Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2018, 14:01   #46
BHPian

re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I hope not.

The platform, interiors everything looks fine, but that flat bonnet looks out of place. It looks manageable in the sedan format, but would totally look out of place on a hatchback like the Brio.

I believe a new Brio will come though. Everyone manufacturer now follows this format - the sedan first and then the hatchback.
On the contrary, I would love to see a flat bonnet hatch. Kind of throwback to the flat geometric designs from the 70s and 80s. That would be coool. Honda has totally wowed me with this new design for the amaze!
sai_ace is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 14:42   #47
BHPian

The interiors look leagues ahead of the present Amaze. The new body styling though is somehow not to my taste. Reminds me of the 118NE from PAL. I feel this bonnet style would look better on a hatch (Brio).
speedmunster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 15:01   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Hoping to see some coverage on the CRV.
Some other websites had put up some interior pics of th CRV displayed at the auto expo and I’m glad Honda has taken a bold step to offer the automatic gear on a button instead of the level. This is a first for our market. Currently only Lambos and Ferrari’s have a similar system.

Any news on the launch date of the CRV and Amaze? Which one comes first?
Old 8th February 2018, 15:26   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Hoping to see some coverage on the CRV.
Thread just went live : Honda CR-V @ Auto Expo 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
A "compressed" BMW 5-series!
Actually this is what I thought it looked like a compressed version of...

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-screenshot_20180207085924.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-2008dodgechargersesedansideview-copy.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th February 2018 at 15:31.
Rehaan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 16:10   #50
BHPian

That boxy rear does remind me of Ameo from the same segment. Is the Cruise Control a segment first feature in Amaze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Where does the new Amaze and the new Dzire leave Hyundai Xcent in the competition for sub 4m sedan now? I am not too sure Tata was a serious player even though they have Tigor.
Dzire with the new generation has already propelled the sales to another level which can never be matched by any of the Compact Sedans out there. However, Amaze could seriously dent Xcent's sales numbers and become number 2 in the segment. Infact, Amaze was indeed in the 2nd position when the Xcent was launched and was able to maintain for more than a year till the end of 2015, after which Xcent took over (not due to Xcent's increase in sales, but due to poor sales from Amaze) and pushed Amaze to third position.
Old 8th February 2018, 16:41   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Dzire with the new generation has already propelled the sales to another level which can never be matched by any of the Compact Sedans out there. However, Amaze could seriously dent Xcent's sales numbers and become number 2 in the segment. Infact, Amaze was indeed in the 2nd position when the Xcent was launched and was able to maintain for more than a year till the end of 2015, after which Xcent took over (not due to Xcent's increase in sales, but due to poor sales from Amaze) and pushed Amaze to third position.
True that! I just hope that Honda doesn't shoot them self by pricing the Amaze ridiculously and have their eyes firmly on the Dzire numbers
Old 8th February 2018, 18:58   #52
BHPian

The front end of 2018 Honda Amaze appears SUV like with almost vertical front end and a horizontal bonnet. The front-end design looks good; although little busy with lot of angles and creases. Overall, new Amaze is having a boxy appearance. This design is also expected to open-up more space and give an airy feeling inside. I say, boxy cars are having their share of success in India as that design offers more package in a small foot print.

The interior design has evolved and is better than previous model. However, from pictures, it appears, the steering wheel is chunky and I would have preferred a smaller one.

What we can look forward, a better 1.2-litre engine with better bottom end torque; not the same 88 PS iVTEC!

Wish, this model would throw some serious challenge to monopoly of Maruti Dzire.
Old 8th February 2018, 21:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

The first thing that came to my mind, Amaze looks so ' American '. It looks good in bits and pieces. Very polarising in some angles. Hope Honda don't skimp on quality.
Old 8th February 2018, 22:57   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Thread just went live : Honda CR-V @ Auto Expo 2018

Actually this is what I thought it looked like a compressed version of...

Attachment 1726967

Attachment 1726966
This is a crazy coincidence. Just yesterday I had mentioned the exact same thing to Suhaas when he was clicking the car. I told him it looked like a american Dodge charger. Mainly because of the horizontal hood and squared off design language.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 11:47   #55
BHPian

I had a chance to witness the Amaze yesterday at the Auto Expo, and I have to say that it looks better in flesh than in photos. It looks boxy from certain angles but overall, the design elements come together to make it look like a proper baby Honda.

The CR-V inspired interior is a big step up from the current one, however I still feel they could've added a few more chrome/piano Black bits here and there to amp up the premium feel. Most reviews have praised the overall fit and finish, which is a great thing.

They are hell bent on marketing themselves as a premium brand, going by the number of times the word was mentioned in their presentations. According to that strategy, I expect the new Amaze to follow the pricing strategy followed by recent Hondas (WR-V and City 2017) - priced at the upper end of the segment, and without a bare bones base model.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 9th February 2018 at 11:49.
Old 9th February 2018, 22:52   #56
BHPian

This car finally starts to live up to its name. This looks very mature and seems like a product into which a lot of thought has gone into, unlike the previous gen which just looked uncreative. With the D'zire being a beast in its current iteration, Honda India probably didn't have much choice. Coupled with decent engines and both getting the CVTs, it is going to be an interesting couple of years for the car and the ICS segment.
Old 11th February 2018, 12:07   #57

Looks good. Front looks like compact SUV but that's no bad thing considering our love for compact SUVs.
Old 19th February 2018, 19:49   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Official homepage of the 2018 Honda Amaze is now up and running.

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-1.jpg

Seems like they are following Team-BHP keenly. Our forum figures twice in the Media & Reviews listing.

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-2.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-3.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 20:44   #59
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't look like a Honda design at all. Not that gen 1 Amaze was a good looker, but this is hardly any better. The boxy shape IMHO will not age well and the car will look outdated very soon. But the competition isn't any better so hope this car does well. The Diesel CVT is definitely something I am looking forward to as it should be a game changer as sooner or later the AMT Dezire owing Junta will realize that AMTs are just way too inferior compared to CVTs and TC boxes.

Last edited by SPARKled : 19th February 2018 at 20:46.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 09:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Wow! Amazing improvements in the overall appearance of the Car. A facelift in real meaning. Honda Amaze is no more an extended version of Brio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Seems like they are following Team-BHP keenly. Our forum figures twice in the Media & Reviews listing.
Oh!! Great to see my (our) comment adopted in Honda's Marketing Campaign. This is the first time for me.
SJM1214 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks