Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 12:02   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Hmm, What kind of seat covers do you have?

This is what mine looks like
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-img_4140.jpg
Mine is the same. The other type is on the Zxi-Titanium models. I did not feel any quality difference in the material. Its just a design and stitch difference
Old 13th April 2010, 15:34   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
I think we can bargain. My dealer had quoted Rs. 4700 but he settled for Rs. 4400.
Regarding rear fog lamps I went back to dealer as I found that the red lamps on rear assembly are always on irrespective of whether the headlight switch is pulled once (only front fog lamps) or twice (front and rear). The salesperson was not sure and said he will check it out.
Hi Silverknight,
It's again regarding the Rear Fog Lamps. When the headlamp is turned on and the lamp switch is pulled all the way back, do you see 2 sets of lights at the back or just 1?

If two, then the second set is the Fog Lamp. A regular Figo just has a single pair (tail + brake) of lamp.

If the lamps are glowing even when the switch is not pulled, then they might have wired it wrongly. Very common with Ford and New Cars. A photo of the lights lit up from back and the switch would help immensely.

I know I am being a bit greedy.
Old 13th April 2010, 16:07   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Hi Silverknight,
It's again regarding the Rear Fog Lamps. When the headlamp is turned on and the lamp switch is pulled all the way back, do you see 2 sets of lights at the back or just 1?

If two, then the second set is the Fog Lamp. A regular Figo just has a single pair (tail + brake) of lamp.

If the lamps are glowing even when the switch is not pulled, then they might have wired it wrongly. Very common with Ford and New Cars. A photo of the lights lit up from back and the switch would help immensely.

Sigh, I am still confused about the rear fog lamps and hence I stopped commenting about them. I should have checked this with service centre when my car was there for two days for 'car pulling left' issue.

But since the sub-topic Rear-fog-lamp is back in vogue, I am again interested in investigating it. I will take some pictures tonight and post them.
Old 14th April 2010, 11:18   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Hi Silverknight,

When headlamp is turned on and switch pulled all the way back only one one red lamp is lit up.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-img_3939.jpg  

Old 14th April 2010, 11:22   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When headlamp is turned on and switch pulled all the way back only one one red lamp is lit up.
Ummmm, how about getting rid of the V-Cool sticker?
Old 14th April 2010, 12:13   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those two are just the back lights. When you press the brake these lights would become much more brighter and the third high mounted one (close to the roof in the middle) will also light up. These are not the fog lamps.

So i guess thats it. We dont get rear Fog Lamps. Atleast not for now. But we get the switch with rear fog lamps position..

Does anyone know if we can get the boot lights connected on the lower variants and how much i would cost.

And yeah! the "V.kool" sticker does not look that "cool". I would get rid of it.

Last edited by gemithomas : 14th April 2010 at 12:19.
Old 14th April 2010, 12:14   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Well that's not a Fog Lamp for sure. They are much brighter, practically blinding on a regular no fog day, on other Fords and definitely in a separate housing. Can post a pic from the Fusion if needed. Thanks for the pic.

Will still fight for them at Metro and see what comes out of it and keep everyone posted.

Last edited by shubhodeepdas@g : 14th April 2010 at 12:16.
Old 14th April 2010, 19:09   #263
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gemi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
So i guess thats it. We dont get rear Fog Lamps. Atleast not for now. But we get the switch with rear fog lamps position..
Just a thought.

Maybe the bulbs are missing! With the 'harness' type of wiring these days, the wiring should already be in place.
Old 14th April 2010, 21:19   #264
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<Does anyone know if we can get the boot lights connected on the lower variants and how much i would cost>>.

Gemi -- Almost we are in the same boat to fix the missing ones in EXi to make it atleast half ZXi.(like boot light, seat fabric. I have noted the accessories which I need to put in EXi after delivery). Do you regret now that you missed ZXi.

Last edited by RGK : 14th April 2010 at 21:24. Reason: extra word
Old 15th April 2010, 09:18   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Gemi,
Just a thought.

Maybe the bulbs are missing! With the 'harness' type of wiring these days, the wiring should already be in place.
I had a peek into the area and got a feeling that its not connected by wires. The hole for the bulb is closed by some rubber stopper i guess. Will try to get a better look some time later. Can someone confirm this

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Gemi -- Almost we are in the same boat to fix the missing ones in EXi to make it atleast half ZXi.(like boot light, seat fabric. I have noted the accessories which I need to put in EXi after delivery). Do you regret now that you missed ZXi.
I actually had no choice. I had been waiting for the BEAT LT for over a month and having a 4-5 month old child at home was not a good time to be without a car. So i just wanted a car as soon as possible. I was not planning on the Titanium due to budget constraints. All the Zxi's that were available at that time had come with coral interiors which me and my wife did not like. So i was left with only the Exi but luckily i got my favourite Red Colour.

At nights the very dark boot and even the rear seat area (since there are no lights at the rear) reminds me of the luxury the adventure spoilt me with. IF i really think about it there is nothing that i really need except some nice alloys. There again i think its more of a "want" than a "need".

EDIT: Aah!! Yeah there is just this one thing i really need. REAR WIPERS. Its a necessity on a hatch when you are on the highways on a rainy day. Except for that the EXi has more than enough to serve the "needs".
Old 15th April 2010, 12:08   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

And yeah! the "V.kool" sticker does not look that "cool". I would get rid of it.
For how much you got V-kool and what is the spec of the V-kool film you applied? Just wanted to compare with Hyderabad prices
Old 15th April 2010, 12:28   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
For how much you got V-kool and what is the spec of the V-kool film you applied? Just wanted to compare with Hyderabad prices
VK-70 (F) for Rs, 11100
K-37 (S+R) for Rs, 4900
VAT - Rs. 2000
------------------------------
Total Rs. 18000
Old 15th April 2010, 14:42   #268
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Gemi/Joe - What about ODO - Does it have TRIP A and TRIP B configuration. Sorry if this is already answered.
Old 15th April 2010, 14:43   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@Gemi/Joe - What about ODO - Does it have TRIP A and TRIP B configuration. Sorry if this is already answered.
it has only one trip meter,
display lists are:
1. odo
2. Trip
3. DTE
Old 15th April 2010, 18:17   #270
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Scorpio.
Another thing is the Central locking. From inside when the car is going at a good speed, can the doors be unlocked and opened by pulling the lever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks