Subramanya. But, it is in Kannada and even that has almost been erased due to the incessant rain in the region. From here on, it is a straight road to Bisle ghat/Kukke Subramanya. You will pass Hethur, Vanagur & Bisle villages on the way.

@laluks, you are better off taking your swift, but I think the civic can manage except for a couple of places where you might get your underbelly scratched

Last edited by addyhemmige : 16th October 2009 at 16:36.
Old 16th October 2009, 21:29   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
You will not find any directions regarding SH nos. The only route from Sakleshpur to Bisle is on the SH 8 no doubt, but you have to continue on NH 48 till Donigal - Manjarabad fort. You will find signboards indicating directions to Manjarabad Fort. There will be a few tea shops/canteens towards your left. Immediately after these tea shops, the road curves to your right and there is a fork (almost parallel roads). Here you have to take the left side.

From here continue until Byakaravalli junction. This is the first major junction you will encounter on this road. Take a right here. There is a signboard indicating direction & distance to Kukke Subramanya. But, it is in Kannada and even that has almost been erased due to the incessant rain in the region. From here on, it is a straight road to Bisle ghat/Kukke Subramanya. You will pass Hethur, Vanagur & Bisle villages on the way.

@laluks, you are better off taking your swift, but I think the civic can manage except for a couple of places where you might get your underbelly scratched
Thank you very much addyhemmige. Very descriptive, now if I miss the roads I must be a dumbo
Old 20th October 2009, 00:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

Found the ghats guys!! Thanks for the directions.
I got in from Gorur side and got out at Shiradi!!

Roads - what?? where??, it was pure madness and fun! See some pics.Monsoon Offroading/Trail-driving in Sakleshpur and Bisle Ghat-dscn5253.jpg

Some stream crossing!!
Monsoon Offroading/Trail-driving in Sakleshpur and Bisle Ghat-dscn5276.jpg

My log of the travel is soon coming up.
Old 20th October 2009, 10:41   #104
Team-BHP Support

The water level is lot less compared to last month...

Old 20th October 2009, 17:06   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Found the ghats guys!! Thanks for the directions.
I got in from Gorur side and got out at Shiradi!!

Roads - what?? where??, it was pure madness and fun! See some pics.Attachment 212661

My log of the travel is soon coming up.
Oh my!! the road is virtually washed away. I did not know it was this bad

Which route did you take from Gorur? Did you happen to visit the Gorur dam?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks