Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 16:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A chilled-out road trip to Bhopal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Short and sweet travelogue, just the way I like it. In a way M.P always makes me feel like something out of a Doordarshan show, its the only place where the essence of India is preserved, where the charm and almost unassuming innocence of the nation, as it used to be, is still around, from Indore to Bhopal to Rewa. Khajuraho is wild though.
Bhopal is lake city, love that most of the greenery and forestry in M.P is still preserved and hope that it never develops into another concrete mixer like "cities" of today. Great food in M.P as well, balanced veggie food with moderate spicing. I love exploring raw nature.. the greenery and naturally created paths with flowing rivulets and rocks as company, beats temples, monuments and malls any day.
You have summed it up very well, actually. Thanks!

Quote:
Loved the photos of the tribal artwork and local handicrafts, and suddenly I've a hankering for poha jalebi.
Thanks, glad that you loved the photos.
Very few comparisons crop up when one thinks of a hot poha-jalebi combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Try Chanderi in winters or rainy season. You will be blown away with what it has to offer.
Marking that for my next visit, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwagh View Post
Lovely travelogue JoshMachine, loved the crisp writing and pics. I really miss Indian Coffee House here in Pune, absolutely love the taste of sambhar which they serve in ICH. I have been to Bhopal a few times but have never been able to experience the city at leisure.
Thanks.
Lack of an ICH outlet in Pune is something, which I too sorely miss.

Quote:
BTW, have you tried the Nasik route for going towards Indore, I have traveled to Ujjain a couple of times through Nasik and found it much easier than Ahmednagar route. Sparse truck traffic after Chakan and the roads are also quite good.
Nope, all my trips to M.P / Bhopal have been via the Ahmednagar route only so have no experience of the Nashik sector.
Will want to try it out the next time round.

Quote:
Hope our paths cross sometime, I stay near Dahanukar colony, very close to Warje
Oh sure! We can meet up just like that, let's plan
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 18:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: A chilled-out road trip to Bhopal

Cross-posting from my other thread - we had another great road trip to Bhopal in the last week of 2022. However this time round, it was the A4 providing the magic carpet ride. Have documented the entire experience over here.

Few details worth sharing now..

Route taken was slightly different, instead of going via Ahmednagar, we went by Sinnar:-

A chilled-out road trip to Bhopal-overall-route.png

The A4 caught against the lovely morning rays:-

A chilled-out road trip to Bhopal-img_4942.jpg

While in Bhopal, we went to visit some other places.

Like the majestic Bhojpur temple:-

A chilled-out road trip to Bhopal-img_4948.jpg

..alongwith the beautiful Sanchi Stupa:-

A chilled-out road trip to Bhopal-img_4969.jpg

..passed by the Tropic of Cancer:-

A chilled-out road trip to Bhopal-img_4972.jpg

A chilled-out road trip to Bhopal-img_4986.jpg

and my all-time favorite, the Tribal Museum:-

A chilled-out road trip to Bhopal-img_5038.jpg

Like last time round, I drove to my heart's content and covered close to 1900 kms to & fro.

A chilled-out road trip to Bhopal-img_5052.jpg

I recall from our last drive in the Vento, the FE hovered around 19 km/l. This time, the A4 with its twice as powerful turbo petrol engine did a not-so-bad job with 15.2 km/l.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks