Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2010, 13:44   #361
BHPian

re: Duratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(

So now you are using the Ikon more than the truck? Getting used to creature comforts!! Jokes apart, good to see you are piling on miles.
Old 14th December 2010, 14:08   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Cars for tracks ..

Not exactly

There are things about the truck that the Ikon cant give. But yes, I am getting to appreciate what each offers. It's more like cars for tracks

But I wish I was clocking more than what I am right now. 16k in 2 yrs is not much, is it ?
Old 15th December 2010, 15:06   #363
BHPian

re: Duratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(

No its not Condor, my ikon went in for the third service at 12k after a year. Its been a great buy though considering everything around and the price + efficiency
Old 19th December 2010, 18:32   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Replacement Air Filters - possible models

Cleaned Air Filter today, and later did a search for possible replacement air fitlers using the part numbers that were printed on the filter.

The OE filter is a MECA FILTER, Made in France. Part numbers printed on the filter are :
ELP3734
ELP3866

Did a google, and based on the infromation I gathered, this type of filter is also possibly used in Ford Focus, Fusion (European model names), Peugeot 206's, Citroen, Mazda etc. This filter should fit the 1.4 HDi 68bhp Diesel engine found on the 206.

A further search for possible replacement performance filters gave the following results :

Peugeot 206 / Panel Filters / Euro Performance Car Parts

Duratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(-bmcikonfilter.jpg

Details of each of these :

BMC Filter : Model 309/20:
BMC AIR FILTERS

Available at this store for GBP 40 (+ GBP 7 for shipping)
BMC / Panel Air Filters / PEUGEOT 206 1.4 HDi XR / XT 01 > / Euro Performance Car Parts

K&N : Model KN2785-33-2840
Green / Replacement Air Filters / 206 1.4 HDi 68hp ; 2002> / Euro Performance Car Parts

NOTE : the pics shown in the above two links are different views - the BMC shows it from the top, and the K&N shows it from the bottom.

K&N is also available on Amazon.co.UK for GBP 40. (Shipping may be extra)
K&N Air Filter Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi (2001-2008) 33-2840: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

GREEN : Available for GBP 59.56 (+ GBP 7 shipping)
Green / Replacement Air Filters / 206 1.4 HDi 68hp ; 2002> / Euro Performance Car Parts

-----------------------------
NOTE :
I have not tried these filters. Information in this post is based purely on information I gathered on the web.
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:16   #365
BHPian

Hey, this is probably OT, but since air filters is in discussion here, I would like to ask,There is somebody in the classifields who's selling BMC stock replacement filters for Rs 1000 a piece(irrespective of the car-clearing stocks)
Would anyone be able to rate the BMC as compared to K&N or green cotton and whether or not they're worth the 1000bucks?
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:32   #366
Team-BHP Support

I found this for 38.53 GBP.

Peugeot 307 1.4 HDi XR (01>) / 1.6 HDi (01>04) - BMC air filter element

Am looking for someone who can bring this down for me. Worth a try.

The K&N reviews for the 1.4 TDCi on UK fiesta forums are not too positive. The BMC is rated higher by Fiesta owners.
Old 22nd December 2010, 13:58   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Replacement filters

@Raghav, 1000/- a piece should be worth it. BMC's are Italian. We did check that ad, but did not find one that fits our diesel Fords (Fiesta / Figo / Ikon).
Old 22nd December 2010, 19:27   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
But I wish I was clocking more than what I am right now. 16k in 2 yrs is not much, is it ?
16k in 2 years is bad!!!

Let me know if you need help clocking some serious miles. Mine is at 53000kms, 3years!!
Old 28th December 2010, 23:10   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

5th Service / 17.2k / 2 yrs

Completed 2 years, and went through the 5th service with the odo at 17.2k.

Service included routine stuff - oil & filters changes, air filter changed. Bill ? Rs 3713/- The only additional item in this was the roof lamp which had broken during one of my DIYs.

But sadly, another not so good servicing at Lathangi. Handed over the car at about 9.30 am. Inward was smooth. Promised delivery at 5.30, and I called ahead to confirm. The SA said it is ready, and I was there by 5.45 pm. Paid the bills & came to the car to check it.

1. Driver Door lining /pad dirty. (was cleaned).
2. IRVM out of position completely.
3. Oil was changed. Ok, it was less thick than the old oil. But without any running (only running was inside the premises for wash etc) - I dont understand how the oil turned as black as it was. Should I supply the oil next time & get it done in front of me ?
4. The interior roof lamp that was fixed was an incorrect one. They put in a grey color one, instead of the beige that it needed. I had removed the original one because it was broken, but I had assumed that the SA will know which item is required for this car.

When I pointed the incorrect one, the SA argued it was the correct one. But he had to agree with me when I showed him another TDCi. Another 15 minutes with the stores guy - but the item was not in stock. I was pushing the SA to take the item back, and give me a credit. He did speak with the service manager, who insisted on getting it checked himself. More time spent waiting for this, with the usual attempts to buy time.

The SA & Service Manager neither knew that I had placed an item request for this lamp about 4 months back, & it had not yet been delivered. I dont know how they would have found it now. And not just the A.S.S, but even Ford doesnt seem to have one for spares supply. I had checked with Chennai Ford a couple of months back when I was in Chennai, and they did not have it either.

Coming back to today, the people were not able to find it in stock, & not able to do any jugaad, at about 7.00 pm my SA finally gave it in writing that they have charged for the lamp but they dont have it stock. They have promised it in 1 week, but got to see if it will happen.

One thing did stand out. For more than the half hour that the service manager was around the car when he checked the car & the lamp, and the follow up he did, he just did not come over or say even a single word about the whole thing.

There has been a lot of churn in the people at Lathangi .. wonder if I'll ever be able to build a relationship with the people there.

Whether Ford or Lathangi sees this as cribbing, this has been my experience today. Wonder if I should try the other two A.S.S's in town.
Old 28th December 2010, 23:23   #370
Team-BHP Support

How much were the air and oil filter condor?

Couldn't they just remove the lamp from the TD vehicle and give that to you. I mean big deal if the TD vehicle has a grey one.
Old 28th December 2010, 23:25   #371
BHPian

I think you should try Metro. The oil change, especially in diesel, is something you need to trust them on. Even minor running can turn it black, with viscosity being the only indicator we have. When I get it serviced in KL, I end up watching them drain the oil completely. Peace of mind end of the day!
Old 28th December 2010, 23:31   #372
Senior - BHPian

^^ The experience is not so different in Chennai either. Its become more like a bull fight with the SA & Quality guys at the Ford dealerships if I have to get a problem fixed in my car.

Would you believe, a simple rattle issue couldn't be diagnosed by Chennai Ford for nearly 2 weeks time spent with the car. It was finally found that to be due to a worn out rear boot locks by a Field engineer from Ford.

I am starting a thread soon with more details on my experience with Ford!
Old 29th December 2010, 08:20   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
vid6639 : How much were the air and oil filter condor?

Couldn't they just remove the lamp from the TD vehicle and give that to you. I mean big deal if the TD vehicle has a grey one.
They dont have TD vehicle for the TDCi - or atleast do not see one that is Registered.

Air Filter - 241. (The low cost was the reason I agreed to change it now)
Oil Filter - 320

Quote:
unni.ak : The oil change, especially in diesel, is something you need to trust them on.
One SA there said I can supply the oil. Will try it next time. They are using Castrol 5W30.

Quote:
anachronix : .. a simple rattle issue couldn't be diagnosed by Chennai Ford for nearly 2 weeks time spent with the car. It was finally found that to be due to a worn out rear boot locks by a Field engineer from Ford.
One doubt - if the rattle was coming from the back & outside the car, wouldnt it be a little difficult to pin-point from inside the car ?
Old 29th December 2010, 10:45   #374
Senior - BHPian

Parwath, I had the same issue with the cabin light, when it popped out unexpectedly while driving, the plastic around the metal broke on one side. My service centre didn't too had the beige color light in stock. But thankfully, they knew that, though they had grey colored light.Meanwhile, they tried fixing it with feviquick and double side tapes, but it just couldn't hold the light in place. I had asked them to order the grey colored 1.6Nxt's cabin light, but probably they didn't get it and ordered for the beige colored one.
I have mentioned by details here in my thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2187895

Have been luck with the service centre I guess.
Old 29th December 2010, 11:21   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One doubt - if the rattle was coming from the back & outside the car, wouldnt it be a little difficult to pin-point from inside the car ?
The Ford engineer tried to hit around the boot area while the car was stationary to find out the source of rattle. Total time spent was around 30minutes with the engineer to find the source of the rattle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks