Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2010, 21:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile

This buy was inspired from Superman.

When all men chose to wear breif's over trousers, he was the one who changed it inside out (well, not literally). I mean, he wore trousers before the briefs'.

"Is there a treatment to cure my ICE insanity ?"

I had asked this question more than once in the last 6 months. I have only myself to blame, only myself. Tbhp, with a generous dose of sympathy did put up a "risks before entering the ICE forum" sticky well up the page. HOwever, even after reading all of those, my mind failed to register any of them.

I ve spending a lot of time in upgrades of my ICE for the past one year. HOwever the biggest bolt came, when my build for ultimate SQ exposed the limitations of my i10 (now sold).

My heady mix of Eclipse + Morel Combo shook her off so much that even after 3 layers of damping in doors, they reproduced vibrations to perfection. All these with out the Sub install

So took the insane plunge and sold for my year old i10, as i was fully convinced that i needed a bigger, better built car for all my ICE cravings.

Initially had a budget o 10L for the car, but you know 'empty mind is devil's workshop" so i splurged on ICE equipmets and down went 1.5L down th drain.

So with my revised budget of 8.5L i started to look out for a Sedan.

My Prime requirements were:
Solid Build Quality (I cant stand any more squeaks and rattles)
Reasonably powerful
Good Boot space
Decent A.S.S
Only Petrol power

So had the following under consideration;
SX4
Linea 1.4
Jazz
Polo 1.6
Fiesta 1.6

SX4 was very big, nothing majorly wrong but somehow got to know from the forum that theirSpeaker locations were rather shallow, also steering mounted audio controls - well, i wont need them anyway, so better not to have it than to keep them without use. -Rejected

Linea 1.4 Superb Boot and soild Build. HOwever engine was bit of a letdown, but i was ok with it. The Major issue was actually with the Stock System.Again heard from few members on complexity involved in replacing the Stock HU. - Rejected

Jazz, got the vote of my wife. So that one reason is enough for it to be in the list. It infact scored well in almost all departments except the complexity involved in removing the Stock HU. I checked with Honda dealer here, and they do not produce dash kit for Jazz in India. - Rejected

Polo 1.6 was the car i had an eye on from very beginning. Becasue for 6.96 OTR here, its easily the best 1.6 Hatch available today. Build Quality was outstanding, inside out. But biggest hit was the waiting period - 3 months ?? Also, electrical warranty is viod if i replace the Stock HU. - Rejected

Fiesta 1.6 was in my heart for a very long time, but its outdated design and the news of new Fiesta coming in 2011, was playing in my mind. It has decent power, but the way it puts down that 101 bhp is phenomenal.
But what actually made it click is its location of Midbass, well up the doors, Good Boot, 480 litres and the soild build. At 8L OTR after discounts it was well within my budget.
Also, with so many ICE'd fiesta's running around the forum it was really reassuring for me to go with it.

Went with Sports variant as, it is easily the most stylish looking sedan in Stock form that my 8L can buy

So here i present my Scintillating Fiesta 1.6 S in Paparika Red.

Of course the ICE install will begin very soon - Watch out guys, its a crazy, freakin, lunatic build.

Till then do enjoy few pics of my noobish photograhic skills,

The Sign of a Star - Bold S
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-pa105747crop.jpg

Superb 5 Spoke Alloys - One of the Best Stock Alloys
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-pa105739.jpg

Understated Tail Lamp cluster - Seems like a rip from older Laura ?
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-pa105751.jpg

Dual Barrel Headamps with Smoked inserts - Nice Sporty Touch
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-pa105749.jpg

Oversized Spoiler - For that Killer Looks
Name:  PA105741.JPG
Views: 2798
Size:  312.2 KB

Chrome Tailed End Can - Looks good, but sounds great
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-pa105746.jpg

Lower Profile Tires with full Body Kit - Lends an Aggressive stance
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-pa105742.jpg

As said earlier, the Swift stays - Fiesta replaces the i10"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-pa105738.jpg
Old 10th October 2010, 22:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that is super. Congratulations on your new buy. I'm also contemplating a 1.6S for a while now and waiting for the year end discounts to be announced by ford. Meanwhile, i see you have picked it up from MPL, can you tell me in detail about the deal you got or alternatively PM me please? Also, please do post more pictures inside out. Thanks Mi10
Old 10th October 2010, 22:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Mi10, Congratulations on your new acquisition.

You have got yourself a good VFM performance/drivers car at this side of 10L. I'm curious to know the reason why you didn't wait for Linea T-Jet? Is it because of the fact that ICE-ing a Linea is a pretty complex job?

I guess there are teaser pictures and I'm waiting for more pictures.And yes, I'm eagerly waiting for your updates on ICE upgrade.

Drive safe. Always wear your seat-belts.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 10th October 2010 at 22:04.
Old 10th October 2010, 22:38   #4
BHPian

Man!
This colour looks so good that I now feel I could have bought my S in this colour but Sea Grey looks stunning too.
Have a great time ICEing and keep us updated. We S owners are a different lot altogether, we just want the best.
Look at her backside, looks so out-of-India.
Easily the best looking car in it's range for me.
I know I am bragging a lot but you need to ''Feel the Difference'' to appreciate what I feel.
Old 10th October 2010, 22:54   #5
BHPian

Mi10@, Congrats once again! Guess, time to change your handle now that the i10 is gone:-}

Have you got the dashkit? Your HU is single-din right? I have been told the price of dashkit ranges from 2500-3500 but not able to make up mind without seeing the same. If you are able to get one, please let me know...i also need one.
Old 10th October 2010, 23:33   #6
BHPian

Congratulations man !

Of the cars u considered and your requirements,Fiesta 1.6S emerges as the clear winner.
Great choice of car and happy mile crunching.
Old 11th October 2010, 07:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Mi10 and welcome to the Fiesta family.

The colour looks rocking. Great buy. When was the buy and what was the OTR? Pls post in more details and we definitely want some more pics.

I can see that you brought the S to ICE it. Do keep us posted on that ICEing process too.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
Old 11th October 2010, 08:43   #8
BHPian

You got a great ride there, hope you enjoy every moment in the car. The more I look at this car, the more i'm tempted to get one for me. One Q though, with the 1.6S you get 5 alloys or 4 alloys + 1 steel wheel ?

When is the ICE install planned, I am looking forward to that thread.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Mi10, Congratulations on your new acquisition.

You have got yourself a good VFM performance/drivers car at this side of 10L. I'm curious to know the reason why you didn't wait for Linea T-Jet? Is it because of the fact that ICE-ing a Linea is a pretty complex job?

I guess there are teaser pictures and I'm waiting for more pictures.And yes, I'm eagerly waiting for your updates on ICE upgrade.

Drive safe. Always wear your seat-belts.

Amith
Thanks, Amith

Yes Linea T-Jet was out because of complexity in replacing the Stock HU.

I haven't got the time to get her out for an outdoor Photo shoot, Wioll prob do that in couple of days

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Man!
This colour looks so good that I now feel I could have bought my S in this colour but Sea Grey looks stunning too.
Have a great time ICEing and keep us updated. We S owners are a different lot altogether, we just want the best.
Look at her backside, looks so out-of-India.
Easily the best looking car in it's range for me.
I know I am bragging a lot but you need to ''Feel the Difference'' to appreciate what I feel.
Thanks Abhipuru, it truly is something special, as it not like any other run of the mill car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Mi10@, Congrats once again! Guess, time to change your handle now that the i10 is gone:-}

Have you got the dashkit? Your HU is single-din right? I have been told the price of dashkit ranges from 2500-3500 but not able to make up mind without seeing the same. If you are able to get one, please let me know...i also need one.
Mi10 is a lucky name, don't you guys think do ?

I will enquire on the Dash kit and keep you posted for sure, Sanjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Congratulations man !

Of the cars u considered and your requirements,Fiesta 1.6S emerges as the clear winner.
Great choice of car and happy mile crunching.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congratulations Mi10 and welcome to the Fiesta family.

The colour looks rocking. Great buy. When was the buy and what was the OTR? Pls post in more details and we definitely want some more pics.

I can see that you brought the S to ICE it. Do keep us posted on that ICEing process too.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
Many Thanks ghodlur,

I had no other color option. sad that the Aquarius was stopped.

I didn't find any other color interesting. OTR after discounts was 7.96L.

Sure, ICE is the reason i brought her, and will surely update very soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
You got a great ride there, hope you enjoy every moment in the car. The more I look at this car, the more i'm tempted to get one for me. One Q though, with the 1.6S you get 5 alloys or 4 alloys + 1 steel wheel ?

When is the ICE install planned, I am looking forward to that thread.
Thanks Arun, I dont thin there is a better Sedan to ICE under 8L. Your other options will be, Dzire, Manza, Logan and probably the bare all version of Vento 1.6

I think it has only 4 alloys. The Spare tire has only steel wheels.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:30   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Fiesta S. A true drivers car south of 10 Lakhs.

Do enjoy many more happy miles with the Fiesta.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:16   #11
BHPian

Congratulations on the new purchase. Fiesta 1.6 is indeed a good car. Even though it looks a bit sedate, I am not a fan of the upcoming 2011 sedan looks. But the fiesta hatch is awesome though.

However I too wish that ford could have done a better job with the tail lights

Do post more pics and happy motoring
Old 11th October 2010, 13:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

The S looks gorgeous in Paprika red. Never thought the red color would look so nice in the S. Amazing choice!

Awaiting specs of the crazy stuff planned for this lady in red!
Old 11th October 2010, 13:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mi10, she looks gorgeous! Looking forward to more on the actual driving experience!

Now do your ice magic!
Old 11th October 2010, 14:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

100 km update

Many Thanks nkrishnap, gshanky and anekho

@ anachronix: Thanks Bro, Was a close call between Silver and Red, went with Red as it matches the alloys well.

First milestone of 100 KM is crossed. I am out of words in trying to express my joy when i take her on corners. NIL body roll, have'nt expereinced an Indian car like this in my life, till date.

I Love it:
  • What a looker - I ve become an overnight celebrity in office as people i know / dont know come and wish me. Its a stand out in my parking lot which is overflowing with ANHC, Swifts and i10s.
  • Engine - Revv happy and powerful. already hit the 5K rpm twice.
  • Gearbox - What a gem, precise and soild
  • Suspension - Stiffer setup is a boon for high speed driving,. Excellent in corners
  • Steering - an absolutle, unadultered, neutral and direct feedback. Very involving drive, Unlike the EPS of Maruthi's or the MAPS (Motor assisted PS) of Hyundai's
  • Good Boot space - Will soon be utilised to the fullest :-)
  • Dash - the INterior soft plastic Dash is superb. They are very soft to touch and doesn reflect sun light like hard pastic ones
  • Front Seats - They are comfortable and hug the body, Nice driving position too
  • Visbility - After driving the claustrophobic swift, the Fiesta makes us feel like we're literally on the Road. Superb Visibility. Best in class i would say.
  • Engine Growl: The sound after 4K rpm is heady, and will tempt you to revv the nuts out of the car
  • A/C: A chiller, cools quick. The throw is also effective
  • All Black and deep ebony Blue Interiors appeal to me.

I Loathe it:
  • Fuel Efficiency figures: Will update you by this weekend, but on the looks of it, doesn seem very promising.
  • Not many cubby holes around the front seats. I cant keep my Toll ticket !!
  • Indicator in Console is too small and almost impossible to check if its running in daylight
  • Green Backlit display reminds me that i am driving a dated car
  • The power window switches is placed slightly inconvienetly. I need to bend my elbow to operate them (which was not the case with my earlier cars)
  • The Floor mat Ford got me was Light Brown colored soft mats. I dont know what will be its fate when the rain comes
  • Breaks: Not sure if it behaves this way. The Breaks seem to lack bite and seems a tad slower to react.

I dont care about it:
  • The Stock Music System - Reasonably ok, but then who cares
  • Small OVRM for the car of this size
  • Tires, Good Year NCT 195/55/ they aren't very grippy, but neverthless better than JK's and MRF's
  • Front Headlamps, again not class leading, but designed with purpose.
  • Bonnet Lever on passenger side, Wiper controls on the right side -I am ok with these small things
  • DTE: The readings throw up some unimaginable figures from time to time.
Overall, enjoying the car very much. I think its a very good buy considering my needs.

Will try to put up some nice pics over this week.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

In case you dint notice this space, for toll slips there is a small compartment right below the headlamp switch.

The brakes, they lack feel! But, they do the job extremely well. It took me a while to get used to them. Btw, dont be too hard on your brakes until they are properly run-in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks