Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 23:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report

Started off wanting to buy a Swift petrol. Ended up buying a Figo diesel. Well, the whole story of how and why I decided on Figo is here, but to put it in one line: I fell in love with the way it moves! I did a lot of analysis and decided that Swift makes the best sense, and then dumped all that analysis and good sense, and went with what my heart longed for - the Ford experience.

Buying: Last Thursday, I waded through the rains in my Xeta, went to MPL and booked it. The sales lady remembered me who had test driven Figo a couple of months back. I paid the booking amount, was told about a 50-day waiting period which I didnt mind as I already had a car. I told her that whatever amount the Xeta will fetch in exchange, will be the down payment. Rest needs to be financed. My color preference was in this order: Sea Grey, Black and White. Booked Zxi diesel with black dash.

Same evening, while I was returning from my in-laws' place, the SA called me asked me if I would like to take a black ZXi which another customer had not taken, and yes it had the black (ebony?) dash. I said hell yes, I want it immediately. Everything went blazing fast! Next day I had applied for loan, loan was approved in 2 days, Tuesday I traded in my Xeta, Wednesday (yesterday) Figo went for registration and today (Thursday) it is delivered with the number plate!

WOW - One week flat! That includes loan processing, exchanging my current car and registration that too with permanent number, no temp number plate! Am I lucky or what! THANKS TO NANDANAM MPL, they handled everything very well!

I did not take my camera with me when taking delivery. Will take some better pics this weekend, and post them. Just a couple of pics clicked with my mobile cam at the showroom before the number plate was fitted.

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo1.jpg

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo2.jpg

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo3.jpg

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo4.jpg

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo5.jpg

Now the important part: How does the car feel?

Well, I have driven 50 kms as of now, so take this as "initial impressions". I will keep adding to this thread as I move along.

Driving: A Thriller!

1. Steering is the best of all the hatches I have driven. Yes, this includes Punto. I have never driven a Palio. Highly responsive, and it offers feel and feedback while being easy to operate at the same time.

2. Car changes direction / changes lanes very willingly. This is the single most loveable aspect of Figo, I would say its USP.

3. Engine: This is a gem! If lightfooted it potters along with the loads of torque pulling effortlessly. If pressed slightly it lunges forward with a huge turbo kick! Ford have successfully mastered the art of giving a turbo kick without a turbo lag .

4. Ride is actually better than my Indica. Yes, I swear. I did try driving over exactly the same bad patch of road multiple times that I used to take my Indica over regularly. Surprised that Figo actually beats Indica in ride quality.

5. Handling: I am able to chuck the car into corners confidently and it feels very, very stable. Full points here.

Comfort and interiors: Could be better...

1. The driver seat is too narrow and too hard. Will definitely give back pain, but seat height adjust comes as a savior. If I keep changing the position, there is no problem.

2. Steering position and pedal position are spot-on.

3. There are far less storage areas in Figo than in my Indica. A storage spot below the steering wheel would have been good.

4. Boot space is enormous!

Features and value: This is where I think Figo is a winner!
1. The bluetooth sync with phone works like a charm! Attending to calls when driving is no longer a hassle.

2. The audio system sounds good!

3. AC is a chiller! Kept getting cold with the AC in "1" position. This is Chennai.

4. Rear wiper will be useful in rains, or when the rear windshield gets dirty.

5. Seat height adjust as I mentioed is a must in this car. Otherwise one will get back pain.

Now I am going to talk a little bit about how to sync the phone with the music system. Here are the main points in a nutshell:

1. You need to press and hold the button with the bluetooth icon
2. Of course, you need to have BT turned on in the phone.
3. It will search and detect your phone. Will ask if you want to pair. Say "Yes". (selection button is the "next song" button "">>").
4. After pairing, it will synchronize. Will take several minutes, should be patient.
5. Once this is done, the system will detect this particular phone whenever bluetooth is turned on in the phone
... and thats it, done! I am able to make and recieve calls sitting in the car without touching the phone. I think this feature is really cool!

As I mentioned, these are all just initial impressions picked up from 50 kms. I will keep updating my experiences with this car, in this thread. It should eventually (hopefully) turn into a long term ownership thread.

Feels good to have my Figo! I am one happy camper right now.
Old 27th May 2010, 23:41   #2
BHPian

Congrats on the ride.Lots of figos raining on this forum is a testament to the great pricing/package of figo.
As you rightly said it is one chuckable hatch.planning any mods?
Old 27th May 2010, 23:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your car purchase.
The color for sure is good, Do update us on your FE figures going forward
BTW, how much did they take your old car for? How old was it?
Just seeing how the offer is for the replaced car?
Old 27th May 2010, 23:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

@aditya: no, i am not planning on any mods as of now. No cash

A few more details:
1. USB cable is not in stock, the sales lady will inform me when it is.

2. Seat covers are not in stock (!). I need to place an order if I want them.

3. F.E: Too early to tell. I set the tripmeter to zero when getting the tank filled, so all I have to do is drive a few more kms and tankfull again to get an idea. But the DTE (distance to empty) suggests an FE of 13.9 so far. Is that good or bad?

4. The sales person went an extra mile to get me a better price for the Xeta, than what the Maruti TrueValue guys and other third party dealers offered after negotiation. That too in such a short timeframe.

5. The finance coordinator went extra miles to try and get my loan approved asap.

6. As I was in a hurry, they did the whole delivery process (including fitting number plate) in less than an hour. Thanks to MPL again!

7. Initially I had heard that MPL is opening a service centre in Sholinganallur, but now learnt that it will only be a sales outlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Congrats on your car purchase.
The color for sure is good, Do update us on your FE figures going forward
BTW, how much did they take your old car for? How old was it?
Just seeing how the offer is for the replaced car?
Sure! Should have an update on FE by tomorrow, as I have already driven 50kms.

Xeta (2007) went for 1.6 lakhs. I know, its on the lower side - but I couldnt get a better price for it elsewhere. Guess I could have sold it for at least 20 more if I had taken say a month to sell it personally without any dealer. But I am in a hurry to change the car, and this worked better for me than the other dealers.

Last edited by Dippy : 5th June 2010 at 22:45. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 28th May 2010, 02:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Figo. Keeping a black colour car is a tough job but still black makes your car more beautiful. You made a wise choice by selecting the black interiors. Did you get any freebies?
Old 28th May 2010, 08:34   #6
BHPian

Man you are so lucky to have a touch on your own figo in such blazing speed. Do post some interior and dash pics.

Congrats. Happy and safe driving!
Old 28th May 2010, 09:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Friend. Good to hear your great experience with Ford Dealers.

Enjay! drive safe.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats rajushank84,

Wonderful VFM,Car and Color indeed
you are lucky to get the car within 1 week time.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 28th May 2010, 11:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Raju. Its a very well packaged car with performance & build quality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
2. Seat covers are not in stock (!). I need to place an order if I want them.
Are you planning on seat covers? Why do you want it from Ford? You can get custom made seat covers at a decent price with the kind of looks that you like.

Check this thread, there are many places in Chennai which offer good range of custom made seat covers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...y-chennai.html
Old 28th May 2010, 13:23   #10
BHPian

Congrats Raju. I guess Black is readily available in most dealership, I got my car too immediately on booking. Are you planning to add the front fog lamps?

Enjoy your ride.

Cheers!!!
Old 28th May 2010, 19:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thanks much, everyone!! Just adding a few more pictures. Haven't had a chance to fill tank and check FE again - will keep you updated on this.

Felt the immense usefulness of the big boot when bringing my sis back from the hospital today. It was a car loaded with 5 people and a newborn baby + a lot of luggage, and I didnt feel any difference w.r.t the handling (but then I was going quite slow).

AC is an absolute chiller and thriller. I'm lovin it!
Attached Thumbnails
"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-1.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-2.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-3.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-4.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-5.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-6.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-7.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-8.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-9.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-10.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-11.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-12.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-13.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-14.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-15.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-16.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-17.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-18.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-19.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-20.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-21.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-22.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-23.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-24.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-25.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-26.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-27.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-28.jpg  

"Blackcat" (Figo Diesel Zxi) - initial report-figo-29.jpg  

Old 28th May 2010, 19:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Congrats Raju. I guess Black is readily available in most dealership, I got my car too immediately on booking. Are you planning to add the front fog lamps?

Enjoy your ride.

Cheers!!!
Thanks! Just noticed that the fog lamps are missing! Yes I will definitely add them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Congratulations Raju. Its a very well packaged car with performance & build quality!

Are you planning on seat covers? Why do you want it from Ford? You can get custom made seat covers at a decent price with the kind of looks that you like.

Check this thread, there are many places in Chennai which offer good range of custom made seat covers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...y-chennai.html
Thanks, I guess I'll will go for one of the custom seat covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats rajushank84,

Wonderful VFM,Car and Color indeed
you are lucky to get the car within 1 week time.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Congrats Friend. Good to hear your great experience with Ford Dealers.

Enjay! drive safe.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keychain View Post
Man you are so lucky to have a touch on your own figo in such blazing speed. Do post some interior and dash pics.

Congrats. Happy and safe driving!
Yeah I feel lucky! Posted a few pictures above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Congrats on your Figo. Keeping a black colour car is a tough job but still black makes your car more beautiful. You made a wise choice by selecting the black interiors. Did you get any freebies?
Thanks. That's the biggest challenge. Especially because, my house is on a mud road so it gets dirty within minutes of cleaning.
Old 28th May 2010, 20:03   #13
BHPian

Congrats Raju. Keep it safe and without scratches.

You've posted your Vehicle# and your Photo ID card. Just in case you didnt notice.
Old 28th May 2010, 20:49   #14
BHPian

Congrats Raju! good that you picked the ebony dash, not sure how it a black Figo will look with coroul. Detailed pics too. any plans for mods? may be a hyper silver alloys?
Old 28th May 2010, 23:10   #15
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car. Nice set of photographs too. The ebony dash looks good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks