Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2011, 23:41   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Figo TDCi. EDIT: 18,000 km upd

Gemi, your car shines like new!

From what the SA told me all the first batch figos need this wiring. I got my car towards the end of march 2010. Was one of the first petrol cars here.
They added the wiring kit for my car.
Quote:
I got a bill for this, Rs-585.00 but it was covered under warranty.
My SA told me this was for the brake and coolant fluid sensor and in case if the levels go too low the check engine light would come up.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2193398
Ask your SA you can Quote this part number. Part No AS6914B475AA

Yup exact same thing, I got the same things Rs-/850 or 800. Didnt pay more than this.
2 bulbs and 2 smaller pilot bulbs. Box said made in Germany. 4300K rated Philips bulbs. I also got a Karnataka Vat paid bill.
I had to pay Rs 60 as installation charges.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2139816

These bulbs are great! Now no cabby or crazed driver will want to use high beam in front of my car. A simple flick of the high beam flasher is enough to scare them

Last edited by Captain Slow : 6th March 2011 at 23:44.
Old 7th March 2011, 08:13   #842
Senior - BHPian

Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Figo TDCi. EDIT: 18,000 km upd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Gemi, your car shines like new!

From what the SA told me all the first batch figos need this wiring. I got my car towards the end of march 2010. Was one of the first petrol cars here.
They added the wiring kit for my car.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2193398
Ask your SA you can Quote this part number. Part No AS6914B475AA

Yup exact same thing, I got the same things Rs-/850 or 800. Didnt pay more than this.
2 bulbs and 2 smaller pilot bulbs. Box said made in Germany. 4300K rated Philips bulbs. I also got a Karnataka Vat paid bill.
I had to pay Rs 60 as installation charges.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2139816

These bulbs are great! Now no cabby or crazed driver will want to use high beam in front of my car. A simple flick of the high beam flasher is enough to scare them
Post Purchase Dissonence would surely hurt me now. Now thats a TOTAL RIP OFF IF THATS THE CASE.

I dont think that wiring was done on my car. And i dont remember anyone without a Titanium mentioning of getting it done. I think we need to investigate this a little further. Has anyone else got this add-on.
Old 7th March 2011, 08:32   #843
Team-BHP Support

Which bulbs are you guys talking about? The Philips X-treme Power? I got those fitted for Rs.850 as well.
Old 7th March 2011, 12:07   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Post Purchase Dissonence would surely hurt me now. Now thats a TOTAL RIP OFF IF THATS THE CASE.

I dont think that wiring was done on my car. And i dont remember anyone without a Titanium mentioning of getting it done. I think we need to investigate this a little further. Has anyone else got this add-on.
I was told by the SA that these things are done when we go for service. I mean we dont have to 'ask' for it, its just done on all the cars that need it.
I think this was done for my figo during 2nd service. will try to confirm.
Old 7th March 2011, 12:26   #845
BHPian

My car too had a wiring harness replaced / freshly installed during second service on warranty. Initially I didn't notice it but a day after taking delivery , I found that the head lamps were not working. When I took the vehicle to service station (MPL), I came to know that they had not reconnected properly after fitting the new harness. I think Ford should inform the customers of the change instead of silently replacing / fitting the same
Old 7th March 2011, 12:42   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
My car too had a wiring harness replaced / freshly installed during second service on warranty. Initially I didn't notice it but a day after taking delivery , I found that the head lamps were not working. When I took the vehicle to service station (MPL), I came to know that they had not reconnected properly after fitting the new harness. I think Ford should inform the customers of the change instead of silently replacing / fitting the same
This was done for my FIGO in the second service and it shows up on the job card as a 'Campaign'. I guess you should check with the service guys again as to why it was not on the job card.
Old 8th March 2011, 15:46   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Thanks SMK_BLR. The insurance thread is very informative and I started doing due diligence to get the rates on the same.

Today, I visited a few car accessory shops to get ballpark rates on alloys, tires etc. Posting it here to get feedback and also for others who might be wanting to upgrade to alloys or tires -

14" alloys (Several Taiwan/German brands) - 13500 - 14000 Rs for set of 4

Tyres (185/65/R14)
---------------------
Michelin XM1+ - 3800 Rs/- ea
Continental CPC2 - 4400 Rs/- ea
Yokohoma ES 100 series - 4200 Rs/- ea

I was offered Rs. 1800 - 2000 for Goodyear tires and about 2250 for MRF or appollo? Is this reasonable? Their original sale price is close to Rs.3200!

Btw, the difference in price between 175/65/R14 was only Rs.50!!!

3M front windshield film - Rs 6300

Rubber mats (all 4) - Rs 650
I just paid 4400/- for XM1+ 185/65/R14 a week back. So check if they are new stock and not just XM1. I also got 2300/- for the Goodyear GT3. For front windshield, I got Garware Alps 70VLT for 3K. These are all Mysore prices. Tata AIG 0% depreciation (pearl plan with unnamed passenger cover) - 15.4k. Plati - 14" for 12.4k (set of 4..still waiting for the 5th one :(. Dealer told that it will be a month long wait). All these prices are with b/w and for your reference to bargain
Old 10th March 2011, 22:23   #848
BHPian

Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Figo TDCi. EDIT: 20,000 km upd

I had to remind my SA about the "brake fluid sensor TSB". However he realized it only on entering the VIN on his comp.

When I recieved the car, he said my car did not require the wiring as it was present already.

Back home when I checked the bill again I found the following

Under the parts - wiring service kit (part no. AS6914B475AA)
Under labour - Figo new wiring addition and routing sublet operation
Both done under warranty free.

Dont know whom to believe, the SA or the bill!

Mine is a Titanium.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 10th March 2011 at 22:25.
Old 11th March 2011, 16:00   #849
Senior - BHPian

Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Figo TDCi. EDIT: 20,000 km upd

The exact same part was fixed on my car.
Deep Blue check with your SA once more and ask him if this wiring has been fixed. Maybe they just gave you the paper work for it but forgot to fix it

Gemi, Have you tried asking the SA about the update on your car ?
Old 12th March 2011, 14:22   #850
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I had to remind my SA about the "brake fluid sensor TSB". However he realized it only on entering the VIN on his comp.

When I recieved the car, he said my car did not require the wiring as it was present already.

Back home when I checked the bill again I found the following

Under the parts - wiring service kit (part no. AS6914B475AA)
Under labour - Figo new wiring addition and routing sublet operation
Both done under warranty free.

Dont know whom to believe, the SA or the bill!

Mine is a Titanium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The exact same part was fixed on my car.
Deep Blue check with your SA once more and ask him if this wiring has been fixed. Maybe they just gave you the paper work for it but forgot to fix it

Gemi, Have you tried asking the SA about the update on your car ?
Good Captain & Deep blue to get the info on the bills. Heard this is for the some earlier batch of cars manufactured and not based on the variant. Correct if I am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Venkat - Can you explain bit more on this.
Old 12th March 2011, 20:56   #851
BHPian

Thank you!

I am hoping to get the car this week and get this done. Nobody gives concrete info on prices when I tell them that I am about to take delivery. They are like - "Bring it here and we will take care of it..don't worry about the prices". Have been kind of busy with work and not investigated further.

It is getting pretty frustrating to wait for a car for a month. The dealership (Rajshree Ford, Coimbatore) experience so far has been disappointing as well. I feel like I am buying a Cycle and not a car. The attitude has been "if you want it, pay the money and go..we dont care eitherways". Tempted to cancel and go buy something else but my wife keeps talking sense and says not to leave a good car because of a crappy dealer. Well only time will tell!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
I just paid 4400/- for XM1+ 185/65/R14 a week back. So check if they are new stock and not just XM1. I also got 2300/- for the Goodyear GT3. For front windshield, I got Garware Alps 70VLT for 3K. These are all Mysore prices. Tata AIG 0% depreciation (pearl plan with unnamed passenger cover) - 15.4k. Plati - 14" for 12.4k (set of 4..still waiting for the 5th one :(. Dealer told that it will be a month long wait). All these prices are with b/w and for your reference to bargain
Old 13th March 2011, 21:13   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Thank you!

I am hoping to get the car this week and get this done. Nobody gives concrete info on prices when I tell them that I am about to take delivery. They are like - "Bring it here and we will take care of it..don't worry about the prices". ....
I replaced my set of 4 Goodyear GT3 with XM1+ 185/65/R14 for 6k. I am not much at bargaining, so you might be able to do better.
Old 18th March 2011, 23:20   #853
Senior - BHPian

1 Year and 21000Km Later...

Today "Mr.Reddy" turned One. And the Odo reads just above
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-car005-small.jpg

So what do i think about the car after a year on over 21K of driving? Its good to have a practical car if you don't want to be worried about each and every little niggle that might crop up once in a while.

The Figo has had its own little niggles in the highly irritating squeaks that was ultimately solved by a DIY; the minor rattles that keep coming up and disappearing once in a while; the brakes that scare you off with the metal grinding sound that ford is yet to find out a solution or at least they have not passed it on to me; the two scary instances where the car just shut down on its own and i thought it was just a human error in using the clutch until Jayded put it up here; the pathetic headlights that has been solved with the addition of Fog Lamps and the White Streak Kit. But in between all these small things i enjoy the experience of driving and owning the Figo. There is an unexplainable peace of mind that i experience probably since i know that most of these things can be sorted out quite easily if i really care so much about these things. I'm not sure how many of you would understand what i mean. Probably those who have owned a FIAT would!

I remember a line from one of the best reviews i have read bout the Figo. It goes something like this. "The Figo is more like Boman Irani. You wont probably go for a movie just because he is there in it. But once you watch the movie you would surely go home with an impression about him." There are quite a few qualities that make this car a winner.
  • The Space Ford has been able to pack into a hatch.
  • The very close to perfect balance in ride and handling.
  • The Steering Feed back.
  • The Visibility all around from the drivers seat.
  • The Excellent equipment level that makes the car look even more VFM.

The TDCi engine has sort of a complex equation in the Figo. Though it looses in terms of noise levels, refinement, performance at higher rpms, it wins hands down in terms of the close to zero turbo lag and the reliability it has been able to demonstrate during its life in the Fiesta engine bays. Its really the TDCi engine that makes the Figo "Hot Selling". Ironically, if at all something is really missing in the Figo, its a more refined and better performing engine.

While making a buy decision the Figo makes a very strong case due to the VFM equation. But there are just a few down sides to this.

Here is how my door pads look after a year.
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-4-small.jpg

And here is how they look after a polishing job
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-5-small.jpg

Here is a pic of the dash after a polishing job by the A.S.S. Note some portions especially at the lower end where the guy left out
Name:  1 Small.JPG
Views: 1700
Size:  39.3 KB

Our Fusion has aged far more graciously. But then she costed us much more INR too. And that's why fast ageing plastics might not really matter when you get almost everything you could ever ask for in a hatch at such a smart price!!
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc05297-small.jpg

If you are looking for a luxurious feel you should be looking elsewhere. If you are looking for sheer performance you should be looking elsewhere. If you are looking for something that has road presence you should be looking elsewhere.

As i always say. The Figo is not the best in any area as such. But ask it to do anything that you expect a hatch to do and it would do it in an above average manner.
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-7-small.jpg

Really hoping to have a happy long term ownership with the REAL NO NONSENSE FORD.
Old 19th March 2011, 11:53   #854
BHPian

Re: 1 Year and 21000Km Later...

Quote:
I remember a line from one of the best reviews i have read bout the Figo. It goes something like this. "The Figo is more like Boman Irani. You wont probably go for a movie just because he is there in it. But once you watch the movie you would surely go home with an impression about him." There are quite a few qualities that make this car a winner.
  • The Space Ford has been able to pack into a hatch.
  • The very close to perfect balance in ride and handling.
  • The Steering Feed back.
  • The Visibility all around from the drivers seat.
  • The Excellent equipment level that makes the car look even more VFM.
Really love the Boman Irani quote. Although I have the Petrol I can definitely say its a great VFM car, specially after driving the others, even the 1.6 ones. It's a joy to run around in it in the city. Just the right amount of "Car".

Congrats on the 1 year and 21,000 km (wow!) bit. Will be posting the Long Term + Short Term ownership of both the Fords soon!
Old 19th March 2011, 15:37   #855
BHPian

Re: 1 Year and 21000Km Later...

Congrats Gemi! Great balanced reviews!

- The point about the car stopping by itself (Jayded, you and few others mentioned this), isnt this more than a small niggle? Did you ever bring it up to your SA?

I really like the RED figo, it looks great. Good luck with year-2.

Quote:
Today "Mr.Reddy" turned One. And the Odo reads just above
=======
Really hoping to have a happy long term ownership with the REAL NO NONSENSE FORD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks