Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 14:02   #1
BHPian

VW Jetta 1.9TDI Comfortline

Guys, just got my Jetta a couple of weeks ago. I have driven just over 1000 kms, including one trip to Karjat.

At the time of making the purchase, I had considered the new Laura as well. Infact, the dealer was also offering me a 2008 Laura with a huge discount, but I was somehow not comfortable dealing with the Skoda guys ( especially after reading some horrific stories on Team-Bhp )

A fellow Bhpian, Akhilesh51 was in a similar situation, and took the same decision. I had posted my reasons for choosing a VW over a Skoda, that can be viewed at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...1-9-tdi-t.html

I only wish the car had parking sensors ( I think VW can install them at the dealer level, but they may as well have included it as standard equipment )

Otherwise the car is fantastic. Build quality is absolutely top notch and it feels every bit German ( the car is made in Mexico, but most parts are German ) Handling is brilliant and the 6 speed DSG gearbox is a dream. In the first 1000 kms, the car has returned figures of about 10.2 kpl and thats 800 kms of driving in traffic.

I have posted a few pictures below. Comments and queries are welcome.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta 1.9TDI Comfortline-1.jpg  

VW Jetta 1.9TDI Comfortline-2.jpg  

VW Jetta 1.9TDI Comfortline-3.jpg  

VW Jetta 1.9TDI Comfortline-4.jpg  

VW Jetta 1.9TDI Comfortline-5.jpg  

VW Jetta 1.9TDI Comfortline-7.jpg  

VW Jetta 1.9TDI Comfortline-8.jpg  

VW Jetta 1.9TDI Comfortline-9.jpg  

VW Jetta 1.9TDI Comfortline-10.jpg  

VW Jetta 1.9TDI Comfortline-12.jpg  

CLS_55_AMG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2009, 14:06   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratualtions ! Fantastic buy, good choice over the Laura.

I am sure you got a sweet deal on it, please shed some light on that.

: A lot of returning old Bhpians on the forum today
Old 22nd August 2009, 14:11   #3
BHPian

Yes its been a while since I posted something ( I am on the forum daily, but just reading.. )

The deal was good. Free insurance + 3 years AMC. 3rd and 4th year warranty were taken at approx Rs.6000 more. Bought the car outright so im not sure about what deal they give on finance.
Old 22nd August 2009, 14:22   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

No cash discount... ?

How much did they charge you for 3377?

Last edited by Sahil : 22nd August 2009 at 14:34.
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:19   #5
BHPian

Awesome looking car! Just love the interiors! btw do you find 103 BHP enough?
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:36   #6
BHPian

Its sufficient, though I wish it had a few more horses. It does put out 250 NM of torque which ensures that from 0-120 the car moves pretty quick.
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation! Great purchase and a wise decision. I somehow prefer the looks of the Jetta more than that of the Laura and always found the front seats more comfier than the laura. However would have liked if VW would have also added the HID lights, reverse sensor.

Quote:
btw do you find 103 BHP enough?
VW group diesel engines are more about torque than the HP. The 250NM of torque is enough for a quick acceleration at any given gear and with a DSG gearbox it gets better.

Incase need more power there is always a tuning box or remap available to add little more fun to the drive.

Last edited by Invinsible : 22nd August 2009 at 15:43.
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:40   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
No cash discount... ?

How much did they charge you for 3377?
Yes sorry I forgot there was a cash discount of 20,000 too. But thats because they have some corporate scheme ( people who work for corporates get the discount, lol ) I got them to give me the discount though the car is on my dads name ( and he has a business, and doesnt work for a corporate )

3377 was Rs.5000 ( official charge ) + Rs.2500 to the RTO officer.
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:40   #9
BHPian

Congratulations ! Looking at the pictures of your car brings back pleasant memories

I am just about touching 6000 kms. on my car and it has been a helluva experience. DSG makes life better every day.

Parking sensor is a must for this car and I am planning to get them installed next week from dealer themselves. Dunno about the costs involved but will be worth it.

Another thing (couple of things, actually) I noticed was :

1. One of the bolts holding together the two metal sheets on RH Rear door seems to have come off for no reason leaving a gap between body and window slit. Gotta get tht fixed.

2. Phone / Bluetooth functionality on music system does not work ( It doesn't work on mine.)

3. Auto Wipers are a bit moody at times.

Anyways, It is time for you to enjoy your new ride rather than be bogged down by problems. I can personally vouch that it is a very good decision.

Also, I absolutely love the colour you've got !!!

Last edited by akhilesh51 : 22nd August 2009 at 15:42.
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car, the car looks excellent from inside.
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:58   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Congratulations ! Looking at the pictures of your car brings back pleasant memories

I am just about touching 6000 kms. on my car and it has been a helluva experience. DSG makes life better every day.

Parking sensor is a must for this car and I am planning to get them installed next week from dealer themselves. Dunno about the costs involved but will be worth it.

Another thing (couple of things, actually) I noticed was :

1. One of the bolts holding together the two metal sheets on RH Rear door seems to have come off for no reason leaving a gap between body and window slit. Gotta get tht fixed.

2. Phone / Bluetooth functionality on music system does not work ( It doesn't work on mine.)

3. Auto Wipers are a bit moody at times.

Anyways, It is time for you to enjoy your new ride rather than be bogged down by problems. I can personally vouch that it is a very good decision.

Also, I absolutely love the colour you've got !!!
Thanks Akhilesh, it was an extremely difficult choice between Campanella White, Reflex Silver and Platinum Grey. Infact I took over a week to decide! hahaha.. The phone / bluetooth function will only work upon installation of the bluetooth kit ( to the best of my knowledge ) see Welcome to the VW DriverGear Store

Yes the auto wiper is a bit moody! Noticed that last night when it was cleaning vigourously in a mild drizzle and became slower when it began pouring!
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:12   #12
BHPian

@CLS_55_AMG and @Invinsible : Ya of course. Torque really plays an important part esp in diesels.
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:13   #13
BHPian

thats a nice looking VW !
congrat...!
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:25   #14
BHPian

Nice colour, even better car! Congrats, a wise decision. Love the 10th pic.
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:33   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Gautam! Wise choice in choosing the VW over the Skoda. Though they are part of the same group, VW India is reported to have way superior service standards.

I hope you plan to keep updating this thread with your after-sales experiences. 3 year AMC + 4 year warranty have your back covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post
Bought the car outright so im not sure about what deal they give on finance.
You could have made a profit on VW's current offers. Take a loan at 4.xx% and invest your own money, even conservatively, at 8 - 10% returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post
Its sufficient, though I wish it had a few more horses. It does put out 250 NM of torque which ensures that from 0-120 the car moves pretty quick.
In addition to the torque, it's that brilliant DSG which gives the Jetta / Laura quick 0 - 100 times. That slushbox makes far better use of the 103 horses than a manual / conventional auto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks