Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 17:15   #1
joe
BHPian

Finally got my Ford Figo ZXI

Got my white Ford Figo ZXI today from M/s Mody Ford. Before I mention anything about the car I would like to mention a few words about the harrowing experience I had when I went to take delivery of the car.

Reached the showroom of Mody Ford at 11.15am and handed over the D.D, the salesperson told me it would a couple of hours fro the paperwork to get done. Told him that I would wait there as I had nothing else to do.

No sign of the salesperson at 1.15pm so gave him a call and he assured me that the paperwork was almost done and requested me to give him another 30 minutes and I agreed to that.

Still no sign of the salesperson at 2.00pm so gave him another call and he came over and said that they had trouble making the payment at the RTA website, he said that the website was very slow and asked for some more time. Well his story sounded a little fishy and I asked him whether I could take a look at the computer and he readily agreed.

When I took a look at the RTA website was opening fine and all the links in the webpage where also working. So they showed me the entire process of logging into the RTA website and making the tax payment. But I noticed that once the entered the login credentials at the bank website the page that was opening was a blank one and it wasn't loading.

Brought this was matter to manager of the showroom and he said that it was the problem with the RTA website but when I insisted he checked and found out that there wasn't enough money in Mody Fords account to make the payment

Well the manager started shouting at all the salespeople there and once he was done came over to me and apologized and said there was nothing he could do about it. I told him that I want my D.D back and the booking amount to be refunded as I was tired of the lies which they had been telling me for the past few hours.

They agreed to return the D.D and the booking amount and as I was writing the cancellation letter the salesperson who I was dealing with came over and pleaded for one more chance, so I thought the heck and gave him exactly 5 minutes and bingo they had everything ready in 4 minutes

Finally left the showroom with the car at 3.15pm and had a late lunch at home.

So anybody buying a car from Mody Ford please beware, I would have walked away but for the car which is very good. Speaking of the car this is the first diesel car we have bought and I was pretty careful at the pump to make sure that it was diesel that was being filled in.

The car feels quite solid and pulls pretty well for a diesel, we stay on top of a hill and at times I had to shift to first from second as the car wasn't pulling at places where my Alto would chug along in second gear.

Will post pictures and a more detailed report later.
Old 10th April 2010, 18:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Joe,

One of the VFM car and worth spending.
Scared to hear your story any how finally ended positively.
Enjoy and Drive Safe

Last edited by aks_karthik : 10th April 2010 at 18:18.
Old 10th April 2010, 18:20   #3
BANNED

Hey congratulations Joe, Great choice! Pictures to be posted ASAP, You also did not mention what color it is.
Old 10th April 2010, 18:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Hey congratulations Joe, Great choice! Pictures to be posted ASAP, You also did not mention what color it is.
White na. in his first line itself.
seems you are having very hectic time posting replies in Ford Figo Thread Mustang.
Keep the good work
Old 10th April 2010, 18:25   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
White na. in his first line itself.
seems you are having very hectic time posting replies in Ford Figo Thread Mustang.
Keep the good work
Yea i think my eyes are playing tricks on me, I am skipping words while reading

Anyways Joe have fun & drive safe!
Old 10th April 2010, 19:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!

It is raining Joes-who-upgraded-from-Altos-to-white-diesel-Figos .

(refer another thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html)
Old 10th April 2010, 19:22   #7
BHPian

I see that the Joe's and Thomases are getting the Figo's.

Congrats Joe !
Old 10th April 2010, 19:37   #8
BHPian

Congrats joe for the spanking white Figo. Every other day, we have a new review on the Figo.
Anyways, How is it doing after the hassling dealership experience? Do post some snaps and happy mile crunching with the oil burner.
Old 10th April 2010, 19:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Congrats!

It is raining Joes-who-upgraded-from-Altos-to-white-diesel-Figos .

(refer another thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html)
Actually we are related Congrats on the Figo Joe!

Last edited by joethomasv : 10th April 2010 at 19:41.
Old 10th April 2010, 20:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

congrats joe's. seems to be raining figo's on tbhp.

PICS !!!!
Old 10th April 2010, 20:18   #11
BHPian

Similar experience at Mody Ford. Asked for PDI when booking but the manager was diffident. Immediately tore the booking order and walked out. Sales guy called up but by then I booked my car at Fortune.
Old 10th April 2010, 20:21   #12
BHPian

Hey Joe Welcome to the house of Ghosts (In Hyderabad), whether its Mody or fortune or any other showroom of other brands in Hyderabad this is what you cna expect. One of my friend recently bought a Beat from Orange Cheverolet and they collected the full amount in the mid of January saying that the car would be delivered on the same day. But he got the car on First week of February only. In another incident one of my friend gave the full amount for Ford Fiesta on 29th of January but he got the car delivered on 17th of Feb only. (luckily after some hard fighting he got his amount back after 8-10 days, but he was very much interested in Fiesta so he waited again ).
Old 10th April 2010, 21:34   #13
BHPian

Let us see some pics, man!
Old 10th April 2010, 21:58   #14
BHPian

hey congrats buddy.... diesels are the best pick.. with the engine at par with the petrols, these diesels hav an edge above the petrol !!!!
Old 10th April 2010, 22:01   #15
BHPian

Congrats Joe!

The production manager at Ford seems to be biased towards Joe's & Thomas's.

Where are the pictures? Give a complete breakup of price alongwith accesories / discounts / freebies / deals etc for the benefit of others.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks