Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 16:49   #646
Team-BHP Support

Where is Ford's published price list published? Is it on their site?

Need to start the process for finalizing soon.
Old 4th August 2010, 18:33   #647
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Is it that the TITANIUM does not get this feature?
Or my alloys are hiding it!

The Figo headlights are not as good as the Manza's in dipped beam.
Old 4th August 2010, 19:33   #648
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Yes. I drove a new one two days back. It was far better than figo I think it is 90/100 watts.
Old 5th August 2010, 21:09   #649
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yes. I drove a new one two days back. It was far better than figo I think it is 90/100 watts.
I hope you meant a Manza. OEM would be in the 55/60 watts range. Mine are OEM. Even the Figo's are OEM.
Old 5th August 2010, 22:09   #650
Senior - BHPian

My colleague who drives around an Alto drove another colleague's Figo. He was so upset at the low ground clearance as he got underbelly scrapped at a hump on a route he take couple of times daily in his Alto.

Is it that bad?
Old 5th August 2010, 22:37   #651
BHPian

I'm still so depressed about the 444 reading I'm getting on the DTE on a full tank.
The service manager was dismissive about it!
Old 6th August 2010, 12:35   #652
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I hope you meant a Manza. OEM would be in the 55/60 watts range. Mine are OEM. Even the Figo's are OEM.
Yes. Then Manza has better reflectors & focus than Figo.
Old 6th August 2010, 15:51   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Really never felt that head lights were bad. I always thought that they are much better than the rest.

Gemi,
I could buy them for you from here and send it across if you really want them.

Its just a stupid chrome sticker which servers no practical purpose.
Thanks Captain. Would PM you.
I know its extravaganza. But i just loved the looks of the chrome touch in the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Where is Ford's published price list published? Is it on their site?

Need to start the process for finalizing soon.
Yes. Its on their site. Mustang had posted it somewhere in the test drive thread here too.

Quote:
Hi,

Or my alloys are hiding it!

I posted a query on Figo facebook page. There are some people who are experiencing this but many more are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
My colleague who drives around an Alto drove another colleague's Figo. He was so upset at the low ground clearance as he got underbelly scrapped at a hump on a route he take couple of times daily in his Alto.

Is it that bad?
Either he drove one with low tyre pressure or it was the mud flaps that were scraping. The longer wheelbase makes it more prone to scraping than other cars with even slightly lower GC. I have cut a few inches off my second set of front mud flaps and its holding on still. My first set of Original size broke in 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
I'm still so depressed about the 444 reading I'm getting on the DTE on a full tank.
Is it always that much? Have you checked your tank to tank F.E? Do you do all your driving in City?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yes. Then Manza has better reflectors & focus than Figo.
I would have loved it if the low beams stayed on when i shift to high. Is there any way to have that done? So that i dont have to hold the lever in the centre position.
Old 6th August 2010, 15:59   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Is this a Figo TDCi? My Fiesta 1.6S showed 432 on the DTE when I tanked up this morning. And it's driven only in city traffic.
Old 6th August 2010, 16:39   #655
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I would have loved it if the low beams stayed on when i shift to high. Is there any way to have that done? So that i dont have to hold the lever in the centre position.
Yes, If you have a fiesta .
I think you need to change or alter the head light relay.
Old 8th August 2010, 20:31   #656
Senior - BHPian

Would be Silent on the Forum For a Week (August 14) in remembrance of our Great Friend trrk. Thank you Sir for all the pain and time you took in meticulously noting down/sharing all your knowledge about cars. Especially the Squeeze Figo TDCi. May his Soul Rest In Peace.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2016904

Last edited by gemithomas : 8th August 2010 at 20:33.
Old 9th August 2010, 16:37   #657
BHPian

Oh my god - this is sad news indeed.
Old 16th August 2010, 14:12   #658
Senior - BHPian

7332Km Update

The car ODO Stands as such

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-image018.jpg

Does that number seem familiar? Well try guessing whats with that figure.

What do i feel after this much of running?
  • The engine has become more powerful. She potters around in 3rd during city drives without much complaining.
  • She revs much more freely. But would have loved some more useful power at higher rpms. Anything above 3-3.5K is still just useless.
  • The plastics quality, especially on the door pads are horrendous.
  • There are some minor rattles on bad roads. Not very disturbing though. Considering the condition of the kerala highways these days i think it is expected.
  • I really prefer sitting at the rear seats. It's comfort levels are above average and never feels "small hatch".
  • The engine noise is more or less the same. At idle (especially when cold) with a/c turned on, its competition for the old tractors.
  • The a/c keeps turning on/off every 5-10 seconds with a small jerk. Quite irritating while idling.

Have not been able to check city mileage since i have been doing most of my trips on highways these days. Average Mileage for 50:50 of City:highway running is around 15-16km/l. Again considering the condition of the kerala highways with the recent rains, i think its good enough mileage.

The last 1000km was run mostly on highways and city driving mostly in nights / off peak times. Recorded my Max DTE + Trip meter figures
Name:  Image020.jpg
Views: 1468
Size:  42.7 KBItalian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-image021.jpg

The DTE showed 690km at tank refill. The above pics are after using only around 50% a/c due to the rains. Out of the total trip meter reading around 90 was in-city drives during nights only.

Here are a list of things i dont like.
  • Performance of Wiper in rains
  • Power and Range/Spread of headlights.
  • Plastic quality, especially on door pads
  • The Outside Rear view Mirrors are useless once it starts raining since it collects and holds all the droplets.
  • The car looks so small from far that people dont expect it to be handling the high speeds it would be doing. Could be dangerous sometimes.
  • Something is wrong with the front driving posture. Both my legs and neck pains after around 150km of driving.

One thing i would surely miss on any other car i drive is the lane changer feature. Its so useful that i wonder why all manufacturers dont give them as standard.

Who should buy a Figo TDCI?
Anyone who is looking at a value for money diesel car that would do everything you expect a car to do in an above average manner. The Figo is not the best in anything. You've got the Punto for better handling/steering feedback and solid feel, the Polo for snob value and equally good handling and better quality plastics, the i20 for far superior feel inside out and an excellent CRDi unit, the Swift for the adrenaline rush and best tuned engine, and the Ritz for better ease of entry/exit. I think Figo is not the best at anything. But it does everything at an above average level, something not many cars out there do. And it does it at a very attractive value.

Before signing off. This is one of the best pics of the Figo i have seen. Taken from Figo Facebook page.
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-28637_126364280728821_100000657489150_188940_4723820_n.jpg
Old 16th August 2010, 20:25   #659
BHPian

^Nice Gemi - I agree on all counts. Superb picture indeed. Is the 7332 indicative of "Elite" ?

The engine has definitely become more petrol-ish. Plastics are bad. One day I'm gonna break this indicator stalk.

I had a squeak, but the solution given by kage fixed it.

Rains definitely make the car go blind. Got to brainstorm a way to fix it. Why does the water stick like glue to the glass. Maybe I'll get than Rain-X or something.

Driving posture is very comfortable for me. Though I like the height of the tall boys better.
Old 16th August 2010, 20:36   #660
BHPian

"7332" is the registration number of the car
Nice way to round up the experience

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks