Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2016, 21:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Report: The 2016 Rain Forest Challenge @ Goa

Great coverage Samurai.Really brought out the RFC difficulty for a 4x4 noob like me.

I had seen the RFC Gurkha at the Auto Expo and has thought it to be a brute. But the Super Jeep dwarfs it by a big margin. Here is hoping that it is competitive in next year's RFC.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by SDP : 5th September 2016 at 20:08. Reason: Typo
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 12:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Great coverage of RFC. As others have pointed, it is as good as experiencing the event personally. But I am a tad disappointed that there is no coverage of any of the Gerrari teams.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 13:22   #33
Team-BHP Support

Even I was disappointed that I didn't catch the winner Gerrari team in action, that was pure bad luck for me. The format is such that if I chase a specific team, I have to wait a lot doing nothing while missing lots of action from others.

Instead I pick an interesting SS which is seeing some action, fully understand the trail, and then cover anyone who comes along to capture the unfolding drama until some suceess. That way I can build a story. I think I captured most teams, with the notable exception of Gerrari.
Old 18th August 2016, 15:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Then I notice that the exhaust is under water, which means he simply cannot afford to switch off. I start taking a video of that, and then the marshal next to me tells me about the driver, listen carefully. It is a very heart-warming story. This driver eventually finished the RFC at 12th place, but I think he won lots of hearts.
Hi Samurai, I went back to read the report. There were some videos I didn't finish yesterday. Watched the left over videos today along with a re-read of the full thread to get the context.

I didn't understand the above quoted text. Was the story told in some video? What was the story?
Old 18th August 2016, 16:20   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
I didn't understand the above quoted text. Was the story told in some video? What was the story?
Listen to the audio carefully in the video right under that comment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks